PDA

View Full Version : Meet Master Harvey - My Dazzling Beauty!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thin Lizzy
05-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Two days ago (Friday), I got a new hammy called Harvey!
He's just over 9 weeks and he's a white syrian.
As you know I lost My Little Diva Twinkle over 2 weeks ago and she'll be forever in my heart along with My Prince Charming Archie but, I've got so much love to give and I can't imagine not having hamsters in my life.
I saw Harvey in my local petshop where I've gotten all my hamsters over the years and asked the owner if she'd keep him for me as I'd need a few days to get everything ready and 2 days ago I went and brought him to his forever home.
The first thing he did was go straight to the food bowl lol! Then he spent ages digging and burrowing and hearing those noises made my heart melt. I've missed that noise so much.
So here's some pics and my apologies upfront, I didn't want to stress him so all pics are of Harvey in his carrier box.

More Harvey
Better Lighting
A Close Up

CMB
05-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Hope Harvey settles in well.

cypher
05-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Hello Harvey :) Nice to meet you, I'll be looking forward to getting to know you better as you settle into your lovely new home :)

Congrats Lizzy! I'm so pleased for you, he looks lovely, especially love that last photo :)

Lala Noma
05-07-2016, 11:07 PM
He's a handsome boy! I love his ears, hehe. Congrats! :)

Bec
05-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Awww congratulations Lizzy, I was hoping you would be introducing a little one soon, you do have so much love to give and Twinkle and Archie will be smiling!

Hello little Harvey, looking forward to watching his progress, he's landed on his little paws with you. x

velma
05-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Hurray! I'm really pleased for you T-Liz. I can't wait to see what Harvey's personality is going to be. He's gorgeous :)

Thin Lizzy
05-08-2016, 12:31 AM
Thank You so much guys! It's so nice having a little ham in my home. He's so fast and he camouflages into the carefresh too well lol!
First time I've had a white ham, so seeing him in the shop made me go Aww and he was chomping away on a piece of millet but looked up and that was the moment I knew that I was going to give him a forever home.

SKB_Hamsters
05-08-2016, 02:59 AM
Congratulations on Harvey, he is so adorable!

BluerayDarkes
05-08-2016, 03:22 AM
He's gorgeous T-Lizzy and he's going to be very spoiled

Thin Lizzy
05-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Thank you so much!
He'll be spoilt allright lol! He was up earlier for a drink of water and stretch and back to his bed, the little man was spinning his wheel so fast last night, it made me giggle and tired just watching him. He did stop several times and looked at me and of course I told him mom was watching and that he was a good boy.

Coco61
05-08-2016, 05:16 AM
Oooh TL, a new hammie! I did wonder if you would be making an introduction at some point. So thrilled for you. Hello Harvey and welcome to HC. You are a lovely looking little boy. Looking forward to hearing all about you as you settle in with your new Mum. You have no idea how you have landed on all four paws for your life ahead. Pictures when you are more at home very welcome!

Pebbles82
05-08-2016, 05:27 AM
Exciting! He looks lovely :-) Is he large? (I'm thinking of the 6 foot white rabbit called Harvey lol!)

Thin Lizzy
05-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Lol I'm just visualising a six foot hamster called Harvey after the six foot rabbit also called Harvey.
He's small, but won't be for long lol!

DrKMcK
05-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Lol I'm just visualising a six foot hamster called Harvey after the six foot rabbit also called Harvey.
He's small, but won't be for long lol!

Lololololo. Love the visuals! Your new little Harvey Ham is a handsome little guy. Gleaming white! I really am so happy for you. You really do miss them when they go on to the Bridge. I'm sure Archie and Twinkle are very approving of this new man ham in your life. After all Lizzie, they trained their human well. Harvey's a lucky little hammy. :-)

Thin Lizzy
05-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Thank DrK, yes I was trained by the best Archie & Twinkle lol! I've only had Harvey days and he's got me wrapped around his tiny paws.

BluerayDarkes
05-09-2016, 01:55 AM
We don't train the hamster, the hamster trains us!

Pebbles82
05-09-2016, 01:58 AM
What a lovely thought, that hamsters train their humans and another hamster benefits :-) Looking forward to seeing much more of the adorable white Harvey :-)

Thin Lizzy
05-09-2016, 02:09 AM
They so do train us lol!

cypher
05-09-2016, 05:03 AM
Most definitely!

pinkneon
05-09-2016, 02:19 PM
Wow! Congrats he is gorgeous! (Or handsome as Sweep would say!)

RubyDG
05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Aww Lizzy! I'm so happy to see you have a new fluff in your life! You've got such a big heart it would have been so sad if you didn't get another hammy. You're a hamster mom through and through. You must keep us updated with all Harvey's antics :mrgreen:

Cinnamon Bear
05-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Congratulations! You must be so happy! I like the white fur color & his name is cute too:)

AlfredHam
05-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Aww he's an absolute cutie pie! So pleased for you :)

Thin Lizzy
05-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Thank You Guys for Harvey's Welcome to HC.
He's 10 weeks old today.
Harvey's adjusting well to his new home and has become obsessed with his wheel, I've been limiting his time on it as the first couple of days he was on it nonstop. I did take the wheel out as he'd peed all over it and it being wood isn't a nice sight. I did clean it and returned it the next day where he peed on it again lol!
I managed to wedge some wood from another toy so he wouldn't exhaust himself. I did have a chat with him about drinking plenty of water and having rests in between and he's been doing just that.:rolleyes:
I managed to stroke him a few times and yesterday I put a small piece of carrot on his bridge and he came over and sat while nibbling away.
He's also loving his Coconut, I picked the largest one from P@H and he looks tiny in it but so very cute. Earlier, I couldn't see him so I gently lifted the toilet tissue and he shot out of the coconut.
Anyway here's some pics of him on his wheel before the pee stains;
Harvey going to his left
And to the left
To the right
And Rest

cypher
05-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Sounds as though he's settling in really well Lizzy, definitely making that wheel his own lol! I think you might need some plastikote!
Lovely photos, he's such a beautiful guy & does still look quite tiny in his wheel :)

BluerayDarkes
05-09-2016, 10:45 PM
That last photo he looked tired after all that running xD

Pebbles82
05-10-2016, 01:18 AM
I can't believe he is so pure snowy white! He is absolutely gorgeous! Hope he learns the wheel isn't a toilet soon!

herbi7
05-10-2016, 03:43 AM
Aw, thin Lizzy I am so pleased to meet Harvey! Isn't he a pretty tiny sweetie! What a poppet. Bless him he loves his wheel doesn't he! Sweet boy. I'm so glad you've got him, I know how happy he will be with you. Enjoy... �� x x

flowerfairy
05-10-2016, 04:02 AM
Aww he is lovely. I love white fur on animals. He does look ever so tiny against his wheel!

