PDA

View Full Version : Hello :D

Lavender2311
03-27-2017, 02:12 PM
Hello there,
I am Lavender2311 I have not yet been adopted by my owner but I look forward to when I am because I hate sharing with all my brothers and sisters :mad:. I have not yet been adopted but I will be in 6 weeks when I am old enough but until then its over to my owner *Squeek Squeek*

Hello, I am going to be looking for help when I get my new Syrian and i want to give it the life it deserves. Would anyone be able to link cages that are big and the bars at the front lift up like the Rosewood Eco Pico Cage? I wont be getting that one because it is far to small for my Lavender when I collect her <3

Would anyone also be able to give me good places to buy things for my hamster online, not PetsAtHome thanks :D

cypher
03-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Hi Lavender, welcome to HC :)

Not many cages have bars that lift up at the front, if you want a cage with a large front door then about the only options are the Hamster Heaven & the Savic Plaza, (https://www.zoo-bio.co.uk/savic/22085-hamster-plaza-knock-down) popular cages are the Barney, Alaska & Alexander which you'll find at zooplus (http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/hutches_cages/hamster_cages).

Drago
03-28-2017, 03:04 AM
Hello and welcome to hamster central!

Amazon is an excellent place to get some really nice toys. Zooplus also has really nice things if you're able to order from there. Definitely make sure to ask any questions you may have, this is a wonderful community of people who would be more than happy to help :)

Lavender2311
03-28-2017, 04:10 AM
Hello and welcome to hamster central!

Amazon is an excellent place to get some really nice toys. Zooplus also has really nice things if you're able to order from there. Definitely make sure to ask any questions you may have, this is a wonderful community of people who would be more than happy to help :)

Thanks, I will definitley be on here even more, I just signed up yesterday, do you have any tips for when I get Lavender and what to give her, shall I set the cage up for her coming or before she arrives?

JLPrairie
03-30-2017, 11:06 AM
It's a good idea to set up the cage before she arrives. This way she would spend the least amount of time in her travel container. Have food, water, bedding, nesting material, hideaways and toys ready for her arrival in the cage.

dreamtree1234
03-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Welcome to HC, Lavender! Congrats on getting your Syrian sweetheart soon! I look forward to seeing pics of your little one whenever it is fully settled into its loving, forever home.

I definitely believe that you should get the cage and all the essentials ready prior to taking your furball home. It will make things much less stressful for your hammie since just the travelling, change of home, and absence from its litter mates can be stressful enough.

Once home, please take the taming process very slowly. Give the little one time to settle in. Don't try to do too much physical interaction for approximately a week. During that time, use the tissue trick so it can get used to your scent and talk to it softly several times a day (even if you can't see him because it is hiding in its nest) so it can become more secure in your presence. After that, try to put your hand in its cage and gently offer it some treats, but don't feel bad if it won't eat from your hand right away. That sometimes takes a bit of time depending on the comfort level and personality of your hammie. If it doesn't take the treat like that at first, just place it in the cage and try it again later. Taming a process - let the hammy determine the timing of each step. The next step is to try to use a container or your hand (depending on your hammy's preference) to gently encourage the hammy to come out for some outside of the cage time with you. Many have used the bathtub as the perfect place for this excursion. Don't get too concerned if sometimes the taming process is a one step forward, two steps back process. That happens at times, too.

Have a wonderful time, and good luck with everything! Eros and I are so excited for you both!