Wiki

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
Kal
Newborn Pup

Default New addition to our family - advice if possible.

So we have a new addition in the form of a 10 week old male syrian. Our family has never had hamsters before so its all new to us. He is currently in a large pets at home cage which I now know is too small so we have just ordered the Slavic plaza to replace it! We haven’t yet handled him as we don’t want to scare him or be bitten 😁. We have had him for a week and he takes good from us but won’t come into our hand if we leave the food on our palms. My son has stroked him gently and he seems ok with that. The cage has tiny doors so we find it hard to put our hands in without it looming towards him (hence getting the larger cage doors on the plaza). My main questions if anyone can help are:

- should we do a full clean after just a week or as we have spot cleaned is that ok until we get the new cage?
- do you think we should try and handle him before he moves into his new cage which will likely be at the start of next week?
- does he need to go into a ball for exercise yet or can that wait? If he should how do we get him in it as we haven’t yet handled him?

Sorry if these are silly questions.
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cage, week, haven’t, plaza, handled, questions, addition, family, doors, hands, put, larger, main, full, looming, ball, exercise, wait, silly, start, cleaned, spot, hard, moves, handle