Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Front Page

Ads by Google

Go Back   Hamster Central > Hamster Central Forum Topics > Feeding/Nutrition


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
Newborn Pup
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 29
Default Baby food concern

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Hi ! My mom bought me a baby food can for my hamster. I was reading the ingredients and there was orange juice there. I know citrus fruits are bad but I don't know if the juice is bad. I linked a picture of the can - it's says : fruit 96% ( apple , peach, banana , orange juice ) . The other 4% are the corn starch and the rice. Is it safe ?
ArmaniHammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
PM Fluffy for custom title
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 4,307
Default Re: Baby food concern

Generally citrus fruits are too acidic to be safe to give(not exactly toxic though as they're often incorrectly labelled as),so I wouldn't even use something containing the juice.The only thing sourced from citrus(but not exclusively as it is found in many completely safe vegetables in lower amounts and fruits as well,just never as high as in citrus products)that is hamster safe would be citric acid.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote

baby, bad, food, fruits, juice, concern

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.43 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2003-2020, Hobby Solutions
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:05 PM.