PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight, Spunky (2016-2019)

Spunkys_Owner
01-07-2019, 06:37 PM
You were just a ball of fluff.
One that always appeared whenever I talked to it.
You would run and run and run on your wheel
and stuff your cheeks with Cheerios until they bulged.
You brought a smile to anyone's face.
You were energetic and full of life
until the very end.
Farewell, Spunky.

My dwarf hamster, Spunky, has past.
I kept him for two years and two months. He probably died of old age.
He died with his eyes closed, looking peaceful in his nest. (Although his body was contorted, he still looked peaceful.)
I put him in a colorful tissue box and dropped in a few toys as well as soft bedding and a farewell note. He is now buried in soft mud in my backyard with a stepping-stone marker on top.
Spunky was energetic, even in his last days. I remember seeing him run around just a day before he stopped coming out of his house. He never outlived his name.

<3

[P.S]
Erm, I realized soon after making this account that my name is quite a one-time use sort of thing. I'll keep it, though. I don't mind.

Thin Lizzy
01-07-2019, 09:03 PM
So sorry to hear about Spunky, a beautiful tribute to your little boy. You gave him a wonderful life of love, care and happiness.

cypher
01-07-2019, 10:36 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Spunky had a good long life & I'm glad he was able to go peacefully from old age. I'm sure he has left you with some wonderful memories to cherish & he will live forever in your heart now.

Run free & play well at the bridge Spunky.

souffle
01-08-2019, 06:23 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Spunky sounds like a very well loved hamster.
Play well at the bridge Spunky.

SKB_Hamsters
01-13-2019, 07:55 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss of Spunky. He was a lucky hamster to have yourself to love and spoil him like he deserved. This is a lovely tribute to him.
Play well at the bridge Spunky.

Cotton
01-14-2019, 11:48 AM
I am sorry to read about your Spunky. You wrote a lovely tribute.

Pebbles82
01-17-2019, 10:57 AM
I am so sorry - he had a good long life and lots of love but you must miss him terribly. I think you're username is a nice memorial.

dreamtree1234
02-01-2019, 07:33 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Spunky. He sounded like quite the character and always eager to entertain. He lived a long and happy life filled with so much love and care from you. I'm sure you have plenty of amazing memories of your cutie pie and he will forever live on in your heart. Huge hugs to you.

May you have plenty of amazing adventures at the bridge, Spunky. You will be remembered always.