PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Well Maestro

Coco61
04-15-2020, 10:03 AM
26th February 2018 - 14th April 2020

Yesterday I posted on Maestro’s thread and gave out the news that he had grown his wings and crossed the rainbow bridge.
He came home to me exactly 2 years earlier, on 14th April 2018, a simply beautiful SH cinnamon baby boy. He grew up to be a gentle and loving boy. His breeder who saw him at the two hamster shows I took him to, always commented on how pleased she was with this litter. She had kept 3 of his brothers and I know that the breeding line continues.
At those shows, Maestro was placed second when 3 months old and when 6 months old, he won top prize. This was only in the pet class of course, but others of his family were in the main show classes. Of course, the prizes made me proud of him even more but it did not change anything. He was quite simply adorable and I loved him very much.
On his thread I documented his strange and increasing water drinking habit that 4 different vet treatments did not help. Then gradually it began to decrease again. By his last month with me, it was back to normal. It remains a real puzzle.
All was well until his last few days when he suddenly aged becoming wobbly and finding it hard to get around. I moved all he needed as close as possible and I am sure that until the last 24 hours, he had all the nutrition he needed. He slipped away quietly in his sleep after I said a final goodbye to him. I am relieved he went so peacefully in a dignified way at home.

Thank you little one for the precious two years you gave me. I loved every day of it. I am glad that you are now in full health and so able to play well across the bridge. That helps your heartbroken Mum who will never forget you. Send me a sign if you can, looking back, so I know all is well with you.
Bless you Maestro, my special boy.

Pebbles82
04-15-2020, 11:04 AM
That is a lovely memoriam Coco. So very hard that he passed on his 2nd year anniversary with you. They touch our lives so much and he will be missed on here as well. I am also glad that his ending was fairly quick and peaceful and dignified at home. I am sure he is looking down on you from the rainbow bridge.

cypher
04-15-2020, 11:05 AM
A lovely memorial to your very special boy Coco.
I'm so sorry he has gone to the bridge now but he had a wonderful life with you full of all the love he could have wished for & lived to a good age under your care. So many wonderful memories which will bring happiness in times to come although just now the heartbreak is so hard.
I'm so glad for you both that he had such a peaceful & comfortable end to his life surrounded by love as he was throughout his time with you.
I know how much you must be missing him now, hugs to you.

Run free & play well at the bridge Maestro.

Coco61
04-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Thank you Serendipity and cypher. We have all been here before and I know you both understand so well. It still is hard and it hurts but your kind words mean a lot.

Ria P
04-15-2020, 11:28 AM
This forum won't be the same without Maestro. He was such a big part of it and will be missed by everyone here.
It must be so hard when they leave us and i really feel for you Coco. Maestro had a wonderful live with you and a peaceful departure to the land of the Rainbow. He was a very lucky hamster.

Coco61
04-15-2020, 11:32 AM
Thank you Ria. Maestro leaves a big hole in my life and in my heart.

Vierville
04-15-2020, 04:12 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Maestro's passing.

Our hamsters are such huge characters, far far bigger in character than in physical size and they become such an important part of our lives. Their innocent honesty is so endearing. The pain will gradually ease and you will be left with only the wonderful memories of Maestro.

Rest In Peace little Maestro.

Coco61
04-16-2020, 09:28 AM
Thanks Verville. You are so right about our little furry friends.

souffle
04-16-2020, 09:38 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss of your beautiful cinnamon boy. You and I we share our love of cinnamon boys. He led a charmed life and was so much loved.
Run free at the bridge Maestro xx

Coco61
04-16-2020, 09:59 AM
There is something so beautiful and appealing about the colouring and the character that seems to go with it. Your own litters are stunning.

Here are a couple of my favourites of Maestro

Grr, they rotated, but he was indeed Best Pet to me.

Pebbles82
04-16-2020, 12:07 PM
Lovely photos. He was a beautiful boy. Very special. It is a fitting memorial to show him with his rosette.

cypher
04-16-2020, 10:43 PM
He really was a handsome boy with such beautiful colouring Coco, the photos show that so well, lovely to see him with his rosette too.

Coco61
04-17-2020, 08:51 AM
Thank you both very much.
Pickle is so like him Serendipity.

Thin Lizzy
04-18-2020, 04:52 AM
Reading your memorial to your precious Maestro has made me cry all over again. I was hypnotised by his colouring, such gorgeousness and shine. He really was a very handsome gentleman-ham. As his owner Coco, you gave him so much confidence, love, care and affection. When he was drinking too much water, you did everything to get it down, you kept to his routine and the bond you shared grew and grew. Even though he couldn't speak, he knew you did everything with unconditional love.
I'm so gonna miss your superman-ham, he was a a little fighter and an inspiration.
Mocho, Master Harvey and the Ham-Orchestra will have been waiting for him at the bridge with loads of ham-hugs and whisker kisses.

