PDA

View Full Version : Liberta Hamster Gym R10 ?

debs
04-23-2011, 07:37 AM
i was Just wondering if anybody's had this cage before? for a dwarf i'm meaning what do you all think? good bad etc.

Liberta Hamster Gym R10 Hamster Cage (http://www.justhamsters.co.uk/hamster-cages/liberta-hamster-gym-r10-hamster-cage?variant_id=5)

Gizmodo ^_^
04-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Never seen that before, looks nice, though it has less width than the mini duna, but more length xD

debs
04-23-2011, 08:20 AM
would you buy it? they have them at my pet store and i was going too get one thats why :)

Gizmodo ^_^
04-23-2011, 08:22 AM
I Wouldn't personally buy one, as i don't like the design, but im sure what ever purpose your going to use it for, it should be good :)

mangoandmimi
04-23-2011, 08:49 AM
looks very nice :) however i'd rather go with the mini duna personally ^_^ x

SnickersTheFirst
04-23-2011, 08:52 AM
I can imagine the plastic house on top being an issue, with ventilation and access.

debs
04-23-2011, 09:44 AM
i know but i maybe getting two dwarfs that why i was asking. i would rather go for a mini duna too but no where hear sells them.

Pomegranate
04-23-2011, 10:22 AM
The ventilation on the top bit is a worry, and the top hatch is quite small for access. I'd be tempted to just spend another £7 and buy an Imac Bingo.

Gizmodo ^_^
04-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Pomegranate reccomended a good idea :D, the imac bingo is the same size as the zoozone1/duna multy and you could get it for £7 more, so id do that if i were you :)

debs
04-23-2011, 10:27 AM
i wasnt going too buy it from there they have it at my pet stop for 15 pound ill have a look too see what eles they have =]

s.wilson
05-26-2011, 01:34 PM
I have two of these cages, both for robos.

I like it, there's enough room for toys and mine seem happy enough in them, though you must be made aware of a few things before you buy.

Firstly, the water bottle that comes with it has leaked with each cage I bought so you'll need to replace that and get some self adhesive velcro strips to relocate a new bottle. This leaves a hole in the roof of the cage where the bottle was supossed to hang from, but no dwarf is going to reach that unless you have tall toys directly underneath it. I leave it open to help with ventilation.

Secondly, the plastic clip that closes the door on the top (not the loft area, but the wired door) has broken within 2 weeks on each cage. While this is annoying, the door is out of reach so there's no danger of them escaping.

Thirdly, the wheel that comes with it is incredibly noisy (as in, I could still hear it 2 floors up) so it needs to be replaced. The wheel that comes with it has like a prong that you need to saw off so u can fit another wheel in its place. HOWEVER, you can't fit a 6 inch silent spinner where the other wheel goes so you need to find alternative place for it. Unfortunately, you cant fit a 6 inch wheel underneath the loft area either but there is a way around it. I've found that the best way to set this cage up is to totally ignore the loft space and have the platform directly underneath the loft. There's still enough headroom so that they arent crouched low, and it gives u more options for wheel placement.

While it is a decent cage plenty big enough for a single dwarf, would I buy the liberta gym over a different cage like a mini duna? Probably not. The only reason I have two is because I wasnt on this forum before I bought them lol. The mini duna, though equalling the Liberta fun in length, has more width meaning more room. More room = happier hamster. If I had been on here I would have saved the money and bought either a mini duna or the zoozone1 from the start.

If you want any pictures of my cages to help you make up your mind I can do that for you tonight when I feed them, or if you have any more questions about the cage, I'd be happy to try answer them.

s.wilson
05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
I can imagine the plastic house on top being an issue, with ventilation and access.

For the loft area, the entire roof of that is a secure access door with ventilation slits. None of mine have ever slept in it though, and both hardly go up there at all. I've put bedding up there a few times - often just to give them something to occupy them for a while as each time they've dragged the bedding down under the platform.

s.wilson
06-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I've attached a picture of the base of my cage with some stuff inside so you can get an idea of size.

CoolcatNatNat44
06-12-2011, 01:49 PM
They sell this cage at my local pet store, i think it looks cute, i would only put a dwarf in it though :)

debs
06-12-2011, 02:01 PM
yea thats who it was for =]

s.wilson
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Most definately only for dwarfs and I'd say really only a single dwarf. I had my young syrian in it for all of a day before I realised he was very quickly going to outgrow it.