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Sounds as though he's settling in really well Lizzy, definitely making that wheel his own lol! I think you might need some plastikote!
Lovely photos, he's such a beautiful guy & does still look quite tiny in his wheel :)

Thank you Cypher, I had a sniff at the wheel yesterday and not pleasant lol! I just wish I'd plasticoted it before.
Even attempting to wipe it with water didn't help but made it look worse. I'm hoping to get a plastic wheel at the weekend, however if I can't I'll put the flying saucer in. Don't want to use the flying saucer as it takes up a lot of room, would prefer to keep that for playtime.

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:22 PM
That last photo he looked tired after all that running xD

I know! He just got a bit overexcited and went even faster. That pic was taken the day after getting him and I knew I'd need to limit his time and make sure he was drinking plenty water so I've taken to marking his bottle.

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I can't believe he is so pure snowy white! He is absolutely gorgeous! Hope he learns the wheel isn't a toilet soon!

Thank You Serendipity, I had thought about calling him Snowy because of it but it didn't feel right. I so hope he stops peeing on his wheel too.

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Aw, thin Lizzy I am so pleased to meet Harvey! Isn't he a pretty tiny sweetie! What a poppet. Bless him he loves his wheel doesn't he! Sweet boy. I'm so glad you've got him, I know how happy he will be with you. Enjoy... �� x x

Thanks Herbi, it's so strange having a little baby in the flat again, I can't stop looking at him lol!

Thin Lizzy
05-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Aww he is lovely. I love white fur on animals. He does look ever so tiny against his wheel!

Thanks Flowerfairy, this is my first white hamster in the 16 years I've had them. I've seen quite a few white hams on the forum recently and seeing him in the petshop I knew I had to have him. He won't be tiny for long.

Coco61
05-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Harvey is so funny, getting all over excited on his wheel! Just love his white fur coat.

Josie
05-12-2016, 03:29 PM
Such lovely photos of Harvey, he is very cute and the name suits him :cool:

Piebald
05-14-2016, 06:02 AM
Congrats TL! Sorry I missed the intro, he's lovely! So very pleased for the both of you!
Of course he's peeing on his wheel-- mine MINE MINE! Lol. It needs that eau de Harvey.
Maybe switch it out for the saucer in the playpen for a day or two and just let it dry off and the worst of the smell evaporate but don't clean it so it will still be HIS.

Thin Lizzy
05-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Cheers Coco, Josie and Piebald.

Josie, I tried a few names but, Harvey felt right and it so suits him.

Coco & Piebald, I've bought him a new wheel, a plastic wheel. I tried cleaning it but the stains weren't shifting and it looked horrible & sniffing it close up wasn't pleasant lol! Should've plasticoted it before putting in his cage.

Piebald
05-14-2016, 11:44 PM
It's good to have a spare. What does he think of the new one?

Thin Lizzy
05-15-2016, 12:55 AM
Well he came out and stood on his bridge looking at it and then at me and stepped on and went fast and then stopped and looked at me and I told him it was his and he was a very good boy and he went even faster.
I'm still limiting his use of it as I heard it can affect their growth.

Pebbles82
05-15-2016, 01:52 AM
A plastic one sounds better :-) Much easier to clean! I think they do go crazy for them at first. Charlie did and then it dropped off after the first couple of weeks and then eventually he only used it during the night. Anyway you probably know all that already ha ha.

Piebald
05-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Lol great description TL. I can picture it :)

Pebbles82
05-15-2016, 02:31 AM
He is very lucky having such a caring Mum :-) Looking forward to hearing more about Harvey when he's feeling photogenic x

Thin Lizzy
05-15-2016, 03:31 AM
I've taken a few pics of Harvey but, he's very good at turning away and I'm left with a white blur lol!
But, he's so beautiful and I love watching him.
As for the plastic wheel, should've gone with it in the first place. And yes much easier to clean.

cypher
05-15-2016, 04:23 AM
You must both be pleased with the new wheel, he'll probably stop peeing on it now lol!
I'm sure he's loving it, I would have thought he's old enough not to need his running time limited tbh, they do sometimes go a bit mad at first but then settle down a bit.

Hope he stops being camera shy soon, looking forward to seeing more of him :)

Thin Lizzy
05-15-2016, 04:36 AM
Cypher, he's almost 11 weeks! Do you think I can stop limiting his time on his wheel?
He went nuts on it at first and I didn't want him getting exhausted.
He's an absolute gem!

cypher
05-15-2016, 05:53 AM
I would, I think you'll soon see if he's been over doing it but it's unlikely now, as long as he's eating well he'll build up some good healthy muscles with plenty of exercise :)

He's an absolute gem!
I'm sure he is, he sounds lovely!

pinkneon
05-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Hello Harvey! My name is Sweep. *Waves a paw* You must always demand treats and toys and look sad if you don't get them!

Coco61
05-15-2016, 08:27 AM
The timing of unlimited wheel access is always tricky isn't it TL? Opinions vary so much as pups can overdo it. I ended up letting Mocho have his around 10 weeks to stop him monkey barring up the sides and across the roof of his cage. Then look what happened! He became so much quieter and retiring!
I think if you keep an eye on Harvey when he uses the wheel and you can see him, you will get a good idea of whether he is sensible enough to take needed breaks.

