PDA

View Full Version : random chirping

Greed_Demon
02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Just got a new hamster yesterday and she sometimes makes these chirping sounds when she is digging around in her bedding. She does this while bobbing in and out of it like crazy. What does this mean?

Drago
02-11-2017, 01:59 PM
What exactly does this "chirping" sound like? Hamsters often sniff and cluck softly as they dig about in their bedding. I wouldn't worry yourself too much over it unless other symptoms such as sneezing, wheezing, and runny noses occur

cypher
02-12-2017, 01:01 AM
If she's chirping rather than sneezing or wheezing then she's probably just happy & enjoying herself! Some hams can be quite vocal while others are silent so it doesn't sound like a cause for concern if that's all she's doing.

Goldie Flower
02-12-2017, 04:16 AM
My hams make soft chirping noises when they're happy, usually when they're out for playtime and have a treat! As Drago and Cypher said I wouldn't worry if there isn't sneezing or a wheezing noise when they're breathing. Sounds like you have a very happy and very vocal ham :)

dimes
02-14-2017, 04:02 AM
My hamster seems to chirp when he's digging around in his sand bath as well. He occasionally makes a faint sound which sounds like sneezing but I'm not 100% sure - he doesn't have runny nose or any other symptom of a cold though. I'd say the chirping is normal though!