PDA

View Full Version : Daisy is getting there

i-love-paddy
11-20-2005, 06:51 AM
I took Daisy back to the vets-finally. She now weighs 120g so has put on quite a lot of weight. She also seems better in herself. The vet gave her a good examination and her belly is no longer swollen. She is on Baytril again for another 10 days just to be 100% sure the infection has gone. I have to keep an eye on her because womb infections can come back.

I'm so glad she doesn't have to go through an operation.

flogging_molly
11-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Thats wonderful Ems, I'm so glad she is improving and I'm betting that all the members here will be wishing her a speedy recovery.

pophammy
11-20-2005, 09:00 AM
That is great news! I hope she gets better quickly.

souffle
11-20-2005, 12:00 PM
I am so pleased for her. That's great about the weight gain so she must be feeling so much better in herself. I always weigh our hams at least once a fortnight as with the womb infection in females it always seems to be the first sign and as you have shown, prompt treatment has done the trick and you still have your little friend.

babyboos
11-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Great news Emma I am so glad too that an operation doesn't seem necessary. Well done to you for acting so quickly, you really made all the difference with your speedy reaction I am sure. Did the vet say anything about breeding with her again the future?

i-love-paddy
11-21-2005, 02:41 AM
i didnt ask to be honest. I wouldnt breed Daisy again-shes been through enough bless her.

Thanks for all your kind comments-it means a lot

Emma
11-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Brilliant news - I agree that I wouldn't breed her again though.

Fingers crossed that she keeps well after she comes off the antibiotics.

babyboos
11-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Best not too in case it brings on another bout, just curious as to whether this was mentioned. Are you giving her any prebiotuics to help rebalance her good bacteria levels after such a thorough course of Baytril. I would recommend getting some AviPro Plus, and you can use it with your new babies too, both those you breed and bring into the hamstery.

nooboo
11-21-2005, 11:35 AM
it's great to hear that she is on the mend, it must be such a relief to you!

I know you will keep us updated on her and how she does, I hope there will be some great pictures soon of her, she is one lucky hamster to have your care and devotion