PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New member. :)

Sylvi
05-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Hello! I'm new here at Hamster Central, it's lovely to be here. Our house is a bit of a wild one, but I wouldn't have it any other way :mrgreen:
Besides my Syrian hamster, I have 3 smaller parrots, 2 dogs and 2 cats.

My current hamster is a female Syrian, she's a banded sable mutation. I got Calla on April 22 of this year, and she was born on March 9th! So she's just a wee one. Her litter was an accidental one and when I saw her ad on Craigslist I couldn't help but respond. Her "cage" that she grew up in, like many hamster's sadly, wasn't fit for any living creature. But now she's in a 55 gallon tank, with tons of space for her to burn off that baby hamster energy!

Despite getting my little Calla on a slightly sad note; my almost 2 year old Syrian had passed away from old age just a few days before I saw little Calla, I couldn't be happier. Giving the love you have to offer to another animal in need always in wonderful and I can't wait for all the memories I'm sure to make with this little girl! So, it's great to be here everyone! :)

souffle
05-06-2017, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Calla is a little beauty and I look forward to seeing more pics as she grows up :)

cypher
05-06-2017, 01:01 AM
Hi Sylvi, welcome to HC :)

So sorry to hear about your older syrian, it's always hard to lose them but I'm sure Calla must be a great comfort to you, look forward to hearing more about her.

Drago
05-06-2017, 04:56 AM
Hello and welcome to HC!

Sorry about your older Syrian. It's tough losing a furry friend, but remember that you offered her a good life and I'm sure she appreciates that. Congrats on little Calla! Looking forward to learning more about her :)

Sylvi
05-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Thank you for the condolences and welcomes everyone. :)
My late Kirika was a sweetheart, and was full of life and sassy even to her final days. I couldn't have asked for a better hamster and I'm grateful for the time I was blessed to have with her.
A picture of her:

And I'll include a couple more pics of sweet Calla. :)

LucyToons
05-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Hi and Welcome, it strange to think that we could fall in love with these little bundles of fluff but that's what makes it all the more special.

we never forget the pets we lose, i remember all mine (even from when I was a child, i'm 37 this month) :)

Hamsterita
05-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Hi Silvy and welcome to HC!

I love sable hamsters, I think they have my favourite kind of coat. I would love to see some photos!

Lookinf forward to know more about your baby!

Thin Lizzy
05-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Hi Silvy and Welcome to HC. Congratulations on Calla.
Sorry to hear about your syrian passing.

BorisPasha
05-08-2017, 01:17 AM
Hello Sylvi and welcome to HC, looking forward to hearing more about Calla and I'm sorry to hear your older Syrian passing.

SKB_Hamsters
05-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Hello and Welcome to Hamster Central.
I'm sorry to hear about your late Kirika.
Calla is beautiful- looking forward to hearing more about her!

Drago
05-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Kirika looks so sweet, she reminds me of a bear cub standing up like that! Calla has such a sweet and innocent face too. Looking forward to more pictures and updates :)