PDA

View Full Version : New member in Florida

Jsdavenport
09-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I used to be active in breeding, rescue and teaching about hammies and other pocket pets, but ended up getting out of them for a decade or so.

Now I've moved to central Florida and decided I missed my hammies too much, so I'm starting up again. It's been difficult--hamsters don't seem to be popular here, and I've had difficulties finding good lines.

Right now I have three geriatric rats and about 30+ Siberian dwarfs. (I'm not sure of the right number, because one female is on the nest and another has a little runt left over that may or may not make it.)

I'm breeding now strictly for temperament. I've got one line going that's fascinating. The adults are aggressive and hyper-vigilant, a trait that's carrying on to some--but not all--of their pups. But my other lines are calm and docile.

I'm excited about talking to other hammie lovers and looking forward to learning more.

Thin Lizzy
10-01-2016, 05:38 AM
Hiya and Welcome to HC. That's quite an amount you have. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

cypher
10-01-2016, 06:05 AM
Hi & welcome to the forum :)

Look forward to hearing more about your ham ventures!
We don't generally use the term Siberian hamster here so I was wondering which species you're breeding, Campbell's or WW, just curious!

xbuttons94
10-01-2016, 06:19 AM
Welcome to HC!