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2016, 05:04 AM
The timing of unlimited wheel access is always tricky isn't it TL? Opinions vary so much as pups can overdo it. I ended up letting Mocho have his around 10 weeks to stop him monkey barring up the sides and across the roof of his cage. Then look what happened! He became so much quieter and retiring!
I think if you keep an eye on Harvey when he uses the wheel and you can see him, you will get a good idea of whether he is sensible enough to take needed breaks.

Thank You Coco,
I've decided to continue with monitoring Harvey on it, last night he was on it for hours and I took some pics. I decided to jam the wheel so he couldn't use it.
I would remove it but, because of the width of it and it's stand I can't remove it through the top door as it's about an inch short in width. I don't want to keep taking the cage lid off as I don't want to unsettle him so jamming the wheel with a bendy bridge does the job.
I always make sure he's getting plenty liquids.

cypher
05-16-2016, 05:11 AM
I just wonder if he might find that a bit frustrating Lizzy if he tries to use it & can't?
I think one problem with limiting time on the wheel is that when they do have it they go a bit nuts whereas if they have it all the time they start to get a bit more sensible about things.

Pebbles82
05-16-2016, 05:12 AM
When Charlie was a young thing about that age, he used to run incredibly fast in the 29cm Karlie wheel (probably why it broke eventually with 220g of hamster hammering it) and then kind of half jump out mid spin and land with a big flop on the substrate where he would lie looking all chilled and kind of happy and naughty. He used to be in and out of it all evening and then just stopped bothering lol. If you clean it every few days he might avoid it for a day or so ha ha.

I was wondering that about blocking it too - it might make him run on it even more when it isn't blocked - if that's possible! I think at 11 weeks he should be ok.

Didn't you have a flying saucer as well? Maybe if you put that in he'd switch between them a bit (different kind of running maybe).

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2016, 05:19 AM
Cypher you're right, I'm not going to jam it.
Serendipity I like that idea about Cleaning it which he may avoid it.
He's only had this new wheel since Saturday.

Pebbles82
05-16-2016, 05:42 AM
Hmmm - today is Monday - maybe he'll have got bored with it by Friday lol. It's just new excitement probably. I'm sure he'll be fine :-) After all they can run 10 miles in a night in the wild Maybe you could wire a tachometer up to the wheel! (I think someone has actually done this before) and check how many miles he is running each night. It's natural to worry with a young new hamster, especially when you've recently had older more laid back ones. But go with your instincts. If it's 24/7 you might need to block it. But if he sleeps all day he should be fine.

I'm not quite sure what this one is measuring but it looks interesting :) I think it's just measuring how many miles an hour rather than how many miles covered but I guess you could work it out! If he's running at 2 miles an hour and doing it for 6 hours - he's run 12 miles :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856V7-J8k7s

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2016, 07:26 AM
I had completely forgotten that they can run upto 10 miles a night.
He's just woken and come out for a drink and nibbled on his many treats, he looked at me and then went back to his bed.

Pebbles82
05-16-2016, 07:35 AM
What did the look say lol? :-) Was it a kind of acknowledgement you were there or a black look ha ha.

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2016, 07:43 AM
He acknowledged his mom , told him he was such a good boy.

Pebbles82
05-16-2016, 08:07 AM
Aw - it's nice that he looks at you and knows who you are :-) He sounds like a real character and rather adorable!

Thin Lizzy
05-16-2016, 09:18 PM
Time for an update on Harvey.

So, I've had my beautiful little Harvey for 11 days and we've made so much progress.
Thanks again to the tissue trick, when I went to collect him, I'd stuffed tissue up both sleeves and when we got home, I kept him in his carrier while I put the load of tissue near his house, in his sputniks and in the middle of the cage. I then watched him explore his new home. The best bit was seeing him stuff the tissue into his cheeks and take it into his house.
My heart melted seeing him explore his cage, digging, burrowing and making a tunnel. He did get a bit over excited on his wheel which he peed on many times and being wooden it wasn't a pretty sight or smell. He now has a new plastic wheel from P@H and he so loves it, It does make a quiet noise but, I find it very relaxing lol!
He's also answering to his name and he lets me stroke him but, the best moment was when he took some pumpkin seeds from my fingers and then looked at me and place his paw on my thumb - I felt such joy and so very proud of him.
I continued putting some more tissue in and he came out of his coconut and stuffed some in his cheeks and went back to the coconut and covered up its entrance, I so did giggle.
I've been introducing him to small amounts of vegetables; carrot, baby sweetcorn, green bean, peas and brocolli. He adores peas and brocolli, yesterday evening, I decided to put a piece of brocolli outside his house and I'd just put it down when his head popped out and he pulled it into his house and I did giggle.

Here's some pics and first up Harvey's new wheel;
Harvey on the run
Time for a rest
Exploring one of his tubes

cypher
05-16-2016, 09:22 PM
Great to hear how well he's settling in Lizzy, lovely photos too, he obviously loves his wheel but I think that one in the tube is my favourite shot so far :)

Pebbles82
05-17-2016, 12:05 AM
I like that one too! Let me get at that hanging treat stick lol! He is looking happy and adorable. Glad taming is going so well.

BluerayDarkes
05-17-2016, 01:51 AM
He's a very active ham, and look at his cute face!

Coco61
05-17-2016, 02:30 PM
Harvey really looks happy and having fun exploring. Good to hear the taming is going so well.

SKB_Hamsters
05-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Those photos of Harvey are so cute, he is simply gorgeous, I especially like the pictures of Harvey trying out his new wheel. It's good to hear that taming is going well to!

Thin Lizzy
05-18-2016, 12:00 AM
Thanks Cypher, Serendipity, Blueray, Coco & SKB.

Harvey so loves his wheel! He's more sensible and taking suitable breaks from it. I just love how he gets on it, and looks to make sure I'm watching and then goes super fast.
Yesterday evening while he was spinning in his wheel, I gave his toilet area a clean, I've been checking daily but, giving it 2 to 3 days before I clean and I'm only using lukewarm water and kitchen roll.
The last couple of times, Harvey has stopped in his wheel and come to investigate and I tell him it's just water, your scents still there and I let him sniff the kitchen roll and when I'm done he then goes and checks his corner. Aww I'm so in love with him and his little ways.

