Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Navigation
Front Page
Forum
Gallery
Wiki

Ads by Google


Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Hamster Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2022, 04:43 AM   #11
Ria P
House of Hamsters
 
Ria P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Wiltshire, UK
Posts: 6,878
Default Re: Introducing Orko

I just had another close look at your set up and can't see anything i'd advise of changing. You've got it covered.

Plenty of substrate, great wheel, everything heavy supported on legs and easily accessible for a small hamster. There's a flow in the well enriched set up that's pleasing to the human eye and more importantly, helps a new hamster to negotiate his way around.

I think you are one of those people who must have been a hamster in a previous life.
__________________
Housemate of Rory & Rodney & Jack & Clive & Scottie & Finley

always in my thoughts Percy, Henry, Gordon, Edwina, Clarissa, Betsy, Ozzy, Monty, Romy and Gertie

Last edited by Ria P; 06-09-2022 at 05:15 AM.
Ria P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:45 AM   #12
cloudy
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ria P View Post
I just had another close look at your set up and can't see anything i'd advise of changing. You've got it covered.

Plenty of substrate, great wheel, everything heavy supported on legs and easily accessible for a small hamster. There's a flow in the well enriched set up that's pleasing to the human eye and more importantly, helps a nee hamster to negotiate his way around.

I think you are one of those people who must have been a hamster in a previous life.
Oh my gosh this is such a huge compliment! Thank you so so much for saying this. I did adjust it a few times before adopting Orko. I am so pleased you think everything is okay. He has a sand box and separate dig box with beech chips and coconut chips in it.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:37 AM   #13
otto
Newborn Pup
 
otto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 28
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy View Post




Massive congratulations! I’m waiting eagerly for a photo of the new guy. You’re so deserving of this and are going to be a great hamster parent.
Your setup is incredible and looks great. What a lucky guy!
__________________
Otto - Syrian (5 months old) - 1200sq inch cage
otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:21 AM   #14
cloudy
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto View Post
Massive congratulations! Iím waiting eagerly for a photo of the new guy. Youíre so deserving of this and are going to be a great hamster parent.
Your setup is incredible and looks great. What a lucky guy!
That is such a lovely thing to say. Thank you so much. You made me smile.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #15
Lilafernim
Senior Hamster
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 409
Default Re: Introducing Orko

I love your setup! Especially for a first hamster, as said before takes people years normally to get everything together. Very well done for being so prepared and Orka is incredibly lucky to have found such a loving home. Wish you could just bust in on the little fellow to get a picture of what he looks like, torture to wait and see!
Lilafernim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #16
Serendipity7000
Hamsters University
 
Serendipity7000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North of England
Posts: 23,460
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Ooh great news. So glad you have a hammy. The set up is amazing! Definitely get a nightcam - it helps during that time until they get more confident and you see them more and nice to see what they do at night. Looking forward to seeing a photo when he's settled in.

I have this camera - it's great. I can sit in bed and view on my phone (it's connected via wifi) or you can watch next day (records all night). Picture quality is very good. You need a micro sd card as well.

Little elf Wifi Camera Indoor, [2022 New] 1080P Home Security Camera for Pet/Baby/Elder with Motion Detection, Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, 360 Degree Wireless IP Camera Work with Alexa : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
__________________

Last edited by Serendipity7000; 06-09-2022 at 04:33 PM.
Serendipity7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 03:52 PM   #17
LunaTheHamster1
Cosmic Hamsters
 
LunaTheHamster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,543
Default Re: Introducing Orko

omg yes, at last, so excited for you, can't wait to see pics and what an awesome cage. Love the camel.

Woo hoo so exciting.
__________________
Cosmic Hamsters YouTube Channel
LunaTheHamster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:23 PM   #18
cloudy
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilafernim View Post
I love your setup! Especially for a first hamster, as said before takes people years normally to get everything together. Very well done for being so prepared and Orka is incredibly lucky to have found such a loving home. Wish you could just bust in on the little fellow to get a picture of what he looks like, torture to wait and see!
Lol. I too wish I could see him. Thank you for such lovely words.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:24 PM   #19
cloudy
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ooh great news. So glad you have a hammy. The set up is amazing! Definitely get a nightcam - it helps during that time until they get more confident and you see them more and nice to see what they do at night. Looking forward to seeing a photo when he's settled in.

I have this camera - it's great. I can sit in bed and view on my phone (it's connected via wifi) or you can watch next day (records all night). Picture quality is very good. You need a micro sd card as well.

Little elf Wifi Camera Indoor, [2022 New] 1080P Home Security Camera for Pet/Baby/Elder with Motion Detection, Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, 360 Degree Wireless IP Camera Work with Alexa : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Thank you. I am going to get a camera as soon as possible. It is great you can view footage on your phone.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:24 PM   #20
cloudy
PM Fluffy for custom title
 
cloudy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,743
Default Re: Introducing Orko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaTheHamster1 View Post
omg yes, at last, so excited for you, can't wait to see pics and what an awesome cage. Love the camel.

Woo hoo so exciting.
Aww, thank you so much. I am touched how happy you all are for me.
cloudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
days, hamster, heard, night, orko

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.43 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:43 PM.