Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Housing

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Holiday cage

I need some ideas for holiday cages.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University
 
Serendipity7000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North of England
Posts: 21,980
Default Re: Holiday cage

Do you mean for the hamster to live in while you’re on holiday - I take them with you? Or to leave them at someone’s house? I found it easier to leave them at home snd get a pet sitter to come in. I did take one older hamster with us on holiday once because he seemed to pine when we were away. He was very happy in a cage that was about 65cm by 45cm. And still fitted an 11” wheel.

Good options are:

The standard duna multy (75 x 45 and top stacks inside base for travel. It won’t fit an 11” wheel but it will fit a 9” wheel.

The Alaska cage. Good size snd it folds flat for travel (hard to get hold of these days).

Mine is the skyline Ted which I found perfect but not available now I think.
__________________
Serendipity7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Do you mean for the hamster to live in while you’re on holiday - I take them with you? Or to leave them at someone’s house? I found it easier to leave them at home snd get a pet sitter to come in. I did take one older hamster with us on holiday once because he seemed to pine when we were away. He was very happy in a cage that was about 65cm by 45cm. And still fitted an 11” wheel.

Good options are:

The standard duna multy (75 x 45 and top stacks inside base for travel. It won’t fit an 11” wheel but it will fit a 9” wheel.

The Alaska cage. Good size snd it folds flat for travel (hard to get hold of these days).

Mine is the skyline Ted which I found perfect but not available now I think.

I want to bring the oldest dwarf with me
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:49 AM   #4
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University
 
Serendipity7000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North of England
Posts: 21,980
Default Re: Holiday cage

Ok the Duna Multy should be a good option then The lid sits in the base upside down for transporting in a car. I bagged up most of the bedding from the regular cage, some of the toys etc, and usual food bowl and water bottle, then set it all up when we got there.
__________________
Serendipity7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #5
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ok the Duna Multy should be a good option then The lid sits in the base upside down for transporting in a car. I bagged up most of the bedding from the regular cage, some of the toys etc, and usual food bowl and water bottle, then set it all up when we got there.

Yes, I have that cage in my toughts. But did you use the bars at the cage or just the bottom and plastic part?
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #6
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

What cage do fit for a syrian hamster?
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 11:47 PM   #7
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University
 
Serendipity7000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North of England
Posts: 21,980
Default Re: Holiday cage

Duna multy should be fine for a syrian too but it'll only fit a 9" wheel. Which is ok short term. Not sure what you mean about the bars. It will need the bars on top or the hamster could escape.
__________________
Serendipity7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:20 AM   #8
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Duna multy should be fine for a syrian too but it'll only fit a 9" wheel. Which is ok short term. Not sure what you mean about the bars. It will need the bars on top or the hamster could escape.

I think I mixed the duna fun and the other
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:53 AM   #9
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Duna multy should be fine for a syrian too but it'll only fit a 9" wheel. Which is ok short term. Not sure what you mean about the bars. It will need the bars on top or the hamster could escape.

Is it duna multy 99,5 cm you mean?
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:11 PM   #10
Rashy
Hamster Pup
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 244
Default Re: Holiday cage

Our syrian boy that I thought was a girl, is not a bar chewer so I can use criceti 15 for him.
Rashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cage, cages, holiday, ideas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.43 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:43 AM.