PDA

View Full Version : Tolerates handling but does he like it?

xFluffyHamsterx
10-29-2016, 03:53 PM
Hi guys. As you probably know it took me about 6 months to tame my hamster, and currently he happily walks onto my hand daily. However, he never stays still and is desperate to go to his play pen. (My other hamster also a syrian is very hyper, more hyper than Hammie). So lately I've taken him out for his play and put him back in and then about an hour or so i take him out and hold him on my lap. I can hold and stroke him but he just won't sit still and always tries to escape! The longest ive held him for was 10 seconds. Does he *tolerate* being handled, or does he just not like it/or just not used to it? Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks!

**tonight I did ^^ that and he got very hyper and now he's bar chewing...!

cypher
10-29-2016, 11:56 PM
It does sound as though he's not enjoying being handled too much, it could be that he would rather just be doing more active things or it could be that he's not used to it enough to be comfortable with it yet.
I would persevere with just short periods so he's comfortable enough for you to handle him when you need to for things like health checks etc even though he may never be the cuddly/petting type.