PDA

View Full Version : My Little Roborovski Died

Cotton
09-10-2019, 07:02 AM
My little Roborovski, Finnegan, died on Sunday. There was no indication he was ill or injured. He was active throughout his last night, running on his wheel. In his last week, I was excited that he suddenly started sitting in my hands. After his death, I checked him thoroughly and went through everything in his cage. There is nothing to indicate why he died. As far as I know, he was young...6-8 months old. I'm stuck in a loop, trying to figure out what happened to this adorable little guy.

Ria P
09-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this and can't even imagine how you must feel to loose your little guy so suddenly and without an obvious cause.

souffle
09-10-2019, 11:47 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Often we can never know the reason however with a younger hammy it is usually something they have been born with like a weak heart valve which suddenly gives out and they fly free very quickly.
Run free at the bridge Finnegan x

Hammygal
09-10-2019, 12:56 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Charlie Dunn
09-10-2019, 02:26 PM
I am so sorry to hear about finnegan. It is always heartbreaking when they leave us, especially when they are so young. Bless him x

Cotton
09-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Thank you, Ria, Souffle, Hammygal and Charlie, for your comforting responses. I appreciate it very much. Thank you!

Josie
09-12-2019, 03:48 PM
So sorry to hear of Finnegan's passing, play well at the bridge Finnegan hugs to you :( xxxx

Cotton
09-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Thank you, Josie, and everyone for your posts. I appreciate it. Surprising how much we miss these little friends when they are gone, but on second thought, not surprising at all because they are such wonderful pets.

There's a Roborovski available for adoption at a local shelter now, but I'm not ready to replace Finnegan yet so I am waiting. Maybe I would be making room for another instead of replacing him because one hamster never replaces another...their personalities and temperaments are all unique.

In any case, thank you!

Cotton
09-15-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to attach a picture of Finnegan on the day I brought him home. So far, it doesn't work. Do you see him?

souffle
09-15-2019, 02:59 PM
That's a lovely pic. I've edited it to make it a little smaller (650 pixels wide is good) and to attach so it shows you need to click on the paper clip at the top of the post then click the image you want from the dropdown and it will show then.

Cotton
09-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Thank you very much, Soufflé! I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Ria P
09-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Yes, i can see Finnegan! Aaw, he was a lovely hamster.

You wouldn't replace Finnegan by adopting another Robo. You would be giving a homeless hamster who just happens to be a Robo a loving home.

You know yourself when the time is right...probably next time you visit the shelter and find that this little Robo is still there.

Cotton
09-15-2019, 09:46 PM
Thank you, Ria. I like your perspective. I will remember that when I go to see the little Roborovski that is there now.

souffle
09-15-2019, 11:52 PM
You never replace them. Each little one who shares our lives makes our heart grow a little larger so that when they pass there is room for them there and also room for another little one to share the life they had. Finnegan will always be there with you in your heart and will smile when he sees his job is done and you feel ready to care for a new friend.

Cotton
09-16-2019, 12:24 AM
Ahhh, that's beautiful, Soufflé. Thank you very much. It brought tears to my eyes, but I mean that in a good way. Thank you.

JennySTL
09-18-2019, 01:57 PM
I'm so sorry, Cotton. He was a cutie.

Cotton
09-18-2019, 07:43 PM
Thank you, Jenny!

Thin Lizzy
09-24-2019, 05:16 PM
So sorry for your loss Cotton, the above picture of Finnegan is so adorable. So true what Souffle said, you never forget them and that they're forever in your heart. Thinking of you xx

Charlie Dunn
09-25-2019, 02:38 PM
Gorgeous little ham x