PDA

View Full Version : Moving nests and biting cage again?!?

wendybear
07-09-2021, 02:33 AM
Last night, i did a full clean of my hamsters cage. This included in her nest but this morning i found out that she’s made a new nest on the other side of her cage? Is this normal? Along with that she’s also biting the cage where she built this new nest. She bitten the cage once a while ago but after that never again; i’m worried about her.

VOESSY
07-09-2021, 02:35 AM
Last night, i did a full clean of my hamsters cage. This included in her nest but this morning i found out that she’s made a new nest on the other side of her cage? Is this normal? Along with that she’s also biting the cage where she built this new nest. She bitten the cage once a while ago but after that never again; i’m worried about her.

Full cleans are upsetting. She's likely really stressed about that and trying to find new comfort on the other side. When you clean it is better to try and leave most of her nest, so she doesn't feel uprooted.

wendybear
07-09-2021, 06:16 AM
Full cleans are upsetting. She's likely really stressed about that and trying to find new comfort on the other side. When you clean it is better to try and leave most of her nest, so she doesn't feel uprooted.

That’s what confused me, her nest was relatively clean so i didn’t actually touch it much. But thank you for the reply :)

VOESSY
07-09-2021, 07:54 AM
Is her new nesting place awkward for you to clean?
Maximus settled in a tunnel underneath all the bedding initially, and after that under a platform that I had to pull up when I wanted to check. I just kept taking a bit of the bedding of 'nest smell' and putting it in his multichamber house a little at a time (for weeks) and eventually he moved in there. After that I just removed his old spots and put new fresh bedding there. Perhaps this could work for you too if you wanted her back in her original place.

GhostBella
07-24-2021, 04:28 PM
I can guarantee shes out grown her bed! The exact same thing happened to me and I only realised it was that when I sore her sat on top of her bed and sore she took up the roof of it. So to have to sleep in there with bedding aswell no wonder she was shifting her bedding around and acting restless. Buy a bigger bed and you will notice her back to normal. I also now have 2 beds in her cage big enough for her and both with bedding so she can choose.