PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while

EmmaAndChester
03-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Hey :) Long time, no see haha. I used to be a regular on hamster forums, but alas, found most of the ones I've been active on discouraging and only heading backwards.

So here I am, looking to start fresh and delve back into the hamster community after a many-month long hiatus. I haven't been on this forum in easily almost 2 years, so figured it's best to re-introduce myself. :)

I'm Emma, I'm 19, and I'm a 2nd year Bioveterinary student. My passions are mainly animal welfare, behaviour, and nutrition so they're likely the topics I can help out on. I have 4 hamkiddos of my own - Keiko (syrian), Moscow (WW), Siggi (Chinese) & Nala (roborovski) - in addition to the rest of my crazy gang (3 buns, 5 guineas, 2 cats and a pup). I'm a north Dub at heart, though currently living in the good ol' midlands while I attend uni, but come home on the weekends to visit the floofs for my weekly dose of cuddles.

But er yep. That's me - if life doesn't get too hectic, I hope to see you around!

~Em

woowwwww haha - i had a photo attached, but yeah... way too big. Lemme go ahead and resize that

A n s o n
03-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Hey there Emma!

BorisPasha
03-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Hello and welcome to HC, it sounds like you have lots of lovely floofs :)

Drago
03-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Hello and welcome back! Hope you have much better experiences from now on :)

Cinnamon Bear
03-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Welcome to you and your furry family :)

Pebbles82
03-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Hello again :-) I remember your lovely dwarf set up in the Barney cage!

EmmaAndChester
03-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Cheers everyone - & here's to hoping I have a better experience. Third time lucky, am I right? ;)

Hello again :-) I remember your lovely dwarf set up in the Barney cage!

Hey! & yeah I don't have those dwarfies anymore. Unfortunately lost the last of my original three dwarfs (from when I was a member here) just there the other week - he was 2 years & 8 months though, so he had a good life. Still sucks to lose them all the same.

The barney is set up for my Chinesey boy, Siggi, now. I'll post it again one of the days - I plan on expanding the base of it next month, so will post it then when it's properly set up! :D

____

Man I wish I was technical ahaha. Trying to figure out how to multi-quote compared to the other forums I've been on is like trying to cross a mine field to me ](*,) I'll figure it out - eventually haha

Here's my little floofs though - if it stretches the screen, I'll remove it. Bear with me, i'll get my head around how this forum works eventually :grin:

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah66/Emmaolo/IMG_4321_zpsjfwqsiuz.jpg (http://s1377.photobucket.com/user/Emmaolo/media/IMG_4321_zpsjfwqsiuz.jpg.html)

Wowwww that image is insanely large haha. Anyways, those are the little floofs who have made it their mission to drain my bank account. But worth every penny!

Drago
03-06-2017, 04:50 PM
What cute little ones! I especially love the bottom two pictures. Your Syrian looks so surprised :)

chesca_27
03-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Hi! Welcome back to HC! I think you were active before I joined so unfortunately I don't know you, but I like the sound of your hamily! I love guinea pigs as well and have a bonded pair of boars! I wish I had five! Your hamsters are very cute :). I can't wait to hear more about them and see more photons :)!

To multi quote, tap the "+" button on the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote. It should turn red. Then press quote on the last post you would like to quote. Don't worry, it took me weeks to figure out how to add a signature and avatar ;)!

EmmaAndChester
03-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Hi! Welcome back to HC! I think you were active before I joined so unfortunately I don't know you, but I like the sound of your hamily! I love guinea pigs as well and have a bonded pair of boars! I wish I had five! Your hamsters are very cute :). I can't wait to hear more about them and see more photons :)!

To multi quote, tap the "+" button on the bottom right corner of each post you want to quote. It should turn red. Then press quote on the last post you would like to quote. Don't worry, it took me weeks to figure out how to add a signature and avatar ;)!

