PDA

View Full Version : Hi im new here

Samah
07-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Hello my name is samah im from syria and i own two syrian hamsters 3 to 4 weeks old , can someone tells me what gender thy are?

Drago
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
Hello and welcome to HC!

Could you possibly get some clearer photos? Hope to see you around :)

Thin Lizzy
07-05-2017, 10:44 PM
Hi Sarah and Welcome to the forum.
Hamsters aren't up for homing until at least 5 weeks old.
Are you sure about their ages?
Can't really tell the sex from the pics you posted

Samah
07-06-2017, 05:44 AM
Hello
Thankx for replying
I we'll get clearer imeg ... For there age actually i think they are 2 to 3 weeks old i bought them from a breeder how's so so young I wish i could buy all the pup's but unfortunately I don't have a place for them ....
Yesterday i took the smallest pup from him i think he's 2 weeks old :(

Samah
07-06-2017, 06:11 AM
The clear continer didn't work because they long haired and they move alot in my hand i couldn't take a picture yet .... And this a pic. For them to see there size

cypher
07-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Hi & welcome to HC :)

I can't tell gender from those photos sorry.
At 2-3 weeks they should probably still be with the mother, are you sure they're that young?

Samah
07-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Hi & welcome to HC :)

I can't tell gender from those photos sorry.
At 2-3 weeks they should probably still be with the mother, are you sure they're that young?

Unfortunately yes im sure the owner or the ( breeder) his 11 years old :( ... and I'm a pet sitter i have all of his hamsters right now the pup's in a small cage the mother in different one and she's pregnant .... The other female she have pup's with her in small cage and 4 males in a smallest cage ever i feel so bad for them i wish to buy all of them but I don't have place and he won't sell the adults I don't know what to do

FelicityAnn
07-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Are they eating and drinking OK? Usually hamster pups stay with the mother, drinking her milk, until they are 3 - 4 weeks old.

Samah
07-06-2017, 03:46 PM
They eat soft food like cheese and they try to breastfeed from each other all the time

minnieandhammy
07-06-2017, 05:09 PM
If the 4 males are adult over 6 weeks old they need a cage each of their own. Could you get some larger cages for each one and put them in it?

Ruth Edwards
07-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Hi Samah sounds like you need some urgent help finding the best food for theses tinies. There are real experts here, sadly I'm not one. You could ask you local vet as well

Ruth Edwards
07-06-2017, 05:15 PM
I read that hams need mothers milk till 3 weeks then they eat normal hamster seeds and small amounts of veg, starting with softer seeds. I'm not an expert but it sounds better than cheese. Good luck

Samah
07-06-2017, 05:50 PM
If the 4 males are adult over 6 weeks old they need a cage each of their own. Could you get some larger cages for each one and put them in it?

They way more than 6 weeks old and no i can't the cages too expensive i cant buy them right now ... And the owner going to take them in a couple days , he promised to take them to the vet and put them in separate cages ..i hop he does

Samah
07-06-2017, 05:57 PM
I read that hams need mothers milk till 3 weeks then they eat normal hamster seeds and small amounts of veg, starting with softer seeds. I'm not an expert but it sounds better than cheese. Good luck

They aet apples and mashed carrots few hours ago and they drinking water so i feel little petter now cuz they eating more food and I'm looking for more food ideas ... Wish me luck

dreamtree1234
07-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Hi and welcome to HC.