Oh and I forgot to mention yesterday that he's buried his food dish a few times and then looks at me as if to say 'Where's my food mom?' The funny thing is the substrate he's sitting on is on top of his dish lol!

cypher
05-18-2016, 12:32 AM
Oh and I forgot to mention yesterday that he's buried his food dish a few times and then looks at me as if to say 'Where's my food mom?' The funny thing is the substrate he's sitting on is on top of his dish lol!
lol! maybe he's trying to hide it just in case you want some :)
Good to hear he's being sensible with the wheel now.

BluerayDarkes
05-18-2016, 01:32 AM
Cindy buries her food dish too o.o

SKB_Hamsters
05-18-2016, 02:07 AM
I think he trying to stop you eating his food - it's like hamsters think we eat the same as them so they must hide it.
Sherbet sometimes buries her bowl if she feels it is in the open to much, so normally I hide it behind a tunnel or next to some toys or attach a ledge above her bowl and towards the back of the cage, so she feels it's hidden and protected more.

Thin Lizzy
05-19-2016, 04:15 AM
Hello Harvey! My name is Sweep. *Waves a paw* You must always demand treats and toys and look sad if you don't get them!

Harvey waves a paw back to Sweep and says thanks for the tips!

Harvey would also like to say Hello to all of you and for all your lovely and welcoming comments. xxx

Thin Lizzy
05-26-2016, 04:26 AM
Time sure flies, been a while since I updated you on my Beautiful Harvey.
Beware - I may ramble on:rolleyes:

I've been mom to Harvey for almost 3 weeks and what a joyful 3 weeks they've been. He'll be 3 months next Tuesday and I can see such a difference in him. He loves his wheel and he's still being sensible, well almost, At the weekend he decided to try and ride on the outside of the wheel, watching his little feet was so funny and I couldn't stop giggling at his determination. But, being mom, I stepped in and put my hand flat next to him so he could climb on and avoid any injury, thankfully he climbed on. His little face said it all, he looked very chuffed with himself sitting in his wheel and because I got the giggles, he came over and climbed onto his seat and nuzzled his nose on my cheeks and I got many whisker kisses and I thanked him and he jumped of his seat only to climb back on and give me more whisker kisses. My heart totally melted once again and I rewarded him with a whole walnut which he pouched and ran of to his house with his treat.

Since getting his plastic wheel he hasn't weed on it at all! Maybe he knows it's easier to clean. He decided to do make some changes in his cage, he pushed his coconut back and filled it with toilet paper that I left for him and also moved his bridge so he can go straight from the wheel, under the bridge and out the other end to his water. He's still burying his food dish which is rather cute, after he's buried it he sits on it and when I ask him what's happened to his dish, he looks downwards as if to say 'mom, it's under me' lol!
He loves sitting at the cage door being stroked and I love how relaxed he is. I still haven't picked him up, he'll walk onto my hand but, if I move my hand he'll jump of.
But, I'm really pleased with how things are.
He loves his linseeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and I sprinkle them over his bridge and he scoffs up every single one.

I introduced him to pink lady apple and oh my goodness, he sat there and munched away and then cleaned his face and paws which made my heart melt once again!
The best result was a piece of strawberry, he decided to pouch it and take it to his house and when he popped his head out he had a bit of red on his mouth from the strawberry and it looked like lipstick :mad:
I also introduced him to porridge and guess what? He turned his nose up at it, he had a good sniff and poke at it but the look on his face said it all 'Mom, what the hell is this?, where's my veggies?' I did giggle and he continued to stare at me and of course I apologised saying 'Sorry Master Harvey, it won't happen again':roll:

I've still to upload photos from my phone to my tablet, had earache for a few days and before that I had a sore elbow, once the elbow healed, I woke up the next day with earache.
My duties to Master Harvey continued as usual, he truly is amazing and I'm so in love with him xxx

Cujo
05-26-2016, 04:41 AM
So lovely!! I agree with you that white hams blend too well in the carefresh!! I thought I had lost Gwynn the other day, I looked into her cage and gasped, thought she'd gone on another 'little adventure'. Good to hear he's doing well, you guys sound awesome together

SKB_Hamsters
05-26-2016, 04:52 AM
It's was really nice catching up with Harvey thread, hearing what he has been up to. He seems likes he is full of character - life never boring with a hamster like Harvey! He sounds like he does similar things to Sherbet.
Its funny watching them turning their nose up to food - Sherbet doesn't like plain porridge either but she will eat it if I mix seeds and nuts in it.
He sounds like he making good progress with taming!

pinkneon
05-26-2016, 05:06 AM
Oh Harvey sounds utterly adorable!
Sweep says : "I love linseeds too! I like to hold each one in my paws and nibble them one by one. I could eat them whole cos they are so tiny but that's not good manners so I like to nibble them. Plus it makes the pink human lady laugh! Harvey, you are so funny! I don't got a food bowl no more as I have to have my food scattered - it's the human's orders - but when I get fresh food or something I have never had before then I get it in a bowl which makes me happy! Have you been in a ball yet? I like mine. I got a new one which is massive!! Harvey, whatever you do, do NOT escape! It makes the human people sad and they have to then find you (which is actually quite fun!) I am getting better at being picked up now. I like to climb on my pink human lady. I have had her since March but am having trohble training her. She does weird things - like insisting on walking on 2 paws, not having tissue is her nest and using her paws to hold something to eat with! I have been told that ALL the human people do this, so thought I'd tell you in case you were confused! I am considering the whisker kisses, but not quite ready for that yet! Oh, amd Harvey, please be very suspcicious if your human person tells you that yiu are "going out". I had to "go out" twice where I was prodded and poked by a strange human lady! The first time I bit them 4 times - though I don't recommend it as they don't taste nice! But there is no food, toys pr even a wheel thing on this outing! Hopefully though you won't need to "go out". I also suggest demanding as much attention and space as possible - I mean, look at how much space the human people have! Not at all fair! Oh and give them a good long look when they are eating something that you feel by rights is yours! Well, I have to go do some digging nos, but I will speak to yiu later! Sweep"

Pebbles82
05-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Lovely to hear Harvey's progress :-) Lipstick lol! He sounds to be an adorable little character. I can hear him thinking "Didn't you know porridge was just for grown ups Mum?" :D

cypher
05-26-2016, 06:20 AM
Aww bless him! He sounds such a lovely guy Lizzy, obviously very happy & doing well too, he's come so far in such a short time & your bond is really wonderful already :)
Harvey clearly has good taste, I had to laugh at the lipstick too! The porridge reminded me of Mickle, she always refused things like that, looking as if to say "why are you giving me human food mum?" Maybe he'll grow in to it though!

