PDA

View Full Version : I知 new here....

Sophiarose
11-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Hi! So my name is Sophia and I知 new to this website. I want to know if anyone could help me upload a picture because I知 not sure how. Also if anyone has a Syrian hamster if you know any tricks or tips to potty train them🐹🐹

momlife83
11-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi! So my name is Sophia and I知 new to this website. I want to know if anyone could help me upload a picture because I知 not sure how. Also if anyone has a Syrian hamster if you know any tricks or tips to potty train them🐹🐹

Hi sweetie,
The best way to potty train is to get some pellets/poop and pop them into the potty ... also if the wee anywhere in the cage it's best to get some of the bedding that's got wee on and add that to the potty. It usually works. Let me know how you get on sweetie

cypher
11-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Hi & welcome to HC Sophia :)

There's a guide to posting photos here.
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/announcements-bug-corner/70570-how-embed-photos.html

The best way to potty train your ham is wait until you find their pee corner then if possible put a litter tray there (use chinchilla sand, not dust, in the tray as the litter pellets sold are unsafe) then put some peed on substrate on top.
If you want your ham to pee in a different place if they're peeing in the house for example then put the tray close by & do the same thing.

SimonandSyril
11-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Welcome to HC! I use sand baths (with hamster safe sand NOT CHINCHILLA DUST OR SAND STRAIGHT OFF THE BEACH) for potty training

Thin Lizzy
11-16-2017, 07:59 AM
Hi Sophia, welcome to the forum.