PDA

View Full Version : Sunny

LunaTheHamster1
01-01-2020, 04:27 AM
I can't believe this happened.
Yesterday I got an emergency appointment for my rescue Syrian Sunny, who I have only had for 1.5 months.
I noticed she was having teeth problems. They took her off to sort her teeth out, but sadly upon examination they found a huge un-operable mass in her abdomen.
In all honesty it was a shock but I wasn't surprised, because all of these little things that had been niggling me since just before xmas all of a sudden made sense. I had been keeping an eye on her, which is why I spotted the problem with the teeth. But it was the mass causing her not to eat or chew which then caused the teeth issues.
I had to put her to sleep. It broke my heart. She didn't have the life she deserved, and I thought I would have longer with her to make up for her past.
RIP my little sunshine.

souffle
01-01-2020, 05:03 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. She had a life filled with love and caring when she was with you though so remember that.
Play well at the bridge Sunny x

Ria P
01-01-2020, 06:27 AM
Oh no! Luna! What a shock to hear this very sad news! I am so so sorry and worried about you now because it's easy to tell from your posts how much you care for your hamsters.

Sunny experienced love and a good life with you so at least she left this world knowing what its like to be cared for and arrived at the rainbow bridge a happy hamster.

Please look after yourself and take refuge in Star who will help you to come to terms with Sunny's loss.

Ithuviel
01-01-2020, 06:44 AM
i am so sorry for your loss. run free at the rainbow bridge little one.

LunaTheHamster1
01-01-2020, 07:17 AM
I'm so very sorry for your loss. She had a life filled with love and caring when she was with you though so remember that.
Play well at the bridge Sunny x

Thanks Souffle that is what my friends and family are telling me too.

Charlie Dunn
01-01-2020, 08:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Sunny. Please take comfort in the fact that you gave sunny a loving home and she was so well cared for in the time she had with you. Play well at the bridge sweet sunny x

LunaTheHamster1
01-01-2020, 08:30 AM
i am so sorry for your loss. run free at the rainbow bridge little one.
Thank you Ithuviel

LunaTheHamster1
01-01-2020, 08:39 AM
Oh no! Luna! What a shock to hear this very sad news! I am so so sorry and worried about you now because it's easy to tell from your posts how much you care for your hamsters.

Sunny experienced love and a good life with you so at least she left this world knowing what its like to be cared for and arrived at the rainbow bridge a happy hamster.

Please look after yourself and take refuge in Star who will help you to come to terms with Sunny's loss.

Thanks Ria, you are right, my hammies mean soooooo much to me. I just thought it would be Star next as she is on her last legs bless her, so losing Sunny like this was a bit too much.
I'm taking some time to regroup and just focusing on me and Star. I will probably adopt again, just not right away. It's been a bit rough this last 6 months or so with all the vets visits with all 3 of my hamsters. Luckily my friends and family support me as I know some of you know I am not well myself, so time to take care of me for a bit and try to get my health on track.

Also, when I told the rescue where I adopted Sunny from, they said the hamster they believed to be Sunny's sister had to be put to sleep in very similar circumstances. So maybe it was something she was predisposed to. I just wish she had longer. But not meant to be.

My mum buried her next to Luna, underneath a beautiful fuchsia bush. So a nice peaceful/beautiful spot for the both of them.

LunaTheHamster1
01-01-2020, 08:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear about Sunny. Please take comfort in the fact that you gave sunny a loving home and she was so well cared for in the time she had with you. Play well at the bridge sweet sunny x

Thank you Charlie.

Coco61
01-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Very sad indeed to read this news about Sunny. As others have said Luna, you are such a loving and caring owner of hamsters. You gave Sunny the very best life while she was with you which would have made a difference. These things happen so unexpectedly it can seem very unfair. Now take care of yourself and Star for as long as you need.

Vierville
01-01-2020, 11:18 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Sunny. It breaks my heart that these sweet, wonderful little animals live such short lives but please remember that you gave Sunny something she desperately needed- a second part of her life that was much much better than the first part.

Rest in peace little one.

LunaTheHamster1
01-03-2020, 06:47 AM
Thanks guys for your comments. Much appreciated.

LunaTheHamster1
01-03-2020, 08:55 AM
Hi,
I just made a remembering video of Sunny.
I just feel like I hadn't even had chance to share more about her with you all yet. She was a fluffy little hamster, VERY food orientated which I think this video shows that side of her very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_QgOkLkDgc&t=13s

Ria P
01-03-2020, 09:12 AM
That's a lovely video of a beautiful hamster. She even went back into her cage herself with her new stash of food! Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Vierville
01-03-2020, 09:54 AM
What a beautiful video. She looked like a very very special hamster. I'm not ashamed to say it brought a tear to my eyes.

sushi_78
01-03-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm so sorry about Sunny. That's a lovely video to remember her by.

LunaTheHamster1
01-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Thanks again everyone. Ria I couldn't believe it when Sunny did that. I actually find that even though making these videos make me cry they do help as well. They help me focus on the good times.

LunaTheHamster1
01-03-2020, 12:04 PM
p.s. Ria, so glad you posted about the different grasses, as you can see in the video Sunny loved the flax ones.

Thin Lizzy
01-04-2020, 07:47 PM
So sorry to hear about your beautiful Sunny, she brought sunshine into your life and even though it was short, she was truly loved. She will be missed.