Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Introductions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2022, 09:40 AM   #31
cloudy
Hamster Addict
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 861
Default Re: Scottie

Aww, look at his cute cheeks! I love it when you post pictures.
cloudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:48 AM   #32
Ria P
House of Hamsters
 
Ria P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 5,932
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
Aww, look at his cute cheeks! I love it when you post pictures.
Yes, he took a packed lunch in case he got hungry, lol.
__________________
Housemate of Rory & Rodney & Jack & Gertie & Clive & Scottie
& lodger Finley
always in my thoughts Percy, Henry, Gordon, Edwina, Clarissa, Betsy, Ozzy, Monty and Romy
Ria P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:53 AM   #33
cloudy
Hamster Addict
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 861
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Yes, he took a packed lunch in case he got hungry, lol.
lol That made me laugh!
cloudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 01:15 AM   #34
Stanza
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Essex
Posts: 133
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
Yes, he took a packed lunch in case he got hungry, lol.
Such sweet photos, Scottie’s super cute. I noticed Hams has taken to sleeping on top of his nest at the mo. Guess that’s the warmer days.
Stanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #35
Ria P
House of Hamsters
 
Ria P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 5,932
Default Re: Scottie

I caught Scottie earlier to give him a health check and he squeaked at me but then spent the evening hovering around his cage.

Late evening i decided to get him out and into the playground. It wasn't even difficult to get him to walk into the transport ball which surprised me. No squeaking either.

He's been running around the hamster playground for the last half hour, wheeling, climbing in and out of boxes, running through tubes etc.

That's so typical Robo. Once they're out of their cage and running around a stimulating area, they are enjoying themselves.

Easiest way to get him back is to pick him up while inside the big Trixie wheel and tip him onto my lap then pick him up from there.
__________________
Housemate of Rory & Rodney & Jack & Gertie & Clive & Scottie
& lodger Finley
always in my thoughts Percy, Henry, Gordon, Edwina, Clarissa, Betsy, Ozzy, Monty and Romy
Ria P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:37 PM   #36
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters
 
LunaTheHamster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,441
Default Re: Scottie

too cute Ria
__________________
Cosmic Hamsters YouTube Channel
LunaTheHamster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 03:58 PM   #37
ilguy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 90
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I caught Scottie earlier to give him a health check and he squeaked at me but then spent the evening hovering around his cage.

Late evening i decided to get him out and into the playground. It wasn't even difficult to get him to walk into the transport ball which surprised me. No squeaking either.

He's been running around the hamster playground for the last half hour, wheeling, climbing in and out of boxes, running through tubes etc.

That's so typical Robo. Once they're out of their cage and running around a stimulating area, they are enjoying themselves.

Easiest way to get him back is to pick him up while inside the big Trixie wheel and tip him onto my lap then pick him up from there.
It sounds like he really got over that health check quickly! Do you scruff him for those or is he okay being picked up on his back?
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 10:19 PM   #38
Ria P
House of Hamsters
 
Ria P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 5,932
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilguy View Post
It sounds like he really got over that health check quickly! Do you scruff him for those or is he okay being picked up on his back?
No, i don't scruff him. Robos are easy to hold with their back against your palm and thumb across their chest. That's Scottie in this photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220317_210621.jpg (116.2 KB, 9 views)
__________________
Housemate of Rory & Rodney & Jack & Gertie & Clive & Scottie
& lodger Finley
always in my thoughts Percy, Henry, Gordon, Edwina, Clarissa, Betsy, Ozzy, Monty and Romy
Ria P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:31 PM   #39
ilguy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 90
Default Re: Scottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
No, i don't scruff him. Robos are easy to hold with their back against your palm and thumb across their chest. That's Scottie in this photo.
That's amazing, thank you for sharing! What an absolute cutie
ilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:26 AM   #40
Ria P
House of Hamsters
 
Ria P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 5,932
Default Re: Scottie

It took Scottie weeks to settle into his Hamster Heaven. He was much more confident in the small foster tank.

Over the last week he has started to surface when he hears me in the morning and takes mealworms from my fingers now. The new sprays today quickly caught his interest as well. I'm glad he's more himself again. He's currently running in his wheel mid afternoon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220605_150612.jpg (315.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20220605_150841.jpg (240.6 KB, 9 views)
__________________
Housemate of Rory & Rodney & Jack & Gertie & Clive & Scottie
& lodger Finley
always in my thoughts Percy, Henry, Gordon, Edwina, Clarissa, Betsy, Ozzy, Monty and Romy
Ria P is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
55cm, bridges, gaps, quality, scottie

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.43 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.