PDA

View Full Version : Been lurking for a bit, just wanting to say hello!

Bean
05-24-2017, 07:37 AM
Hi there, my name is Bean, I'm 24 and I've had pet hamsters on and off since I was about 6. In the last few years I've had a few adopted hammies (including one lovely old Chinese with only 1 eye, we called him Pirate Pete!) and one pet shop hybrid hammy that I couldn't help falling in love with; she will always be my little baby, her name was Potato. I've had mice, hamsters (all sorts), rabbits and guinea pigs in the past, but most recently 2 hamsters - a Syrian and a Russian dwarf hybrid.

I recently lost my 2 hammies within about a week, one from long-term health complications and one rather suddenly, so I am currently hamster-less and hating it. I loved learning more about how to look after them now that I have access to facebook groups and lovely forums such as this, who can recommend so many exciting toys, better cages and bigger wheels for them!

I'm hoping to get a breeder-bred Syrian soon, because the heartbreak of losing poor health hams from rescues/unknown backgrounds when I've only had them a short while has been really hard on me recently. I would love to rescue more hams in the future, though - and I'm sure I will soon!

cypher
05-24-2017, 10:12 PM
Hi Bean, welcome to HC :)

Sorry to hear about your recent losses, I hope you can find another ham soon.

Bean
05-25-2017, 05:00 AM
Thanks cypher, I've been enjoying looking at all the wonderful pictures of everyone's lovely hams so far!

BorisPasha
05-25-2017, 07:39 AM
Hello Bean and welcome to HC. Sorry to hear you lost both your hammies in the space of a week, how heartbreaking for you.

Hope you manage to find a new little furry friend soon :)

Bean
05-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Thanks BorisPasha! My little one looked just like your Boris!

jopop
05-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Hi Bean
I'm so sorry you've had a tough time of it lately. I hope you find the forum fun and useful - I certainly do

Drago
05-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Hello and welcome to HC!

So very sorry to hear about your hams :( hopefully things begin looking up for you soon enough. I'm sure you'll learn and teach a lot :)

Bean
05-25-2017, 03:12 PM
Thanks guys, it seems like a very warm and friendly community, I'm looking forward to it! :)

SKB_Hamsters
05-26-2017, 07:11 AM
Hello and Welcome to Hamster Central. I'm sorry to hear about your recent losses, it must have been very difficult losing them so close together.

Thin Lizzy
05-28-2017, 04:57 AM
Hiya Bean, welcome to the forum.
So sorry to hear of your losses.

dreamtree1234
05-28-2017, 07:38 AM
Hello and welcome to HC, Bean. I am terribly sorry to hear of your tragic losses. RIP, little, furry ones. May you find peace and adventures galore at the Rainbow Bridge. My heart goes out to you Bean, and I pray that it won't be long before you are snuggling with a new Syrian hammy again. You sound like such a loving, compassionate, and caring hammy owner, and I am sure any hammy will be so lucky be pampered in your forever home. I look forward to seeing you around the forum and meeting him/her whenever he/she is settled. Good luck finding your special, furry friend and hugs to you during this time of sadness. Eros sends a whisker kissie to you, too! :)