PDA

View Full Version : Hellooo!

RachyKB
10-13-2016, 06:57 PM
Just a little introduction about me and my new fuzzy friend, Gerald.

Gerald is my first hamster. I did a LOT of research before adopting him, and he seems like a happy, healthy, friendly soul. He was adopted from my local petshop here in the UK - adopted rather than bought, although there was no information about him so the theory is that he was classed as "too old to sell". That said, he got used to being handled very quickly and we're now firm friends. He nipped a little on the second day but I think this was the smell of pizza...He's a Syrian hamster and just gorgeous!

He's in a bin cage and I'm making extra levels and toys out of lollipop sticks which is great fun! His favourite toy is some hanging sticks/wooden balls although he destroys it every day and I'm constantly having to re-thread it. He also likes to knock over his water bottle so I'm having to rethink the DIY water bottle holder. He loves to climb up his ladder, run on his wheel, and be high up in his cage. I think he's planning his escape so there's a lot of "easy there, Shawshank!" when I let him out. He's so nosey!

As for me, I'm 30 and about to finish uni...again! I'm a perpetual student! I wanted a hamster for years before I finally got Gerald. I can have quite bad depressed periods but Gerald lifts my mood. I also keep goldfish but I've had a bad run of luck recently (underlying genetic issues, the heat of summer and a tragic accident involving a filter included), so I'm moving on from fishies to fuzzies!

velma
10-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Welcome to HC and hello Gerald!

cypher
10-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Welcome to HC & congrats on getting your lovely boy, Gerald looks adorable & sounds like a great little friend :)

badwolf
10-15-2016, 01:16 AM
He looks so thoughtful there :) A right expressive wee face!

Thin Lizzy
10-15-2016, 04:58 AM
Hi and Welcome to HC. Congratulations on your first hamster Gerald who has a very expressive face and very cute.

pinkneon
10-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Hello, welcome to you and Gerald. He looks a little grumpy there LOL

Abi5sos1d
10-15-2016, 09:59 AM
What a handsome little man! Welcome to HC
P.s my little princess Peanut says hello!

balrogna
10-16-2016, 01:31 PM
Congratulations on Gerald! His ears are just adorable ☺️ And welcome to Hamster Central, I think you'll enjoy your time here!

Josie
10-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Hello and welcome to HC, love the photo of Gerald, he is very cute :cool: