PDA

View Full Version : Rupert

barley
10-16-2016, 05:28 AM
My little man is off to the vets at 2.35 and I don't think he will be coming back :(

He's been drinking tonnes lately and loosing weight & his fur. He had a week of Baytrill from our vet and it hasn't really done anything. This afternoon I've gone to clean him out and he has a huge sudden open sore on his chest & leg :(
http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r433/starsandstripes92/12A848C9-17F1-4BDC-A641-635ABD21D9D3_zpsrx2wae8o.jpg

flowerfairy
10-16-2016, 05:47 AM
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. I do hope that the vet can help, or that his passing is quick and painless.

Coco61
10-16-2016, 06:24 AM
Barley I am so very sorry about Rupert. The symptoms do not sound good. My vet visit with Mocho is tomorrow but I am more hopeful that his meds have been helping.
Let us know how it goes. You will know what is best for your little man.

cypher
10-16-2016, 06:27 AM
I'm so sorry barley, it really doesn't sound good for your little man, I do hope the vet can help but as Coco said you'll know what's best for him.
Be thinking of you.

barley
10-16-2016, 07:54 AM
He's been put to sleep :( vet said it could be cushings or lymphoma but there was no way to tell for sure... said we could have given another week of baytril and metacam too but as he wasn't very handable and got very stressed whenever I tried to do so, it was probably best not to treat for something that they didn't know would even work. He was an older hammy too, 2 yrs 2 mths. Even though he wasn't the friendliest of hams I'll really miss the little guy, he was my first hammy for many years and really got me back into loving them again. He'll be very much missed :( Sleep tight Rupert Bear xxx