Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-09-2021, 09:06 PM   #11
rachaelrichards17
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Help would be greatly appreciated.

I知 sorry, I知 not very tech savvy. Where do I find manage attachment? When I go to reply it gives me the little staple button so I press it and it says choose file so I pick from photo library and hit upload but then it says the dimensions are too large or something. Says it has to be 620 x something and I tried to crop it but that didn稚 get it small enough. What do I do? Help me. Help me. Lol
rachaelrichards17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:50 AM   #12
Ria P
House of Hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelrichards17 View Post
I知 sorry, I知 not very tech savvy. Where do I find manage attachment? When I go to reply it gives me the little staple button so I press it and it says choose file so I pick from photo library and hit upload but then it says the dimensions are too large or something. Says it has to be 620 x something and I tried to crop it but that didn稚 get it small enough. What do I do? Help me. Help me. Lol
I'm a complete technophobe and can't fathom the whole resizing business. Someone more clued up than me will have to help you with that one.

When you click on Post reply and scroll down a bit you'll see the Manage Attachments.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:09 AM   #13
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University

There’s a thread on how to do it on here somewhere. I think the file from the iPhone will be too big and will need shrinking/resizing. There are apps to do that but I find it a real mind boggling fiddle. The easiest way is if you have a windows pc. Copy the photo to the pc then open it with paint. Select resize, select pixels rather than percentages and then put 650 in the top box (the bottom box will change automatically). And then save as - jpeg - to save it to your pc. This resizes your photo to fit the forum anf it will upload easily.

To then upload you click on “go advanced “ at the bottom of the message box. Then click “manage attachments”. A window opens that lets you upload the file. When it’s uploaded, close that window, go back to your message box and the paper lip and select “insert”. This will insert some text on your message box. When you click on post reply to submit the message, the photo will appear in the message box.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:15 AM   #14
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University

By burrow box do you mean a kind of add on bin attached with a tube? I think we were assuming it was a kind of wood item that sits in the cage (also called a digging box). If it’s the former then it will cause confused behaviours because she will have two separate environments. They do better with one larger cage area than two smaller attached ones as then they can have normal behaviours.

Over the years I have found what works is - large floor area on a single cage (at least 80 x 50 cm). At least 4 to 6” substrate. Large house that’s dark inside. A shelf or platform, wheel obviously, floor toys like tunnels and hidey places. If you give them an empty cage with 12” of substrate then yes they will dig a burrow - because there is nowhere else to retreat to. And it’s what they do in the wild. But if you provide a dark place to retreat to (large house) and plenty of tunnels abd hidey places, many don’t bother to dig at all (Syrians that is). They often like to build little mountains out of the substrate instead - either to insulate a house on the outside, or to block off the entrance (to make it darker inside), or sometimes in tanks, a mountain in one corner so they can climb to the top to try and escape - lol.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #15
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University

Ok so this is the app I found easiest for resizing on an iPhone . It’s called “Image Size”. I tried a few and some were very confusing or didn’t seem to work. With this one you click on the top left icon to open an image from your phone. Select the image. Click the right arrow to go back to the app. And just type in the dimensions. 280 wide 280 tall. Then click the bottom left icon to save. You’ll find the resized photo in your photos on your phone, next to the original photo.

Then just follow the instructions above for uploading on here. I still find paint easier and to get the crop sizes that fit best.

Tags
clean, potty, burrow, habitat, box