Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Housing

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 03:11 AM   #31
Snail
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Tiny Friends Farm Bathing Sand?

I wouldnt risk it as they are so prone to respiratory infections. Anyone in the uk I instead recommend buying the 15kg play sand from argos for only £5. Just bake it in the oven for 20 minutes on 170 degrees(c) and let it cool and use for your hamster. Its not dusty at all and is very cheap! I think it depends on the batch of the sand you receive but I personally will not buy it again
Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:09 PM   #32
Maker
Adult Hamster

This is the reply to my email and video sent to Supreme about their sand.

‘Thank you for taking the time to contact us following your recent purchase of our bathing sand.
Occasionally due to natural variation, the sand can sometimes contain some finer particles. Having reviewed the video that you have very kindly provided, I may advise that the level of fine particles is typical of what we would generally expect for this product.
If you find this causes you or your pet any irritation, then we would advise either limited use or discontinuing use all together. As directed on the packaging we would only recommend providing your pets with a sand bath a few times each week for a short period of time (10-20minutes). Our Bathing Sand is a very popular product, and please be assured that should we believe there to be any risk to you or your pets, then of course we would not promote its use in this manner.
We hope you find this helpful, however please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further queries.’
Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:52 PM   #33
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

When the response is indicating that this is supposed to be the typical dust level, that alone is a red flag. Sand baths also are considered acceptable to have 24/7 no matter the hamster species as long as they don't have too much dust(that specific batch as seen clearly did have too much dust regardless of the response).
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 12:22 PM   #34
Snail
Hamster Pup

That response is very worrying and suggests the sand isn’t safe enough to leave in the cage as most would expect? ‘10-20 minutes’ only a few times each week?? Hamsters should have a sand bath for whenever they want its not as if we can just give it and they’ll immediately wash themselves they do it when they feel like it
Snail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #35
Maker
Adult Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
That response is very worrying and suggests the sand isn’t safe enough to leave in the cage as most would expect? ‘10-20 minutes’ only a few times each week?? Hamsters should have a sand bath for whenever they want its not as if we can just give it and they’ll immediately wash themselves they do it when they feel like it
I agree ☝️
Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:04 PM   #36
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

The sand was originally marketed just for chinchillas which is where the time limit comes in & what they're referring to.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deadly, died, sand, bathing, farm, friends, tiny