PDA

View Full Version : Fiddle...fiddle...fiddlesticks....

ameyjaney
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM
and it was all going so well :(.

Darwin had been doing really well with taming etc up until about a week ago. Since then I've hardly seen him.I've heard him munching and drinking and rustling but I've not seen him. Last night I saw him and tried to convince him to come out but failed. Quite often he doesn't want to come out every night unlike Spudley-bum, which is fair enough. I leave treats and such and they're always gone or moved and nibbled in the morning.

It may sound strange but in the last week or so I've moved a lamp beside my tv and use that for light. Normally I switch on the lights in the alcoves (which is where Darwin is). Could this be affecting his rhythm?

ameyjaney
06-22-2010, 04:13 PM
The little monkey is out tonight after taking out his cereal box with him in it.

I've put him back in now and he has refound his beloved wheel (after I removed a heap of bedding so it would move again).This = Ecstatic Darwin.

Hope
06-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Bless him!!

One thing that i have noticed since I got little Phoebe is how different Syrians and dwarfies actually are. Phoebe HAS to come out every night or she goes bonkers, whereas Boris is not bothered if he doesnt come out for a few days on the trot, and he never 'asks' to come out at all. It usually means me grabing him and popping him in his ball and convincing him that it is really time for some exercice to work off all those mealworms!! He quite enjoys it once he is out, be he is much less demanding in that way then Phoebe.

princess-rhi89
06-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Yea my Maisie is the same, she goes bonkers if she doesnt get any out time, I hope everything carries on going well for you and Darwin xx

fluffymunchkins
06-23-2010, 10:23 AM
yep, Treo has complete independance!
Some days hes desperate for cuddles and a good zoom around my bedroom, others he will just look at me and walk away or wants to go back in his cage after only a few minutes :roll:

starbug
06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
After he's been out for playtime, Toffee disappears back to bed (his tissue box) and stays there until we've gone to bed. When we turn off the TV, his nose appears at the door of the tissue box and he waits there until the light goes out. Does anyone else's hamster do this?

ameyjaney
06-23-2010, 02:11 PM
After removing bedding from beneath his wheel so he could run in it, the little menace has put it all back again......when will he learn?

fluffymunchkins
06-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry to say, but possibly never, peggy still does that today :)

ameyjaney
06-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh dear.....;)

HamstersAreHardcore
06-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Lol Hamish climbs and climbs and runs in his tubes then digs like mad when he isnt getting out and what wheel and cage do u have is darwin a dwarf well if he is a dwarf and u have him in a mini duna u could put the wheel on the second level as they dont bring any shavings up there well defo not as much to stop the wheel but on the first floor he can do it easily as he has all the shavings there for him