PDA

View Full Version : hello from Tennessee

DesertWalker
10-11-2016, 08:21 PM
I have not gotten any hamsters yet. I'm making sure I can afford it. seems a bit cheaper then pet rats cage wise. I'm not sure what to do cage wise or witch one to buy hamster wise. I live in a small apartment and I don't have a tone of space. i'm leaning towards Syrian.

I play ukulele write a bit, I play old school video games. I also a photographer.

AmityvilleHams
10-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Rat cages can be just as cheap if not cheaper than Syrian cages!Have you considered a DIY rat cage instead of buying one?There are lots of DIY cage options for all sorts of small pets,but one idea which is especially useful for rats is making a C&C cage.You could probably make a DIY rat cage that way for under $50,while a DIY hamster cage can cost upwards of $100 and will take up a lot more space :)

DesertWalker
10-12-2016, 05:54 PM
Rat cages can be just as cheap if not cheaper than Syrian cages!Have you considered a DIY rat cage instead of buying one?There are lots of DIY cage options for all sorts of small pets,but one idea which is especially useful for rats is making a C&C cage.You could probably make a DIY rat cage that way for under $50,while a DIY hamster cage can cost upwards of $100 and will take up a lot more space :)

right now i'm not sure if i'll get one yet. i'm on the fence.

Thin Lizzy
10-13-2016, 12:17 AM
Hi and Welcome to HC.
I use rat cages and got mine from P@H for £70.

CMB
10-13-2016, 11:41 AM
A Syrian cage would usually cost less than a rat cage as rats need a much bigger cage than hamsters. Hamsters don't need tall cages as they often climb up then drop down, which causes injury. Rats are better at going up and down. They can jump and if they fall they naturally flip in the air to land on their feet.

Which country do you live in? It will help others to be able to suggest suitable cages.