PDA

View Full Version : Hiya, getting my Syrian soon!

XMarye_T
10-20-2016, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone! I'm a 22 year old girl from the Netherlands and I'm planning to get a Syrian hamster soon. I'm going to build my own bin cage and I've already made him a DIY hideout! I can't wait! Any tips about Syrians or hamsters in general? I've never had a hamster before, so besides my own research any tips/advice is welcome haha! Thanks :D

MeganAndMisty
10-21-2016, 04:54 AM
Hello, welcome to hc! I'm probably not the best person to give advice since my Syrian is the moodiest little thing. �� I'd love to see some pictures of your hamster when you get them, have you decided what gender you're getting?

cypher
10-21-2016, 05:41 AM
Hi & congrats on your soon to be hamster!

If you just browse around the different forum sections you'll find lots of useful tips & helpful info, if you have any questions or aren't sure about something just ask.

Cinnamon Bear
10-21-2016, 08:25 AM
Glad your having fun preparing for your new hamster. Looking forward to pics and hearing more about him/her. Try to put your hand in the tank and pic the one who comes up to you first & the one who is most interested in you. & that is energetic. That's how I usually pick out my pets and when I don't do this I get a hamster that hides all the time. Have fun with your new fluff.

huri ur
10-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Syrians are the best I have a Syrian hamster
Peanut she's super cute

Thin Lizzy
10-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Hi and Welcome and congratulations on your hammy which you're getting soon.

Josie
10-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Hello and welcome to HC look forward to pics and hearing more about your new hammie :D

XMarye_T
10-27-2016, 05:33 AM
Hello, welcome to hc! I'm probably not the best person to give advice since my Syrian is the moodiest little thing. �� I'd love to see some pictures of your hamster when you get them, have you decided what gender you're getting?

Thank you! I will post loads of picture once my hamster has come home ^^ However I haven't decided on a gender, I just want a hamster that is happy to see me haha :D Doesn't matter if it's male of female.
Do you have a picture of your Syrian? :D

XMarye_T
10-27-2016, 05:35 AM
Glad your having fun preparing for your new hamster. Looking forward to pics and hearing more about him/her. Try to put your hand in the tank and pic the one who comes up to you first & the one who is most interested in you. & that is energetic. That's how I usually pick out my pets and when I don't do this I get a hamster that hides all the time. Have fun with your new fluff.

Aww thanks so much for your tips! I'm currently looking for a place to get a hamster, since the animal shelter doesn't keep hamsters, but once I've found a place I will for sure keep this in mind!