PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, newbie here

anet
05-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately a very poorly hamster has led me to Hamster Central, but I still want to say hi and introduce myself to everyone. I'm from Essex, and as I type have a lovely cream 14 month old Syrian hamster called Peaches. This may not be for much longer though, as she is very sick. But sadness aside I've had lots of lovely Syrian hamsters over the years, including an adorable one with three legs. I fell in love with hamsters when I got my first one at 11 (I called him Hammy, lol), but it broke my heart for the first time in my life when he died of wet tail. I cried all day and got sent home from school :(

Since then I've toughened up a bit and enjoyed my numerous little hammy buddies for the relatively short time they are with us. Thanks for all the kind words I've had already today on my other thread.

Drago
05-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Hello and welcome aboard!

Sorry it's under such sad circumstances :( Hopefully, you'll have your little one around for just a bit longer. Hope to see you around :)

Pebbles82
05-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Hello and welcome. Our first hamster was called Hammy too. Lol.

anet
05-22-2017, 09:04 AM
That is funny! My little girl has been far better at naming our hamsters than I was at her age! She's had Lettuce. Nibbles and Peaches.

cypher
05-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Hi & welcome to HC anet :)

I was sorry to read about Peaches & the troubles she's been having.

BorisPasha
05-23-2017, 03:21 AM
Hello anet and welcome to HC :)

So sorry to hear about Peaches, I hope she will be ok.

Thin Lizzy
05-23-2017, 06:29 PM
Hi anet and welcome to the forum.
Fingers crossed Peaches ok.