PDA

View Full Version : Meet Luna

Enh98
06-13-2016, 06:08 AM
Here is Luna, our new hamster! She was sort of an impulse on my part. I was in my local Petco and saw her and fell in love. I've never owned a female Syrian before and I am eager to see if they are more active, as I've read. Our sweet Arlo sleeps 20 hours a day so we haven't been able to enjoy his company as much as we'd hoped. I'm hoping Luna is a bit more spunky! We let her settle in for a few days and just started trying to handle her a bit. She'll allow me to stroke her with no flinching and she'll take treats from my fingers. She does make a chirping sound - stress related?

cypher
06-13-2016, 07:03 AM
Congrats!
I'm not surprised you fell in love, she looks lovely :)

Thin Lizzy
06-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Awww Luna's absolutely stunning!
Congratulations on your first female syrian.

Rads
06-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Wow what a gorgeous silky grey Luna is, if she is anything like Pip she will drive you mad but a good mad.
Pip is quite the Houdini so be prepared..

Enh98
06-13-2016, 10:21 AM
Wow what a gorgeous silky grey Luna is, if she is anything like Pip she will drive you mad but a good mad.
Pip is quite the Houdini so be prepared..

Haha! So far so good! She's in a temporary kaytee rat cage until I can get a more appropriate size cage for her. She has room for her wheel, hidey house and some toys so I think she'll be okay for a couple weeks. I was worried because the bars seem pretty pliable but she hasn't escaped so far.