Bec
05-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Just caught up with this thread....oh my word, how adorable is Harvey. Loving the tales about your little man and his wheel, and burying his food dish lol!!!

He seems to be settling in fantastically, well done Lizzy! Sounds like a bond is growing....whisker kisses, awww!!!

Look forward to following his thread. x

PS we get our addition on Monday....can't wait!!!

Coco61
05-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Wonderful update! What an adorable little man ham he is becoming. Love his attitude and developing bond is heart warming. Good on you TL for your patience and skill with him. So rewarding.

Thin Lizzy
05-29-2016, 05:13 AM
Thank you Cujo, SKB, Pinkneon, Serendipity, Cypher, Bec & Coco!
I so loved the lipstick moment with the strawberry. Never mind lipstick on your collar, It's now Lipstick on my hamster:rolleyes:

Since I last posted, I've got some news, on Thursday evening Harvey let me lift him, he was sitting at the cage door and I asked him if mommy could lift him and there was a look between us that said yes and I lifted him and he was absolutely fine, oh the joy I felt and I told him over and over what a good boy he was and that I love him sooo much. He's happy for me to lift him if he's facing me but, he'll wriggle if he's not. Weird!
So for this I decided to treat him with a couple of meal worms - I held one out to him and he turned his head away as if to say 'Urgh, not eating that'. I giggled and offered him some carrot drops instead which he happily took.
However, he so loves roast chicken which he's had a couple of times already, loves walnuts and cashew nuts.

Enough rambling here's some pics as promised;

1st pic is Harvey with his face in his food dish
2nd pic Harvey doing his wheel warm up exercises
3rd pic Harvey in his sputnik being shy
Lastly Harvey in his sputnik facing the right way

cypher
05-29-2016, 07:24 AM
Ramble on Lizzy, I love your Harvey updates & they always make me smile, such great progress with him, well done both of you! Love the photos too :)

Coco61
05-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Aaawww cute photos of your lovely Harvey! Glad he has found the human lift now!

SKB_Hamsters
05-29-2016, 03:24 PM
I always really enjoy reading all your Harvey updates and seeing such cute photos of youradorable Harvey, I especially like the one of him in his wheel and he seems to be having a lot of fun in his cage. He making such good progress with taming especially that he is now allowing you to lift him up. Harvey knows what food he likes and not!, I really like the expression on their faces when you offer them something they don't like!

Pebbles82
05-29-2016, 04:01 PM
He's so sweet! Absolutely gorgeous!

BluerayDarkes
05-30-2016, 01:32 AM
Gosh he's just so damn adorable.

velma
05-30-2016, 01:45 AM
Just catching up on Harvey's thread. Sounds like he's doing really well. Glad he's settling in so brilliantly :)

freyashamsters
05-30-2016, 03:51 AM
Your 'Master Harvey' is very loving, I was surprised when Willow turned her nose up at porridge - and baby food! :roll:

Thin Lizzy
05-31-2016, 10:07 PM
Thank You!

Master Harvey is so overwhelmed with all your messages and he would like to tell you about his Honey-Nut Bar and insisted I post some pics of him embracing, kissing and munching and being so very cute!

First up - Harvey embracing and saying hello to his Honey-Nut;
Second pic - Harvey's Kiss;
Third pic - 'You're all mine, Nom Nom Nom;
Fourth pic - 'Mom, Mom, I love it';
Fifth pic - More munching;

cypher
05-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Harvey you are such a lucky ham & I can see you are totally in love with your honey nut bar lol!

pinkneon
06-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Oh Harvey you are lucky! I have never had a honey nut bar. Not allowed because it has honey in! So my current treat stick is carrot and broccoli ... It's ok but not exactly yummy! Can I share yours? LOL
Sweep

SKB_Hamsters
06-01-2016, 01:48 AM
Harvey looks like he was really enjoying his honey-nut bar, these photos are too cute, especially as it looks like he is cuddling it. Harvey is so lucky.

Thin Lizzy
06-01-2016, 04:58 AM
Cypher, Pinkneon & SKB,
I love watching him with his Honey-Nut, my heart melts every time.

Now, there's a 6th pic, I can only post 5 pics a post so I had to leave it. This one is of Harvey diving into his house after his Honey-Nut moment, if you zoom in you can see his beautiful butt sticking out, I love this pic!

cypher
06-01-2016, 05:25 AM
I love it too, a big fan of ham butts lol! & Harvey has one to be proud of :)

Gimleyand Meeko
06-01-2016, 05:48 AM
He is a gorgeous hamster!!! I love his eyes!! I am sure you and Harvey will have a lot of fun together :)

BluerayDarkes
06-01-2016, 07:19 AM
That butt of his can rival Yummy's xD

SKB_Hamsters
06-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Harvey has a cute butt too, I do like seeing hamsters diving back in there houses.

Coco61
06-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Great photos of Harvey TL! Doing a good job on that treat stick. Love it when his eyes appear closed as if blissful nomming! Rear end is cute too-lucky Harvey!

Thin Lizzy
06-02-2016, 02:55 AM
Thanks!
It's such a gorgeous butt, I remember when he made a dash to his house and dived in - he made me giggle and I told him I got his butt on camera and he poked his head out and looked at me. At first because of his whiteness and the white CareFresh, I thought it would be camouflaged but thanks to zoom it's perfect!

Thin Lizzy
06-05-2016, 05:28 AM
Warning; T-Liz likes to ramble about Harvey!

