PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Campbell'S Pure Colours

Silver
07-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Hello,

I was just wondering what are the pure colours of Campbells please. I know there are some hybrid colours because they are mixed with WW's.

fluffymunchkins
07-16-2010, 09:53 AM
For campbells i think the recodnised colours by the NHC are: albino, argente, black, dove and normal
with mottled of these colours

fluffymunchkins
07-16-2010, 09:55 AM
ah here we go:
Campbell's Russian Hamster (http://www.midlandhamsterclub.co.uk/hamster/campbell.html)

Silver
07-16-2010, 10:03 AM
So it says non standard on some of the colours. Does this mean Hybrid? as I would of thought the hamster club wouldn't show these. Thats where im getting confused on the Southern hamster club these colours come up. So are these Pure?

Campbell Colours (http://www.southernhamsterclub.co.uk/new/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=73)

internet_nobody
07-16-2010, 10:40 AM
So it says non standard on some of the colours. Does this mean Hybrid? as I would of thought the hamster club wouldn't show these.

Non-standard just means a show standard hasn't been drawn up for that colour. When they are shown they are scored on everything apart from colour.

Common pure colours are:
Agouti, black, argente, dove (black and argente) opal, albino, blue (black and opal) and blue fawn (opal and argente).
Less common colours (in the UK anyway) are black eyed argente, lilac fawn (opal and black eyed argente), beige (argente and black eyed argente), chocolate (black eyed argente and black), champagne (opal, argente, black eyed argente and black). There are also lilacs and two other forms of beige that you don't see, as they are combos of 3/4 genes.
There are two patterns, mottled and platinum. Platinum is a dilution of the colour, a bit like the hamster having icing sugar sprinkled on its back. Two copies of platinum give the black eyed white or red eyed white (depending on what other genes are carried).
Coat wise there's satin and rex, though I have only seen one rex.

Silver
07-16-2010, 10:45 AM
WOW,

Thanks I_N. I never knew there was soo many different colours & coat types.

So all of the above colours & coat types are classed as pure campbells if brought from a breeder?

Thanks xxx

internet_nobody
07-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes, those are all pure colours.

WW wise the pure colours are agouti and sapphire. Then there is the pearl pattern (standard) and merle/marble which is also considered to be pure, but does not have a standard.

Silver
07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Ive never seen a merle/marble WW bet its stunning :-D.

Do people breed all the diferent colours of Campbells in the uk as ive just seen a couple of colours in litters plat, white & Agouti.

They must look absolutly stunning just imagining a black or blue, champagne, beige or a choolate makes my mouth drool :p

internet_nobody
07-16-2010, 11:02 AM
The ones I stuck as common are ones I know are being bred and have seen regularly. I've not seen a black eyed argente for about a year, I don't know of anyone currently breeding them, I think they were in lines that had a questionmark about purity. Not seen any BEA based colours for ages either. Blacks and blues are quite common though!

Silver
07-16-2010, 11:13 AM
WOW,

I Can't wait to see a pure Black or Blue. I also ADORE White Black Eyed or red eyed Campbells. Im loving my baby's I have but am looking forwards to the hammy's I hope to have in the future if that makes sence lol.

The more I learn about these little ones the more I fall in love with them lol. Absolutly ADORABLE!

I can't ever see me being without a WW or Campbell now. Thank You I_N for passing on your knowlege of these darlings on to me & others that read this thread.

I so so wish there were more pure dwarf hammy breeders around. You never know in my next life I will either come back & breed WW's & Campbells or come back as one LOL.

internet_nobody
07-16-2010, 11:23 AM
I love black eyed whites too. Not so fond of red eyed hammies though, I think that's why WW are my favourites!!

fluffymunchkins
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
After getting Treo, i can't imagine being without a russian dwarf either :)
they are just so round and loveable!
I didn't think i liked red eyed hamsters, but after Treo, i figure i'm not really bothered x

Silver
07-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I must admit that now after Mandy Hybrid bred with a phrana fish Im not overly keen on the red eyes either lol but would trust a breeder red eye. But I must admit bew campbell girl is on my next hammy list. In fact thats what I would try & get next.

They just look stunning, like a white teddy bear in miniture lol.

fluffymunchkins
07-16-2010, 11:40 AM
if i got a BEW campbells i would call it Cotton :D

Silver
07-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Thats a great name FM :D