Thanks! & Yeah, I wasn't that active on here to begin with - I was fairly active on another forum up until last year for around 3 years or so, but I think a change of scenery at this stage is well needed and I'm interested in giving this forum another shot. So no worries if you don't know me aha - I don't know anyone on here either (except for maybe a handful that i recognise from elsewhere)! :)
& my pigs are boys too! 5 of them live together - Loki, Napoleon, Zeus, Apollo & Memphis, and get on surprisingly well seeing how boars can often be tedious (& despite that only two of them are actually related - the others were introduced at different times). They're a handful sometimes, but I adore them - guineas will always have a special place in my heart, I haven't been without one since I got my first years ago!

but ah cheers! Got it - I tried pressing the little "+" thing originally, then second guessed it and didnt know what the heck I was doing. Just realised there that if i hover over it, it tells me that its for multi-quoting hahah whoops ](*,)

chesca_27
03-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Oh wow! Five boars living together? They must have a gigantic enclosure :)! I love their names. Piggies are firmly in my heart too - I got my first pair of boars in 2011 and I still have one of them. He is an absolute sweetie and knows how to get what he wants. My other boar isn't as cuddly but is a nosy little fluffy thing. I think it's because he's a rescue who's set in his ways.

At least you know now!

cypher
03-06-2017, 11:53 PM
Welcome back to HC :)

All your floofs are adorable! Look forward to seeing more of them.

Pebbles82
03-07-2017, 01:42 AM
I have never known how to multiquote lol. Still don't. But as I get verbal diarrhoea on paper I just address everyone's comments personally lol.

velma
03-07-2017, 02:27 AM
I have never known how to multiquote lol. Still don't. But as I get verbal diarrhoea on paper I just address everyone's comments personally lol.

I see Chesca's beat me to it but multiquotes are easy once you know how and make it a lot easier to follow a thread :) but for anyone that missed it, Next to the quote option button is a little + sign - click the + sign for every one you want to quote and then when all the one's you want are selected then click the quote button The reply box will open with all the quotes in there.

May I also suggest if anyone is using a quote option, single or multi, that they take out the bulk of the text when they are in the reply box so on,y the but that's relevant will appear, otherwise it makes it hard to read the forum.

EmmaAndChester - If you're using something like Photobucket or similar, there is usually an option to resize your photos there under edit. Welcome back.

Cinnamon Bear
03-07-2017, 04:48 AM
I'm going with the various species myself, except I have more than one of each species.
They all looks so tame and well adjusted. Look forward to hearing more about you. I was also on another forum before here and didn't have a great experience. I think I talked to you about the platinum color gene before if that sounds familiar to you or not?

EmmaAndChester
03-07-2017, 05:05 AM
thanks everyone - feels nice to be back in hamster community again. I haven't been active in it since last year, so I'm excited to get back into the swing of things! haha

May I also suggest if anyone is using a quote option, single or multi, that they take out the bulk of the text when they are in the reply box so on,y the but that's relevant will appear, otherwise it makes it hard to read the forum.

EmmaAndChester - If you're using something like Photobucket or similar, there is usually an option to resize your photos there under edit. Welcome back.

Thanks Velma! Got it - I'll try to remember chopping quotes up to only include the part I'm replying to when quoting someone. I can see how it'd be a pain to quote the entire message, it'll just take me a while to adjust to since on other forums I've been on, it was kinda standard to just quote the entire thing.
With regards to resizing images; I'll try photo bucket again. Usually I have awful luck with the quality going to the dogs, but that's probably just me not resizing it correctly. I'll try it later!

I'm going with the various species myself, except I have more than one of each species.
They all looks so tame and well adjusted. Look forward to hearing more about you. I was also on another forum before here and didn't have a great experience. I think I talked to you about the platinum color gene before if that sounds familiar to you or not?

Yeah the multi-species thing isn't intentional haha. I adopted Keiko & Nala - Keiko was an unwanted present & their family got a new kitten, so I adopted him back in September last year, and I adopted Nala through a member on HH who had an accidental litter. So what species I own mainly depends on what's available to adopt! but yep, they're all sweethearts - even my chinesey loves his cuddles!

& yes! I remember you now - the platinum gene rings a bell, as my two campbell boys were platinums. :)

Pebbles82
03-07-2017, 05:57 AM
What do you use if not Photobucket Emma? Because I have problems with it sometimes too and your photos were lovely and clear.

SKB_Hamsters
03-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Hello and Welcome Back to HC. All 4 of your hamster are adorable - lovely photos of Keiko and Moscow!

JLPrairie
03-07-2017, 07:06 PM
O.M.G.
Your dwarfies are too cute to be hamsterly possible.

Josie
03-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Hello and Welcome Back to HC, lovely photos of your hamsters look forward to seeing more of them :)