PDA

View Full Version : NEED URGENT HELP

lop
03-18-2006, 06:42 PM
I have a female hamster (she is less than an year old) and I was just holding her and noticed that she has something coming out (I think that from her anus)

it looks like her intestine but IŽm not sure.

itŽs maroon with veins over it. and it looks like it can breack if you touch it.

can it be rectal prolapse?

thanks so much for reading. i can not take a picture cause i donŽt have a webcam

=(

Emma
03-19-2006, 02:05 AM
It does sound very like a rectal prolapse

The best thing you can do is to keep it moist, with vaseline or similar lubricant, and get her to a good vet asap. Try to keep her warm and comfortable, and make sure she has constant easy access to water.

lop
03-19-2006, 06:55 AM
It does sound very like a rectal prolapse

The best thing you can do is to keep it moist, with vaseline or similar lubricant, and get her to a good vet asap. Try to keep her warm and comfortable, and make sure she has constant easy access to water.

IŽm taking her to the vet in an hour.

I hope that it doesnŽt get worst.

thanks for the reply Emma =)

SnuggleHam
03-19-2006, 07:56 AM
:( Sorry to hear about your ham Lop.. please keep us updated.

babyboos
03-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Oh I am thinking of you both. Good luck.

lop
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
:( Sorry to hear about your ham Lop.. please keep us updated.

thanks!

it was a vaginal prolapse,

I have to keep and eye on her and give her some medcine.

her vet told me that weŽll have to wait and see how it evolves but she is really optimist and things that everything will go ok

thanks!!

::hug::

lop
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh I am thinking of you both. Good luck.

thnak you so so much babyboos!

she is ok now.

she is active and hungry (both good signs)

it was a vaginal prolapse. her vet told me that weŽll have to wait and see how it evolves but she is really optimist about it

thank you so much!

Emma
03-20-2006, 12:53 AM
That's good news :) did the vet stitch it in place or just pop it back in? Hope that she continues to improve.

lop
03-20-2006, 02:20 PM
That's good news :) did the vet stitch it in place or just pop it back in? Hope that she continues to improve.

it just went back on itŽs own but some (I donŽt know the name in english but in spanish is PUS) came put

:)