PDA

View Full Version : Cute things your hamster does?

HenryHazelHammies
10-01-2016, 03:30 PM
We all know the world of fluffy blobs with faces and bulging cheeks. I just thought I'd post this because I need something to awww about. What are some cute/silly things your hamster does?

My hamster, Pecan, puts some of his food in his wheel before he runs, all the time, just so it makes rattles and clanks as he runs. I've learned to tolerate it.

He goes mad over his food in the mornings and in his rush to get to his bowl, he often flips it over and scatters seeds and grains all over his head. Then he tries to eat it off his own head like a dogs chasing its tail.

Lastly, he doesn't understand that when I hold him, he shouldn't walk over the edge of my palm. When he does, I need to hurry and place by other hand under him so he doesn't fall. He did once, but he fell on his substrate and recovered quickly. It was rather magnificent.

So what cute things do your fluffy blobs with faces do?

pinkneon
10-01-2016, 03:48 PM
My "fluffy blob with a face" (great name!) also does the food in the wheel thing ... VERY annoying but cute lol. He also makes adorable "PLEASE?!" faces. He runs round like a loony when he's given a walnut, and will often sit in his Sputnik to supervize me! He likes to pose for the camera too!

Here's the "PLEASE?!" face!
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p280x280/14522732_10157681953585347_927238955338538952_n.jp g?oh=ab52f56fa3b0c9758e06c2565b9cdbec&oe=587E4D59

Juliebrei
10-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Romeo holds my finger while he eats, zelda sleeps under the toilet and thinks her wooden wheel is a chew toy. Sometimes she also thinks her toilet is a chew toy, it's plastic, so not so funny. But still a bit cute. A not so cute habit of hers is to pee on whoever is holding her within 5-10 minutes of being taken out. Hilarious if you're not on the receiving end ;-) stumbled upon some pictures, while looking for Romeos finger holding. The other day we caught zelda "cleaning out" all her droppings from her house… weird. And her cutest habit is without a doubt sleeping with the head out of her house :-D

Winterjay
10-02-2016, 09:48 AM
My WW Thistle likes to spontaneously leap from your hand and go through a juggling act while we try to not drop her (all attempts have been successful, so far...). She also like to hide underneath my dads beard :)

My gerbil Henry likes to sleep on his back with his back paws in the air and his front ones tucked on his chest. Freaked me out first time he did it...though. Now its adorable :D

flowerfairy
10-02-2016, 10:45 AM
Arun my fluffy cream syrian boy sits up on his hind legs gazing at me with his front paws in the begging position ... so gorgeous.

Fluffy chocolate syrian boy Gopal will sit and stare at me for ages with his deep black eyes ...

Either of the roborovski sisters, Flower and Fairy just have to appear above thir forage for my heart to completely melt at tneir cuteness.

Kashi my smooth chocolate syrian girl loves to spider ham her way round her cage hoping for yummies. If i hand he an evening primrose oil capsule she grabs it with great enthusiasm bites it and licks out the oil. All within a few seconds!

Woodstock my white fluffy boy syrian with shining red eyes adores his porridge. I love to watch him eating it with his eyes half closed in bliss.

Loving this thread

Cinnamon Bear
10-02-2016, 12:12 PM
My robo Latte runs back and forth when I talk to her. When I lay my hand flat in her cage, she comes exploring for treats and when she doesn't find food, she's off to other things

My robo Maddi builds creative nests. Right now there is paper towel tube under a Petco ladder and she has bedding all fluffed up at the end of the tube in the corner of her cage

Chloe has her lab blocks in every corner of her cage to eat from
Lately she has spent every waking moment either eating or chewing her bendy bridge for days now. I don't know why she likes to do this? Hmm

Izzy likes to beg for food and she knows its feeding time. I feed her both lab blocks and seeds. When she wants seeds, she'll let me know. She's also very protective of her wheel.

Ariana, I just woke her up and relocated her to a bin to interact. So at first she bit but it was strange after a few moments the biting stopped. She sat in my hand and tried to climb my sweater. So at 24 gm it looks like she will make a nice pet. She weighs less than my robos right now :)

So I guess I'd have to say that Ariana cuteness surprised me with her biting hard then moved to no biting, even tempting fingers in her path. Also, is strange how she does not like Sunflower seeds at all. She likes meal worms tho

Rads
10-02-2016, 01:23 PM
When ever I open Pip's treat box she stops wheat ever she is doing and rushes over to the end of her cage to supervise me getting out some treats for her.
When she wants to come out Pip goes and stands under neath her ball which I keep on top of her cage.
Pip will quite often come when she is called when in her ball and will follow me about the house..

xFluffyHamsterx
10-06-2016, 02:44 PM
When my hammy poops on his platform, he picks it up and throws it down the stairs! Quite easy to spot clean!

He also sits on the stairs and waits for play time!

Fluffagrams
10-07-2016, 01:32 AM
All of mine are very good at begging for treats although Jessie in particular seems to have a treat radar and just seems to know if I'm topping up the treat box.

The funniest thing I see from any of mine is from Jessie. She is quite the little house keeper and has often submerged her wheel and even the level in her cage with housekeeping. She often looks up at me if she wants me to clear her wheel but often fills it back up again fairly quickly.

Here's a photo of Jessie's handiwork:

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j383/fluffagramshamsters/8e48d9e9-cdcf-442d-9dd8-eecfe9e0703b_zpsadldvojz.jpg

flowerfairy
10-07-2016, 09:19 AM
When ever I open Pip's treat box she stops wheat ever she is doing and rushes over to the end of her cage to supervise me getting out some treats for her.
When she wants to come out Pip goes and stands under neath her ball which I keep on top of her cage.
Pip will quite often come when she is called when in her ball and will follow me about the house..

She sounds really bright. Going to order a ball for Kashi (my female syrian) as I think she will appreciate it.

Aisling and hamster
10-07-2016, 11:30 AM
My hamster Nightlock will climb up onto his special rock and waits for me to pick him up its so cute.

flowerfairy
10-08-2016, 11:09 AM
My hamster Nightlock will climb up onto his special rock and waits for me to pick him up its so cute.

How lovely for you.

Lala Noma
10-08-2016, 12:41 PM
My pizca does not want to walk on my sister's hand. She just turn around and come with me again. Yeah, maybe I'm a little selfish, but I love when she does that!

caitlinr222
10-09-2016, 08:35 AM
My hamster, Aspen, when he was little used to refuse to sleep in any hideaways so instead he would dig underneath his bedding. Him being a long haired, he would always be covered in aspen shavings when he resurfaced. That's actually how I got him his name. It's a shame he doesn't do it anymore, it really used to make me laugh. Now his favorite habit is to smile at me when I pick him up. He always shows his teeth but not in a menacing way. I guess he just knows that Mom smiles when he makes her happy, so he smiles back :D