The weather here has been very sunny and warm over the past week, I've been making sure Master Harvey is kept cool, I've been keeping my living room blinds & windows closed and also got the fan out.
Yesterday, I had the fan on and he sat in his sputnik sniffing the air, it made me smile.

Because of the hot weather, he's been having shorter runs on his wheel. Before he gets on he does some stretching, and sometimes he'll stop running and stretch some more. After his run, he'll stretch again - I'm calling it Yoga Ham! I read on Pluto's thread that he's been stretching a lot too and Bec mentioned that a stretching ham is a sign of a happy ham!
Well, if that's true, I'm elated!
After my success at lifting him, he'll quite happy to sit in my hands and a few days ago he got his first massage and he loved it, he sat there with his eyes closed and when I stopped he looked at me with those hypnotic eyes and once again I was under his spell and I continued with the massage.
I've also noticed that when he's on the wheel and wants an audience he'll be heavy footed and of course I go to him and watch him and when I watch him he's lighter on the wheel and I do encourage him and tell he's such a good boy. But, should I move away he'll be heavy footed again and it made me giggle.

Harvey's also been getting some different foods, he loves spinach leaf, baby chard, cucumber, mango, red & yellow peppers and roast chicken. Oh boy, he so loves chicken, each time he's had it I've given it with a little selection of veg and he scoffed the lot up. I've also wrapped the chicken in spinach leafs with some grated carrot and he loved it!
We also had Scottish strawberries and we both ended up with lipstick lol!
Last night I had garlic mushrooms in breadcrumbs and he sat at his door and I told him garlic wasn't good for hamsters stomachs, it was hard saying no! He did get brocolli and cucumber and stuffed it in his gorgeous cheeks and into his house.

cypher
06-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Love your rambles & hearing how Harvey's character is really starting to shine through as your bond grows :)
He's getting some lovely food lucky boy, I really like the idea of the chicken & spinach parcel!

Coco61
06-05-2016, 08:20 AM
What a little character your Harvey is turning out to be. His wheel antics are so funny!

Bec
06-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Awww that's lovely to hear that your little Harvey is coming along so well, his character is really starting to show through....and all that stretching....one very happy ham! You must be over the moon, it is very rewarding isn't it!

Thin Lizzy
06-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Love your rambles & hearing how Harvey's character is really starting to shine through as your bond grows :)
He's getting some lovely food lucky boy, I really like the idea of the chicken & spinach parcel!

Thank you Cypher, I try to make his chicken night special, which he gets twice a week. He loves the spinach parcel. I aso do the brocolli parcel where I make little slits in pieces of Broc and put bits of chicken in them and he loves that also!
He also loves Walnuts & Cashew Nuts!

Coco, he was doing his wheel antics a couple of hours ago and it made me smile from ear to ear!

Bec, yes it's so rewarding! Especially his stretching, I'm happy he's happy!

BluerayDarkes
06-06-2016, 01:15 AM
I love reading about Harvey he's such a character

Mrs Livingston
06-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Just been catch up on Harvey's thread and boy, he eats better than I do! Chicken, spinach and carrot - yum!!! what a lucky guy xx (and gorgeous, obvs)

Thin Lizzy
06-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Harvey's 1st Cage Clea

So on Monday, after 31 days, I cleaned Harvey's cage and it went brilliantly! I put Harvey into his carrier box along with his wooden house and some yummy treats. I let him climb into a storage tin and then transferred him to his carrier and then did a clean. I only cleaned the base and his wheel and made sure I kept some CareFresh back to add to the new.
Harvey's a very tidy ham, yes he had a hoard which I threw away and put some tasty treats in it's place.
When I put him back in, he checked everything out, making sure his scent was still there and that all his toys were still there, he looked at me afterwards and I asked him if everything was to his satisfactory and he climbed onto his seat and put his paw on my hand and gazed at me and my heart melted. I love him sooo much!

Harvey's 14 weeks old and I weighed him for the first time and he's 125g.

Pebbles82
06-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Aw Lizzy - that's lovely he is interacting with you - you have won him over :-) Glad the cage clean went so well.

Mrs Livingston
06-08-2016, 12:49 AM
Wow, so pleased to hear that he took his cage clean in his stride. I love it when they give you a little sign to tell you that everything's okay. Adorable xx

SKB_Hamsters
06-08-2016, 04:51 AM
How sweet that he put his paws in your hand gazed at you, that is adorable. I'm glad the cage clean went so well, I like it when you put them back in after a clean and they go around checking everything out to make sure their scent is still there.

Coco61
06-08-2016, 10:22 AM
Awww TL, what a lovely moment for you! Nice that he is ok with cage cleaning and no sign of problems there. Such a reward for your patience with him.

Scarlett Empress
06-08-2016, 11:33 AM
I have just read all through this thread, Harvey is such a beautiful little boy and he sounds like a real charmer! I love when you say he makes your heart melt!

Thin Lizzy
06-09-2016, 02:24 AM
Thank You Serendipity, Mrs Livingston, SKB, Coco & Scarlett Empress xxx

I've been lucky with Master Harvey, he's so laid back and him putting his cute paw on my hand after the cage clean made me feel so proud of him and those heart melting moments feel so wonderful! Afterwards, he tackled the toilet paper that I left near his house (while cleaning his cage I stuffed some in my top), it was so funny watching him pouch it and seeing the house move up and down while he perfected it.
It's those little things that make me go Awww!
The tissue trick has done wonders for us.

Pebbles82
06-09-2016, 03:29 AM
He sounds well settled in. Nice that he is a laid back little man and is interacting with you so well :-) I think I might do the tissue trick again, just to remind Charlie who I am now he burrows down so far lol! The thing that makes me laugh with Charlie is the nonchalant grabbing of a small piece of Fitch as he's about to go back in his house after pouching food - as if one tiny piece of Fitch is going to make his nest bigger lol!

SKB_Hamsters
06-09-2016, 06:18 AM
It's so nice to hear about how Harvey interacts with you, it's just to cute. I love watching hamsters make there nests out of toilet paper watching them carrying toilet paper in there pouches back to their house and seeing their house move about so much so they get they can get the perfect nest, Harvey must enjoy making his bed up.

