Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Species > Syrian Hamster

Notices

Old 07-01-2022, 03:42 PM   #141
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Default Re: Raphael (Raffy's) Adventures

How do you manage to just add Raffy's name in the competition? Every time i do that it won't let me post and says that i need to add at least 10 characters.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:52 PM   #142
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University

You just type the name as you do with a post normally. But then because I add the photo text that probably counts as extra text (as opposed to adding a link). When you upload the photo via the Advanced button, you then insert the photo via the paperclip - what that does is put a bunch of text in the message box. Then when you post the post, the picture appears where the bunch of text was.

I know it's a techy hassle for you uploading them on the forum - but it's actually quite quick and easy. The fiddly bit is resizing the photos for uploading.

If you have another way of uploading the photos and it says the text is too short - maybe just add a bit more. Like the hamsters name - then a dash then "Syrian hamster" or something afterwards.
Old 07-01-2022, 04:07 PM   #143
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
You just type the name as you do with a post normally. But then because I add the photo text that probably counts as extra text (as opposed to adding a link). When you upload the photo via the Advanced button, you then insert the photo via the paperclip - what that does is put a bunch of text in the message box. Then when you post the post, the picture appears where the bunch of text was.

I know it's a techy hassle for you uploading them on the forum - but it's actually quite quick and easy. The fiddly bit is resizing the photos for uploading.

If you have another way of uploading the photos and it says the text is too short - maybe just add a bit more. Like the hamsters name - then a dash then "Syrian hamster" or something afterwards.
Yes, that is too technical for me but thanks anyway. I'll just add more letters. I've never figured out this whole resizing business but the phone does resizing of some sort.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:39 PM   #144
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University

Raffy is still growing. Weighed him tonight and it was between 163 and 164 g. So he's put on another 7g. I thought he looked a bit bigger.

Tonight he mastered the flying saucer. I decided to oil it with some vegetable oil as it didn't spin that well. It's also a bit warped! This was new recently but didn't notice it had a slight warp at first. Anyway it spun much better once oiled. Up till now he's mostly ignored it anyway apart from running up the middle to see if he could escape over the top.

I managed to tempt him on it by spinning it - and it helped that it actually moved properly when he was on it. So he can run on it now - but still prefers his wheel and was on that mostly.

Funny moment the other night. He frightened himself. I heard this crash on the terracotta plate, looked up and he had managed to untwist the end of the water bottle and it fell on the plate - along with all the water out of the bottle! Raffy shot down his tube and sat on the cage floor looking like "help - what happened!". He looked a bit scared but also a bit sheepish like he'd done something naughty. Amazingly he didn't get wet.

He is now using his potty in his new house - hurray - so easy to empty that out. He has solved the issue of the top hole on the house being near his tube exit and his way off the house roof at the other side. By blocking up the whole of that compartment with substrate - so there is no top hole now - it's a solid surface. Rather ingenious of him but a shame he can't use the top entrance. Our other hamsters always loved that. My fault for putting the house in the wrong place. I can see where he tunnels under the house at the back as well - from the small rear compartment next to his nest compartment.

Ria I thought about the extra door you mentioned, but I think that would stop the house being dark inside. And he seems quite happy tunneling under it. Which is why they need legs to support them!

Tags
cage, happy, night, raphael, yesterday