PDA

View Full Version : What is your little one's favourite treat item?

babyboos
03-11-2005, 10:16 AM
My guys love brocolli, avocado, pumpkin seeds and millet sprays. Though not all at once :?

SnuggleHam
03-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Millet Spray for my two Roborovskis. I offered them carrot once, they sniffed it and walked right over it :lol: .. they didn't seem to care.

But they really love millet spray and budgie seed it seems.

afishcalledwanda
03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Broccoli

Peas

Pine nuts - in moderation

Home made yogurt

carrots

Green beans

Apple- in moderation

Green bell pepper

Scrambled eggs

Cheese

jdawg1602
03-11-2005, 01:27 PM
carrots with a small bit of ranch dressing

cucumbers

sunflower seeds

Emma
03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
My current robos love peanuts, banana and raisins - I don't think they've even had an experimental nibble at anything else I've offered them, except Pippin once tried some apple for about a second! Mitzi used to go crazy for broccoli, carrot, banana and cheese.

hammydude
03-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Carrots and Sunflower Seeds for Biscuits. He also enjoys lettuce and ocassionally sugar-free apple sauce and juice.

Emma
03-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Having posted that last night, I gave them some bits of apple they'd had in their playpen -also known as the bath (I always put bits of fresh food with them when I let them run in there, in case they want moisture) and this morning they were eaten right down to the skin. So another treat to the list!

babyboos
03-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Wow my Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters are not much fussed by apple, whereas the majority of my Syrians love it, they are as individual as us though :lol:

Hamster Dragon
10-20-2005, 12:39 PM
My hamster loves chicken and turkey, it's the only stuff she will eat straight away. Most of the time she would pouch the treats I give her and eat them later.

I think she will be having Christmas dinner with us this year :lol:

babyboos
10-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Christmas dinner always reminds me of Brussel Sprouts :twisted: I wonder if the hammies will like them any better than me?

Hamster Dragon
10-21-2005, 04:08 AM
Same question here :lol:

babyboos
10-21-2005, 04:28 AM
they are not getting any roasted parsnips - all mine :wink: :oops:

Hamster Dragon
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Millet Spray for my two Roborovskis.

What is Millet spray?

babyboos
10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Millet spray - this is a seed head of the millet grain plant usually available in petstores for small caged birds. They are about 10 - 25 pence each and my Roborovski especially love them. They are a low fat, high protein treat.

http://www.birdsupplies.com/ProductImages/food/millet.gif

pophammy
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM
We gave our hamsters a millet spray each and they just seemed to ignore them! I guess not all hams like them.

babyboos
10-31-2005, 11:49 AM
It is definitely more of a young Syrian and dwarf thing I would say - my adult Syrians have a cursory nibble and then trample them into the Megazorb usually.

sarah
10-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Aye its funny how they all like different treats. Maisie use to love all the naughty fattening treats like the honey nutty bars and bits of cheese but Tinker just ignores all of that.

He loves nuts - espeially pine nuts (not too many though :oops: ), and green leaves. Though by far his favourite seems to be the locust bean treats. He loves them!!

babyboos
10-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Locust Beans are a wierd one in my house some love them some leave them with the alfalfa pellets in the bottom of the bowl :?

Sillywabbit
11-10-2005, 02:06 AM
:? Did I dream it or is Millet (the kind birds have) ok for a hammy treat? And do I hang it in his house, or just give little as a treat ?

Chico has so far only had and loves chicken and cheese....

Also I may be doing us scrambled eggs tonight, do hammies have it made the same way as us? i.e. egg, milk, a little butter, salt......how much approximately for 8 week hammy? 1 teaspoon?

Emma
11-10-2005, 02:54 AM
Millet goes down a storm with my Roborovski, I just put the whole thing in the cage and let them go for it - they don't have one all the time though, maybe every other week.

I'd leave out the butter and salt for scrambled eggs for hammy - I actually leave the milk out too but I think that's just my personal preference. About a teaspoon should be a fine amount - I'll scramble 1 egg and share it between all my furries (2 rats as well as the hamsters)

As for locust beans - meh, smelly things!!!

Phoebe's current favourite treats are cashew nuts, banana chips, dog kibble and meal worms! She had some red pepper yesterday too and made a right mess of herself, red staining all over her white bits.

Sillywabbit
11-10-2005, 03:56 AM
Thanks for reply Emma, I will put a millet spray in his house tonight, see what he makes of it... :D

And for advice about scrambled egg, I did wonder about the mix especially the salt...

sounds like your little family have it really good! awwwww bless :)

Thanks again :) xxx

souffle
11-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Our guys, both Syrians, don't seem interested in the millet. I think maybe babies or dwarfs like it because of the small seeds? Broccoli they love very much and raisins too.

furrynavel
11-28-2005, 09:31 AM
There isn't much that Mimosa doesn't like :wink: apart from the Burgess Excel Nature Snack things :D

She had some mashed up hard boiled egg last night and liked it so much she ate the whole lot from her bowl. She didn't even fill her cheeks to stash it later :D

She also particularly loves cous cous and raisins

Emma
11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Ooh Phoebe loves couscous too

babyboos
11-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Try cooked millet grain and/or quinoa grain my Syrians love it, especially Millet Mash which is mashed cooked millet grain and cauliflower, it is my alternative to mashed potato. Or mashed butternut squash and sweet potato. Mashes are great at this time of year as treats for our little ones. You can make it for yourself for tea and freeze ice-cube sized chunks in trays for our furries.

Scargirl
10-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Scarlet likes...

*Apples
*Cheese
*Yogies
*Salad mix
*Baby Carrots
*Sunflower seeds ( from her food mix)
*Oatmeal (raw)
*Radish
*Nuts (not really any particularly, she pretty much likes all:grin:)
*And last but not least...

Nine Grain Bread!

She is not that pickey ;)

Scargirl
10-19-2015, 10:02 PM
There isn't much that Mimosa doesn't like :wink: apart from the Burgess Excel Nature Snack things :D

She had some mashed up hard boiled egg last night and liked it so much she ate the whole lot from her bowl. She didn't even fill her cheeks to stash it later :D

She also particularly loves cous cous and raisins

I'm sure scarlet would just love mashed up egg (especially the yolk) but I think it is getting too expensive to give her. And just now I found out about that :(