PDA

View Full Version : Multiple hamsters in little space

Rashy
06-10-2021, 03:46 AM
If someone have 4-5 hamsters in a little place (two rooms), can that cause stress for the littles ones?

Ria P
06-10-2021, 06:22 AM
As long as all the hamsters have their own adequately sized habitats to suit their needs, get enough individual attention from their owners including out of cage tome of they like it and female and male Syrian hamsters are not kept in the same room then it shouldn't cause stress to the hamsters.

We have multiple hamsters but i avoid rescuing female Syrians because my Syrian boys get agitated at the scent of a woman.

Doesn't seem to affect dwarf hamsters who happily live side by side regardless of gender.

Rashy
06-12-2021, 08:34 AM
As long as all the hamsters have their own adequately sized habitats to suit their needs, get enough individual attention from their owners including out of cage tome of they like it and female and male Syrian hamsters are not kept in the same room then it shouldn't cause stress to the hamsters.

We have multiple hamsters but i avoid rescuing female Syrians because my Syrian boys get agitated at the scent of a woman.

Doesn't seem to affect dwarf hamsters who happily live side by side regardless of gender.

I found a new home for my adoption hamsters, she have 4 from before and with mine she will have 7.

Rashy
06-12-2021, 12:50 PM

Have you ever said no to someone who that wanted to adopt from you because you think they have enough with the hamsters they got?

Ria P
06-12-2021, 02:15 PM
Have you ever said no to someone who that wanted to adopt from you because you think they have enough with the hamsters they got?

Not something i have come across. I think it would depend on their standard of hamster care and the reason why they want to adopt more hamsters.

Rashy
06-12-2021, 02:43 PM
Not something i have come across. I think it would depend on their standard of hamster care and the reason why they want to adopt more hamsters.

The cages are 160*50 I think. She do have 4 now, and it will be 7 with mine.

LunaTheHamster1
06-12-2021, 03:02 PM
some people can cope with that many.
Ria has quite a few of her own and fosters.
Have you asked why they want so many more in one go, they may just love them.

Rashy
06-13-2021, 10:19 AM
some people can cope with that many.
Ria has quite a few of her own and fosters.
Have you asked why they want so many more in one go, they may just love them.

No special reason, she just loves them