PDA

View Full Version : Freeze dried chicken

Jennie F
07-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Hi guys!

Just wondering where I can buy some freeze dried chicken? Ive looked in my local Tesco but to be honest I have no idea where it would be. I did buy some pre cooked frozen chicken chunks but i dont like feeding her that as I dont thinks its right. She will get some grilled chicken when i have some or some of the pre cooked meat in the packets when i have some too.

Anyone have any idea where to buy it from and where it is i the store (roughly) ?

Also, would chicken flavoured cat treat sticks be ok?

AmityvilleHams
07-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Freeze dried meat(or air dried,which is fine too and could even be considered equal)won't be available in a grocery store,that'd have to come from a pet store.

As far as cat treat sticks go,it does need to follow the same usual safety requirements(no unspecified biproducts such as digest,derivatives,meat and bone meal,biproduct meal,animal fat or animal liver or similarly generalized products,no artificial dyes,no artificial or unspecified preservatives including the E&C approved loophole such as BHA/BHT/ethoxyquin which are known to cause cancer,no artificial flavors,no sulfur dioxide,no propylene glycol,no artificial sweeteners or processed sugars,and no Chinese or irradiated products,and nothing with corn and or wheat that will be shared with cats or dogs although for strict hamster only usage those two are fine).

cypher
07-02-2017, 10:33 PM
I don't get to look round many pet shops so I may have missed it but I've never seen just plain freeze/air dried chicken, I get mine from zooplus. (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_treats_catnip/tigeria_cat_snacks/tigeria_sticklettis/247232) most of the so called meat cat treats I have seen in shops seem to be full of junk so check the ingredients before buying anything!