PDA

View Full Version : New to HC

Uniceros
04-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Hi, I'm new to Hamster Central.

I just started keeping Syrian and CRD Hamsters and would like to breed and select for type, temperament, and color.

I've kept many animals in the past, and I have an undergraduate degree in biology.

I live in the Washington, D.C., area.

I've attached a photo of one of my favorite Syrians, she has a very soft long coat and a very sweet temperament.

Thin Lizzy
04-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Hi and Welcome to HC.

AprilPearl
04-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Hello! Looking forward to hearing more about your hamsters, and possibly future litters if you are breeding. Your little girl is beautiful, what is her name?

chi0
04-23-2017, 10:43 PM
hi, welcome to hc!! your syrian girl is so cute!

cypher
04-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Hi & welcome Uniceros :)

You girl looks lovely, what's her name?

BorisPasha
04-24-2017, 12:54 AM
Hello and welcome to HC Uniceros :) Your little girl looks beautiful, she has a truly gorgeous coat :)

Drago
04-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Hello and welcome to hamster central!

Looking forward to learning more about your little hamily :)

Uniceros
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
This one is named Versace!

Drago
04-24-2017, 04:26 PM
What a unique name! Is there any inspiration behind it? Noticed you live in D.C, there's a wonderful breeder in Virginia that focuses on Syrians, Zika hamstery. If you're looking for good quality breeder hams, you should check them out! You may want to look into getting a mentor as well to help you start up in the breeding world :)

Uniceros
04-24-2017, 04:50 PM
What a unique name! Is there any inspiration behind it? Noticed you live in D.C, there's a wonderful breeder in Virginia that focuses on Syrians, Zika hamstery.

I was just looking for a theme, so the four Syrians I have are Calvin, Versace, Dior, and Vera.

I did find Zika when I was initially looking around for breeders. There seem to be so few that are still active, I'm glad there is at least one nearby, even if they are several hours away.

Hamsterita
04-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Hi and welcome to HC!

It's nice to hear that there are people interested in becoming responsible breeders. I'm sure here you can find a lot of information to improve your knowledge!

dreamtree1234
04-27-2017, 08:24 PM
Welcome to HC, Uniceros! I think its great that you are interested in becoming a breeder. I love the pic of Versace. She is quite stunning and has very expressive eyes. I love you names theme. What awesome names! :)

I look forward to hearing more about you furry darlings and hope that all goes well in your plans to breed hammies. We definitely need more responsible ones.