PDA

View Full Version : What colour is my Syrian?

HollysHammys
03-13-2020, 07:56 PM
Hi! I have had my syrian hamster Freddie for 7 months now and he is such a little darling! However I am fairly new to hamster owning and have been unable to work out what his coat colour is?

He is a long haired, banded Syrian, with a taupe/light brown/slight grey hue to his fur and has dark red eyes and almost hairless ears.

I figured he may be a dove banded, however he doesnt seem quite grey enough to be dove? Help!

I have no intention to breed Freddie, so simply want to find out for my own curiosity - if you recognise his coat please let me know! Is he dove or something else entirely?

flowerfairy
03-14-2020, 01:48 PM
He is gorgeous!

Looks like a cream banded to me but I am not an expert. I had a female hamster, Harvest, that was cream with a white band and red eyes. Aww

souffle
03-15-2020, 01:43 AM
I think he might be a Mink banded. With having the long hair the eye rings wont show so well. With Minks they start off more greyish and then become gradually more orangy.

VOESSY
03-15-2020, 02:15 AM
I have no idea about colours, I just want to say he's really pretty. :)

HollysHammys
03-16-2020, 05:17 PM
Thanks for all your help!

I actually agree that he could be mink banded - I was thrown off but the lack of eye rings but like said it could be the long fur.

I also explored the possibility of him being cream banded but he doesnt seem quite light enough in colour.

Thanks for all your help, and the compliments about him too! I agree he truly is beautiful - he has my heart!