PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

RosemaryS
11-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Hello! My name is Elsi but I'd like to be called Rose if that's fine with you. I'm new here and I just wanted to get more tips about hamster care and possibly make friends. At the moment I don't have any hamsters but on the 18th December I'm going to get a Syrian. My plan is to get a tan one and name it Pumpkin Seed. I had hamsters a few years ago but recently my mum said I can get a Syrian since I wrote her a 9 page essay about hamster care. I'm going to get £153 worth of stuff for it (I'm paying) but if I don't reach that goal by the 18th I'm just gonna have to not get one of the cages I was planning to get him/her (Yes I, if possible, will be getting 2 cages for them and connecting them with tubes). At the moment I watch a Youtube channel called Erins Animals and she has had loads of hamsters before and is very experienced with hamsters and looking after them. I got most of my information from her but I would love to get your opinions. Anyway I'll stop rambling now, bye! :)

cypher
11-07-2017, 01:15 AM
Hi & welcome to HC :)

It's good that you're doing lots of research before getting your new ham, if you read through the forum sections you'll find lots of useful info & if you have any specific questions just ask.

Pygmypuff
11-07-2017, 02:16 AM
Hello, welcome to Hamster Central!

It sounds like you've been doing a lot of thinking and come up with some fab ideas! As cypher says, there is a huge amount of info on this forum so have a read.

I look forward to meeting Pumpkin Seed on the 18th!

CMB
11-07-2017, 06:12 AM
Welcome. Have a look at other people’s cages/setups. It may help you choose one for your hamster. One bigger cage is better than two linked by tubes.

A new hamster may hide in the tube, store food in the tube and pee in the tube, which isn’t the best thing for them. It also makes accessing the hamster difficult.

Thin Lizzy
11-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Hi Rose and welcome to HC.

BorisPasha
11-09-2017, 09:22 AM
Hello and welcome to HC Rose :)

SimonandSyril
11-09-2017, 12:16 PM
Welcome Rose! I hope you enjoy your time on HC

Josie
11-09-2017, 03:46 PM
Hello Rose and welcome to HC

Playing at the Bridge Josie, Daisy and Clover :(

Ruth Edwards
11-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Hi Rose, have you tried looking at 2nd hand cages? And they often come with other things like toys and houses. You could save a lot of money. I had some good stuff from gumtree and freesave and hamster central too. A lot of the cages for sale on gumtree are too small so be fussy!

alpacassei
11-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Hi Rose, welcome to HC! I'm looking forward to meeting Pumpkin Seed :D

The Alaska is a good large hamster cage that's only £33 and it's 80x50cm which is a lot larger than anything you could buy in a pet shop for the same price!
Alaska Hamster Cage | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus! (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages/hamster_cages/284288)