PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Hamster breeders in the UK?

Lilac_Dreams
12-26-2016, 07:02 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for Chinese Hamster breeders in the UK?

My female Chinese Ham is getting old now and I can't bear to be without a Chinese Hammy. I used to get them from Pet shops, but now I don't really want to and would rather go to a breeder, especially seems I'd want to show this Chinese Hamster.

I have already found Vectis, Doric and Metallica. But wondered if there was anyone else I could look into next year?

souffle
12-26-2016, 07:42 AM
Lilliput Hamstery also breed Chinese.

flowerfairy
12-26-2016, 09:57 AM
I got my two lovely healthy roborovskis from Lilliput hamstery (via a show and a breeder of syrians who kindly picked them up for me). They are really well regarded.

Lilac_Dreams
12-26-2016, 10:26 AM
I thought Lilliput only bred Syrians, good to know she breeds Chinese. How exactly would I contact her? I can't find a website :(

souffle
12-26-2016, 10:35 AM
You would need to contact Lilliput either at a show or by asking the Midland or Southern Secretaries for a contact email.

Lilac_Dreams
12-26-2016, 10:45 AM
You would need to contact Lilliput either at a show or by asking the Midland or Southern Secretaries for a contact email.

Thank you, Souffle! :) I plan to go to the Bath show in Feb so hopefully she may be there!

Fluffagrams
12-26-2016, 10:52 AM
I've had hamsters from Vectis and Lilliput and both are really lovely hamsters who have done reasonably well in showing.

As well as the more experienced breeders like Vectis, Lilliput and Doric, there is also Willow Tree Hamstery and Oblivion Hamstery who have had some lovely hams too.

Lilac_Dreams
12-26-2016, 11:01 AM
I've had hamsters from Vectis and Lilliput and both are really lovely hamsters who have done reasonably well in showing.

As well as the more experienced breeders like Vectis, Lilliput and Doric, there is also Willow Tree Hamstery and Oblivion Hamstery who have had some lovely hams too.

Thank you, Fluffagrams :) Will add Willow Tree and Oblivion to my list.