PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Fawn.

fawnthehamster
06-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Hiya everyone, my name is Fawn and I'm a Syrian hamster who was brought home on the 14th of May by my lovely lady owner. I have so far settled in well to my home, and I love my two owners who look after me.

My favourite toy is my wheel and my ball, my favourite treats are carrot drops and my favourite food is corn. I also like fruit and veg but I'm a bit more fussy when it comes to them, so far I've tried apple, green beans and carrot and I've liked the apple the best.

I love exploring when I come out to play and have a good rummage around her bed and I like to get in all the nooks and crannies to see what goodies I can find. I love hiding in her dressing gown and going all the way behind her back and washing myself. I stretch a lot and I love to have a good clean. If you want to see more of what I get up to you can follow me on my personal instagram account "fawnthehamster" :D

Gimleyand Meeko
06-15-2016, 12:58 PM
Hi Fawn! I am Nutmeg! My favourite toy is the wheel too! I have never tried apple as I am a Campbell's Dwarf and am prone to diabetes but I love the flaked peas in my mix! See you around the forum! :)

Nutmeg

Amber_x
06-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi Fawn! I also like my wheel but I have a habit of stopping it from working by piling up my substrate next to it :roll: I hope you settle in well with your new owner :)

M3gan
06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Hello Fawn! Percy here, I'm a Syrian like you!
I really like my wheel too, but my saucer is great. My silly human took it away for play time only though because she wanted a 'natural theme. I have a ball as well! Its really fun to roll around in and chase my human. I really like cheese and chicken, you should get your humans to give you some.
I love 'the sleepy area' as well! The 'head lumps' are really comfy! The human gives out to me when I try bring some back to my cage. She says they are 'not for biting'?! Very silly :confused:
I have a instagram account as well! Its @percys.story Im going to get my human to look at yours! :D

cypher
06-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Hello lovely Fawn, nice to meet you :)

pinkneon
06-16-2016, 01:48 AM
Hi Fawn,
You are adorable! My Syrian hamster, Sweep, is currently on vacation with his hamster sitter, but I am sure he will say hi when he returns. He loves walnuts the best!

Thin Lizzy
06-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Oh blimey Fawn, you're an absolute beauty! Such cute pics of you.
I love the name!
Welcome to all 3 of you to HC.

Rads
06-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Hi Fawn,
Pip here I'm a Syrian just like you we seem to be quite a like in our colouring, I have a thread called Pippins thread in the Syrian Hamster section where you can catch up on my antics there if you wish there are tons of pics too my Pet Human does insist and making them with the black flashy thing he calls a "Kamera".
I love playing in my ball when I don't break them, and my wheel too, I like carrot, cucumber, courgette, Apple, nana, Blueberries, strawberries, chicken, duck, all sorts of nuts, I love peas and sweetcorn fresh of course and my favourite treat of all is cheese, cheese, and more cheese, though my human says I can only have a tiny bit as it can make me fat....
TTFN
Pip

fawnthehamster
07-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Thank you everyone for all your warm welcomes. Its great meeting so many new hamsters that I can be friends with :)

Thin Lizzy
07-04-2016, 08:07 PM
In the third pic of beautiful Fawn, The thing she's got, is it from P@H?
The reason I ask is it looks like the toy you open and there's fluffy bedding inside it.
If it is please remove it as the fluff is dangerous to hamsters. Many shops say it's perfectly safe but it can damage their insides if swallowed.

pinkneon
07-05-2016, 04:03 AM
Hi Fawn!
My name is Sweep. I was on vacation before so didn't get to say hello.
I love digging and toys with holes in so I can sit inside them! I LOVE walnuts and believe I should be allowed them all the time, but sadly they are rationed! I own a pink human lady who is very strange - she walks on two paws, doesn't use a wheel, holds something in her paws to eat, doesn't have tissue in her nest and has ears on the SIDE of her head ... She is a rather strange creature!
I am a big boy of 185g!
The things I don't like are bing called "cute" (because I am a boy, so am handsome!), being called "Sweepy" and sitting still! :D
See you soon!

Maximus
07-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Hi Fawn!!
You're so beutiful! We aren't Syrians. I'm Honey and my sister is Mustatd and we are Roborovski dwarfs. We are super tiny and our human gives us lots of different seeds. At the moment our favouritest seed is sesame seeds! They soooo yum! But we also like all sorts of nuts and green veg. But not almonds. They're icky and dangerous to eat. Sometimes we get teeny bits of Apple too but the other new ham isn't allowed that. She's a Campbell's and the human won't give her anything sweet, not even carrot! (Hahahahahha)
I like to sleep in my wheel. I only do it so the humans worry about me. And I like digging. Have you tried digging? Oh it's sooooo fun! You find the deepest pile of sawdust and you chuck it everywhere! We also have a sand bath and that's good too. Get your human to let you try it!! You can roll around in it and get squeaky clean. Anyway, your human sounds nice too. We think ours sometimes wants to eat us, and the new hamster doesn't know yet. Any-Anyway, let's be friends yeah?!