Sweet rainbow dreams Maestro xxx

Coco61
04-18-2020, 09:11 AM
I thought of the welcoming party too TL. Plus Twinkle of course!

His cage was in the main living area and Maestro was used to all the sounds and smells. Last night when watching tv, I half excepted to hear him chewing on his rat tunnel by his entrance. He did this to attract my attention when I was watching evening tv if I had not noticed him by his door. He wanted his pumpkin seeds and sunflower seed hearts that he only got when he came out onto my lap in his fuzzbutt. It always made me chuckle. Such clever little creatures and they just know how to....

Thin Lizzy
04-19-2020, 07:50 AM
Like you, I have an open plan kitchen living room and the room I spend the most time in. Yes, hammies are clever little creatures with a certain routine and even when they leave us it's hard adjusting to them not being there and we are so used to the routine we continue to do it. They train us.
It's like they're still there and you're convinced you can hear them, with MH I was sure I could hear him on his wheel. The hardest bit is when you find yourself putting a bowl of their favourite veggies in the cage and then it hits you. With each ham, I find it harder. xxx

Coco61
05-16-2020, 06:17 AM

With the opening of garden centres, I was finally able to buy a plant for Maestro’s resting place. It is Alpine Pinks. I have just planted it. A bee arrived to explore the flowers immediately.
I am still waiting for his memorial stone to arrive. Pets Remembered are working with fewer people and I am promised an update once the stonemason has been spoken to.
In the meantime, the table where his cage was has Maestro’s personal bits on it waiting for the stone to join them.

cypher
05-16-2020, 07:19 AM
The alpine pink looks lovely Coco, a beautiful plant for his resting place.
I hope you don't have to wait too long for his stone although I'm sure it will be worth the wait & a lovely memorial when it arrives.

Pebbles82
05-16-2020, 09:26 AM
The flowers are beautiful. I like the idea of the memorial table as well - nice idea. I hope the stone doesn't take too long but the plant pot looks lovely anyway.

Coco61
05-16-2020, 10:26 AM
Thank you cypher and Serendipity. The Alpine Pink variety is Flutterby.
On his table, by his food bowl, is Maestro’s last half chewed crocodile whimzee.
In his pot he was laid to rest in his Fitch nest bedding with some of his favourite seeds.

Vierville
05-16-2020, 10:55 AM
It is a beautiful way of giving him a memorial. Those flowers look lovely and will continue to bring you joy and remind you of the joy Maestro brought.

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Absolutely beautiful Coco, I love that shade of pink and Maestro will too. I love the table with his favourite things. Brought a tear to my eyes xx

Coco61
05-16-2020, 11:34 AM
Thank you Vierville and TL. I still haven’t got used to him not being there so the table does help a lot.

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2020, 11:44 AM
I know what you mean Coco, Maestro was a huge part of your life and I'm glad the table is a comfort for you xx

Coco61
05-31-2020, 02:08 PM
I just do not know why my photos insist on rotating.
But for the patient, Maestro’s memorial stone was delivered today and now is on his table with his other bits and pieces

For those with longer memories, I took a photo today of Mocho’s resting place with the hebe plant in full flower right now. Bees love it and it makes me smile and think of my beautiful boy.

Thin Lizzy
05-31-2020, 03:10 PM
Coco, you've done your magical boy Maestro proud, he'll be so happy to be remembered in this very special way. Simply Beautiful!
He'll be forever remembered and loved.
As for Mocho's plant, seeing it grow, expand and bloom in a gorgeous colour let's you and us know he'll be around forever.
I can't wait to see Maestro's plant wild and growing in every direction. So happy they're side by side making you smile everytime you go into the garden.
Absolute Bliss xx

Coco61
06-01-2020, 08:58 AM
Thank you so much TL. This lovely weather has brought on Maestro’s Alpine pink in a quite lovely way. I did not realise the flower heads would vary in shades of pink.
I will take a photo tomorrow as the forecast is so good for the last time.

cypher
06-02-2020, 07:12 AM
Lovely to see how well Maestro's beautiful plant is doing Coco, such a great tribute for him & his memorial stone is lovely too, it just completes his table of memories, it must all be a real comfort to you & I'm sure he will be proud looking down from the bridge.

Coco61
06-02-2020, 09:40 AM
As promised, an updated photo showing how Maestro’s Alpine pink has come on so well in the lovely weather we have been having. It is doing my beautiful boy proud.

Incompetent as ever - apology for the rotation!

Pebbles82
06-02-2020, 12:00 PM
Mocho’s hebe looks lovely - in full bloom. The pinks are gorgeous too - you must have green fingers:-). The memorial table is a very nice idea - very special. Glad the stone arrived safely.

Coco61
06-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Thank you Serendipity. The stone did take longer than usual to arrive but it was well worth the wait.

Thin Lizzy
06-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Gorgeous shades of pink Coco, growing and blooming. Made me smile xx