PDA

View Full Version : I've always dreamt of a hamster...

Burakki
05-05-2017, 05:53 AM
...and now I have one!!!
Hello everybody from Moscow where we adore hamsters as well!
A little bit over a month ago I got my precious girl Martina, or just Marti, and I love her to death. She is probably of one the most spoiled hamsters there is, but I can't stop myself from always trying to improve her life.
I have been dreaming about a hamster since I was a child, but due to my parents believing in the common myths about hamsters - that they smell, and do nothing but sleep and eat, I did not get a hamster until my birthday a month ago. Now, I realize that it was for the best, since I would have never been able to give my hamster a proper care when I was a child. Unfortunately, I did have a few small animals as a child, and they totally deserved better care. I never abused them, of course, but I now realize that my rabbit needed a bigger cage and that my chinchilla needed more patience from me. Luckily, my parents always made sure that I was still responsible for my pets and was not the kind who got bored and abandoned their pet. I did have the literature on them but then it was quite limited and not very useful.
Anyway, now that I am an adult, I finally decided to fulfill my lifelong dream of getting a hamster, but now I did a proper research beforehand and spend a lot of time online still researching for more ways to make my hammy happy. Sometimes when I see people reselling their hamsters with their tiny cages, I want to cry and take them all home. Unfortunately, I can't do it, as I would simply run out of space and money. Some day, when I'm reach, I'll buy all the poor hamsters from careless owners and give them a proper home! :)
So, I'm very happy to join this forum to keep on making my hammy's life better!
My Marti:

souffle
05-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the forum :)
Marti is beautiful and I look forward to seeing more pctures.

Drago
05-05-2017, 07:12 AM
Hello and welcome to hamster central!

Martina is a precious little one. Looking forward to learning more about her :)

Hamsterita
05-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Don't feel bad, we all made mistakes, but the important thing is try to correct them :)

Marti looks so beautiful. Looking forward to know more about her

Welcome to the forum!

BorisPasha
05-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Hello and welcome to HC. It's very nice to meet you and Marti, she looks to be a lovely girl. I know how you feel about wanting to rescue all the hamsters, I would if I could too :D

cypher
05-05-2017, 10:45 PM
Hi & welcome to HC :)
Congrats on getting your first ham, Marti looks lovely.

LucyToons
05-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Hi and welcome, Marti is very pretty :)

Thin Lizzy
05-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Hi and Welcome to HC. Congratulations on your first hamster, Marti's so very cute.

Burakki
05-12-2017, 07:03 AM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! Marti now has her thread in the Syrians section, so you can learn a bit more about her there!!!

ChocoMintAnswersSincere
05-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Marti is so cute!:D

dreamtree1234
05-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Hi and welcome to HC, Burakki and Marti! I am so happy that you were able to make your childhood dream come true and own your very first hammy. Marti is such a gorgeous hammy, and I hope that you have many lovely years together. I look forward to learning more about your special, furry gal on her personal thread.

Eros sends a furry pawshake to her new friend, Marti! :)

Burakki
05-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Hi and welcome to HC, Burakki and Marti! I am so happy that you were able to make your childhood dream come true and own your very first hammy. Marti is such a gorgeous hammy, and I hope that you have many lovely years together. I look forward to learning more about your special, furry gal on her personal thread.

Eros sends a furry pawshake to her new friend, Marti! :)

Marti is sleeping now, but I'm sure she'll send Eros a pawshake too as soon as she wakes up) Thank you for the welcome!

Burakki
05-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Marti is so cute!:D

Thanks! She is ;-)