PDA

View Full Version : Meet Charley

northmcqueen
07-03-2016, 07:01 AM
It's been around a year since my last hamster, Sooty, passed away and I fell in love with this girl today in P@H. I don't think she quite knows what's hit her, out of a tiny tank and into a ZZ2! Excuse the wheel... I know it's small but it was the biggest they had in store, so I figured it'll do her for a week or so whilst she's still little, until I can get hold of a 12" flying saucer

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/rachel0405_photo/IMG_2190.jpg

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt299/rachel0405_photo/IMG_2191.jpg

Pebbles82
07-03-2016, 07:15 AM
She does look rather adorable - a bit nervy but that's to be expected! I'm sure she'll love her Zoozone 2 when she's had chance to settle in. It looks very nice. What is the large wood thing on the left? It looks fasinating!

Only thing I'd suggest is deeper substrate - maybe 2 or 3" more - so she can dig and rummage around in it (plus means you can spot clean and not need to do big cage cleans very often - ie just do partial ones - less stress for the hammy).

And maybe some other kind of hidey toy in the area where there's a bit of a gap - a cardboard box with a hole in or something. More cover and substrate might help her settle in quicker :-)

northmcqueen
07-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Yeah i'm gonna add more stuff in the next few days :)
The large wooden thing was once a breadbin and is now a shelf! She likes it anyway :)

EnerHam
07-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Wow, she's beautiful. I can see why you fell in love with her. :)

Nice idea with the breadbin shelf! I'm sure she'll be one happy hamster once she settles in.

Rads
07-03-2016, 12:07 PM
She is a very cute little fluff ball, I bet there are fun times ahead...:-)

Pip waves a paw and says hello

pinkneon
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Eeek! She is gorgeous! I love the bread bin shelf too

Thin Lizzy
07-04-2016, 05:26 AM
I love fluffy hams and Charley's so beautiful!

AmityvilleHams
07-04-2016, 06:16 AM
She is definitely a very cute ham!

I agree on more substrate,but also instead of a flying saucer a Silent Runner wheel or Wodent Wheel or another upright wheel would be much better as they provide natural running and don't cause side arching.They should fit in the cage perfectly fine though if you add a substrate border such as a bendable bridge bent around a corner or in a line in front of the wheel area so that the substrate is deeper in one portion of the cage :)