PDA

View Full Version : New tank! Thoughts?

Wakeupromance
12-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Hi there, just got my syrian Alice on her new tank, is a 100x50x50cm. The bedding is hugro hemp and I made a corner with chinchilla sand. Most of the decor is from rodipet. She's been exploring and running on her wheel since I put her there, is a good sign right? What do you think about it?

AmityvilleHams
12-07-2016, 04:40 PM
It looks really nice!Just keep an eye out for odd repetitive behaviors,these may not set in for a few days or even a week so don't just assume because it works for a short period of time they won't show up.Things like corner digging,pacing,etc can be good indicators of poor setup and or improper cage size,so do keep that in mind :) Hopefully it works out really well for your hamster though!

Pebbles82
12-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Oh wow it looks amazing :-) I'm sure she will love it. If you wanted any suggestions I would only suggest adding a little bit more substrate depth maybe, and maybe adding a platform or a few more things on the left side.

huri ur
12-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Wow cool ! I have a tank too
What's the size of your cage in inches
And how many gallons is it

Wakeupromance
12-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh wow it looks amazing :-) I'm sure she will love it. If you wanted any suggestions I would only suggest adding a little bit more substrate depth maybe, and maybe adding a platform or a few more things on the left side.
I'm trying this substrate I used to have corn cob so I've ordered only 2bags but the idea is to give her more depth even though she doesn't dig a lot she's more of a climber. I'm still waiting on an order from viovet for some more toys (I think I got a bit carried away :mad: )

Wow cool ! I have a tank too
What's the size of your cage in inches
And how many gallons is it
It's approximately 40x20x20 inches, in gallons I have no idea..

Pebbles82
12-08-2016, 03:48 AM
I think it's bigger than a 40 gallon breeder tank which is about 90cm by 45cm as yours is 100cm by 50cm :-) It's a good size and nice and deep.

Goldie Flower
12-08-2016, 10:45 AM
That set-up looks lovely :) I'm sure she'll love having lots of fun in there.