Thin Lizzy
06-09-2016, 06:43 AM
Serendipity, I laughed at Charlie with the one bit of Fitch. They do such strange things.

SKB, he loves making his bed, and when I add more toilet paper, he's out in a flash stuffing it in his cheeks, it makes me laugh seeing his reaction.

pinkneon
06-11-2016, 02:49 AM
I'd love to know more about the hamster massage! (Sweep would too LOL)

cypher
06-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Lovely to hear how laid back he is & how he coped so well with the cage clean Lizzy, a sure sign of how much he trusts you & what a wonderful bond you have already.

Thin Lizzy
06-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Lovely to hear how laid back he is & how he coped so well with the cage clean Lizzy, a sure sign of how much he trusts you & what a wonderful bond you have already.

Thank Cypher,
He stills like to bury his food dish and still likes to check his toilet corner when I give it a clean, but, I've only been using lukewarm water and I always let him sniff the kitchen paper but, he still gives his corner a sniff too and that makes me laugh. I'm totally besotted with him.
The other day we played peek-a-boo with his sputniks, he climbs into one then runs along his tube and stops and peers round into his second sputnik and I shout peek-a-boo Harvey and he comes into the sputnik and I put my face near it and he'll tickle my nose with his nose, I giggle, he turns and runs back down the tube to the other sputnik (can't stick my face to it as I don't have a cage door there but, I boost his ego by telling him he's mommy's boy and I love home more each day).

Pinkneon & Sweep,
Harvey's massages are a highlight for both of us. He'll walk into my hands and I cup them and then I gently massage him and I love it when his eyes start to close and when I stop, he opens them quickly and looks at me to continue and of course I oblige. Friday & Saturday I couldn't of massaged him long enough and tried to put him back in his cage but Master Harvey was having none of it and held onto my thumb and wouldn't let go. I'm convinced he's a maths genius when it comes to the amount of time.

cypher
06-13-2016, 02:51 AM
How could you not be totally besotted with him! You have so much fun together & I'm sure he's just taking a quick look to make sure Mum has done his housework properly for him ;)

SKB_Hamsters
06-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Harvey sounds so cute I really enjoy reading his updates, and it's seems like you both are bonding well with one another. It sound like he enjoys his massages (a little massage normally sends Sherbet to sleep), and it's funny how they know when they haven't been out as long as they should have, and then they don't want to go back in there cage until they have had the right amount of time out of their cage.

Thin Lizzy
06-13-2016, 08:38 AM
Cypher,
He's rather funny when he comes out to inspect my housework, he'll stand in the bit and have a good sniff all over and then kick some care fresh over it. He knows he amuses me as I can't help but giggle.

SKB,
When he held onto my thumb, my heart melted and I was like ok, ok, ok and he let go and I continued with his massage. It's the reactions and expressions that get me everytime.

Coco61
06-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Wonderful to read how the bond between you is developing. Such a two way thing! Harvey has a very tidy mind to check on your house work. They are all so different. Mocho put his head out of room 2 to check on me cleaning out room 3 (the outermost one) last night and then vanished to let me get on with it!
As for the the massage and holding your thumb, that is just aaawww......

Bec
06-13-2016, 12:23 PM
So lovely to hear things are going amazingly well with your beautiful Harvey. You must be over the moon. Bless him.

Oh have you managed to weigh him yet?

Thin Lizzy
06-14-2016, 10:00 PM
Wonderful to read how the bond between you is developing. Such a two way thing! Harvey has a very tidy mind to check on your house work. They are all so different. Mocho put his head out of room 2 to check on me cleaning out room 3 (the outermost one) last night and then vanished to let me get on with it!
As for the the massage and holding your thumb, that is just aaawww......

Thank You Coco, I've been so lucky with Harvey and I do love his checking up on me when I'm doing housework in his home.

Thank You Bec, I weighed him before his cage clean last Monday (6th) and he weighed in at 125g. He's now 15 weeks old.
I think I'll weigh him every couple of weeks.

The last couple of days Harvey's been so playful, happened while filling up his food bowl and instead of taking 5 minutes it took over half an hour. Master Harvey wanted some extra attention and he kept climbing onto his seat for some pampering and he also got some extra treats in which he insisted on eating slowly while sitting on my hand.

Here's some pics, first up a Harvey close up in his tin;
Next up, Peering Out
From the back
Harvey's first shopping order

cypher
06-14-2016, 10:52 PM
lol! that's some shopping haul Harvey! But of course you deserve every little tasty morsel for being such a wonderful ham friend to your mum :)
Love the photos Lizzy.

SKB_Hamsters
06-15-2016, 02:25 AM
These photos of Harvey are so cute. Harvey is so lucky to be getting all those tasty treats.

RubyDG
06-15-2016, 02:38 AM
Awww, just finished catching up on Harvey's thread! He's a wonderfully spoiled little guy. I loved the pictures of him with his honey-nut bar :mad:. I did spot that you bought the Johnsons Nutty Honey treat in your recent treat haul, Spike is very found of those too and I have to make sure they are always in stock, I do like them as you can break them up into smaller pieces :p. I'm so glad that the two of you have bonded so well, Master Harvey is a lucky little man-ham :D

Penguin
06-15-2016, 05:09 AM
Now I wonder who went shopping, you or him. I'm pretty sure he did the shopping and forgot to drag it into his cage on his way back!

Do show more pics of him nomming, I like the pictures of him nomming (:
Maybe he could give a short review on the 3 vitakraft products too?

Coco61
06-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Ooh what a haul for Harvey-deserves to be spoilt!

pinkneon
06-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Awww lovely! Sounds like he is getting on nicely! It's good Sweep isn't here to see Harvey's little haul, otherwise I wouldn't hear the end of it!

Thin Lizzy
06-16-2016, 02:52 AM
Awww, just finished catching up on Harvey's thread! He's a wonderfully spoiled little guy. I loved the pictures of him with his honey-nut bar :mad:. I did spot that you bought the Johnsons Nutty Honey treat in your recent treat haul, Spike is very found of those too and I have to make sure they are always in stock, I do like them as you can break them up into smaller pieces :p. I'm so glad that the two of you have bonded so well, Master Harvey is a lucky little man-ham :D

Harvey's taken a shine to them, I'm lucky there's a couple of pet shops including my local that sell them as well as P@H.
I do like to make sure he has a variety of treats plus I can't help myself when I go shopping.

