PDA

View Full Version : As good as a new hamster owner

dimes
02-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm from Singapore and I've recently adopted my first hamster in many, many years. I don't even remember the age at which I last owned hamsters, and I don't recall being very invested in them beyond a kid's curiosity and attraction to cuteness, so I consider myself a complete beginner in hamster care.

I'm a pharmacist, but I recently quit to do a Master's in English Literature. It's a crazy move but one I really wanted to do for my own sake. Unsurprisingly, one of my biggest hobbies is reading. I currently have about 400+ books on my bookshelf and more than half of these are not read. I'm quite a book hoarder. Other hobbies I enjoy are bullet journaling, calligraphy, and I've also tried to pick up drawing and cooking recently!

I'm very happy to be here and look forward to lurking around. :)

Drago
02-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Hello and welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll love this forum as there's lots of interesting threads to be read through. You sound like you have lots of intriguing hobbies! You may be a beginner in ham care now, but soon you'll find, you learn a lot!

Hamsterita
02-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi!

You came to the right place to learn a lot about hams. I'm a beginner myself and I'm learning a lot.

I also enjoy cooking, maybe we can share some recipes and learn about different foods from different cultures hehehe ;)

Welcome to HC!

dimes
02-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Hello and welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll love this forum as there's lots of interesting threads to be read through. You sound like you have lots of intriguing hobbies! You may be a beginner in ham care now, but soon you'll find, you learn a lot!

Thank you!! Yes, every time I google some hamster question or other, this is one of the forums that I always seem to get directed to. I'm excited to read all the threads on here!

Hi!

You came to the right place to learn a lot about hams. I'm a beginner myself and I'm learning a lot.

I also enjoy cooking, maybe we can share some recipes and learn about different foods from different cultures hehehe ;)

Welcome to HC!

Hello! Thank you for your welcome. :) That's great!! I'd love to learn more recipes from you, but I have limited ones to teach since I'm only starting out myself. Right now, the only dish I am more or less confident of is bacon aglio olio, hahaha! I'd be excited to learn from you though!

SweetPeaHammy
02-13-2017, 12:55 AM
Hello and welcome! You're hobbies sound great, I bet they keep you very busy