Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Breeding Hamsters

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
arikata
Hamster Addict

Default Female robo scrapping with a male...

Tonight my flat mate got a bit confused about which hammie goes where after they had all had a run in their balls (dispite the balls and cages being labelled...) and he had put a male robo (biscuit) in with a female (Jaffa). Jaffa tore the poor thing a new one and has left a cut on his foot and his rump.

Does this mean that she is pregnant (and therefore hormonal)? I have poor biscuit in on his own at the moment as he gets bullied by my other 2.

Also, would it be a good idea to take the sawdust out of Biscuits cage so that there isn't any irratants to his wound?

Any help and advice will be appretiated!x
arikata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #2
PinkEmily
Adult Hamster

Send a message via MSN to PinkEmily

probably not, she will be fighting with him because he is male and she doesnt want to mate. If they had of mated i would of expected her to be quiet and that they would of got along. I dont know if i explained that very well
PinkEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Tammy22
Retired Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to Tammy22 Send a message via AIM to Tammy22 Send a message via MSN to Tammy22 Send a message via Yahoo to Tammy22 Send a message via Skype™ to Tammy22

Hi Katzilla,

some Roborovskis will fight with any other Robos even if they are the same sex or different sex - it doesnt necessarily mean she is pregnant and it doesnt mean she doesnt want to mate either - she obviously just doesnt know him, doesnt recognise his smell and was treating him as an intruder.

What cage were they put together in? Even when different sex pairs are introduced on neutal territory it doesnt always go well - you can never tell what is going to happen - it always depends on the individual animals.

The wounds should heal up fine, just keep checking on him to make sure he is eating and drinking and that the wounds dont look infected - the shavings will be fine - and he will clean his wounds himself.

Good Luck.

Kind Regards,

Tammy x