Cypher, he sure is a wonderful ham and I love sitting near his cage and listening to him chomping away on his treats, such a lovely sound.

SKB, thank you, he took a shine to the tin but no room in his cage for it. I'll use it for his weigh-ins and playtime. He doesn't like getting too many pics taken and turns away with his back to me when he's had enough.

Coco, so totally spoilt, he's trained me well!

Pinkneon, he loves attention and being praised. Sweep will probably have a demand list for you when he returns from his little holiday.

Penguin, lol! at the thought of Harvey going shopping. I'm on call 24/7, he's got me under his paws. The 3 vitacraft products; he's already had The Apple & Nut Rollin Treat and lovers it, I had some of Twinkle's left. The other Rollin Treat is Berry Flavour and the Banana Muffin is still to be tried by him but, will let you know how he gets on.
I will have a look for some more nomming pics. I love seeing the determination on his little face when he noms.

Penguin
06-27-2016, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure what I like the most, the thought of Harvey pushing a trolley or the thought of him shopping online and signing for the package when it arrives :D

Thanks for the review on the treats! Vitakraft more or less has a monopoly on anything critter related in Denmark but I'm always a bit skeptic about their products until someone talks good about them! I have been looking at their treats a lot though, especially the rollinis! (I just checked 4 times if I did spell that correctly, that is a weird name for a treat ahaha)

The banana muffins sound amazing, I want to try them even though I probably shouldn't lol

Also on a sidenote, I have a weak spot for Harvey's pink nose (:

BluerayDarkes
06-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Harvey is sure one spoiled hamster, but that cute little face of his means he needs spoiling.

Coco61
06-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Harvey- are you interested in auditioning for the Hammy Potter production? The thread says a white hammy is needed. I would feel braver if you were there too.
Love Mocho

Thin Lizzy
06-28-2016, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure what I like the most, the thought of Harvey pushing a trolley or the thought of him shopping online and signing for the package when it arrives :D

Thanks for the review on the treats! Vitakraft more or less has a monopoly on anything critter related in Denmark but I'm always a bit skeptic about their products until someone talks good about them! I have been looking at their treats a lot though, especially the rollinis! (I just checked 4 times if I did spell that correctly, that is a weird name for a treat ahaha)

The banana muffins sound amazing, I want to try them even though I probably shouldn't lol

Also on a sidenote, I have a weak spot for Harvey's pink nose (:

Penguin, I too love Harvey's pink nose and I always tell him so when he pokes his nose out of his house.
I've been giving Vitakraft to my hamsters for years.
Harvey has since tried the Banana Muffin and he loved it! I placed it outside his house and I saw his pink nose sniff it and before I could blink it was gone.
The Rollins are popular with Harvey also. He's had the apple a few times and he'd yet to try the Berry but, will update you when he does.
There's also The Carrot Donut and There's also the Parsley with Alfafa Donut but can't seem to get it. Twinkle adored all the Vitakraft treats.

Blueray, I find it hard not to spoil him, he dazzles me with his cuteness.

Coco, I've put Harvey down on the Hammy Potter thread and will be happy to give Mocho all the support he needs.

Coco61
06-29-2016, 09:58 AM
Thank you TL!

About Vitacraft treats. Carrot and banana muffins go down ok with Mocho but recently I came across a new one and he really really loved it!
Vitakraft Emotion Functional Kracker Immun Activ for hamster. It is a hanging stick, the usual 2 in a pack.

Thin Lizzy
06-30-2016, 01:53 AM
Harvey is sure one spoiled hamster, but that cute little face of his means he needs spoiling.

Thanks Blueray, Harvey's loving the word 'cute and knows he's spoilt rotten!

Coco - I'll definitely get the Vitakraft Emotion Functional Kracker Immune Active treat bars for Harvey and will let you know what he thinks.

Pebbles82
06-30-2016, 02:32 AM
Just caught up on Harvey :-) He's looking lovely and very inquisitive and perky in those photos - he's a real sweety! Just realised I made a kind of pun there after the picture of his sweety shop haul lol. He has lots of fun treats there lucky boy. Very pleased Harvey is going to be in the Hammy Potter production.

AlfredHam
06-30-2016, 09:38 AM
The photos of him in that spotty tin are adorable! Wow that treat haul is amazing, Alfie is very jealous over here :lol:

Coco61
06-30-2016, 12:29 PM
Dear Harvey, very nice to hear from you. Mum read me your letter although I am deep in my house. She knows I can hear her even when I don't want to come out. The part of Fawkes sounds very special. Mum says that you have to explode in flames but not to worry as you are re born again. Mmmm. I have to change into a werewolf at a full moon and Charlie is an owl. It all sounds very complicated. That is why I am glad you will be there and that we can get to know each other.
The Diva Twinkle was a very special ham indeed and I thought of her as my favourite lady ham. She and Charlie 'came' to my birthday party and I sneaked her a kiss! The photo hung on my nest wall so I could look at her. You have a lovely Mum who is giving you the best possible life. I am sure you will be braver with her than I am here with mine although as it is warmer I have been out a little more recently. If Mum is late with my food I wait in my Sputnik for her.
Looking forward to rehearsals but please ignore my cousin Jarvis!
Love Mocho

Thin Lizzy
07-01-2016, 09:26 PM
HARVEY'S UPDATE

It's been absolutely ages since I updated you on the Beautiful Master Harvey, so beware I may ramble on.:rolleyes:
Harvey's just over 17 weeks old and now weighs 149g he's gained 24grams in 3 weeks!

He's been tasting more different human food - Cauliflower, Cabbage & Romaine Lettuce (small amounts), Butternut Squash, Endamame Peas, Green Grape (half), Raisins, Puff Pastry
Brazil Nuts and Cheese.
I'm absolutely delighted that he loves Cauliflower as Twinkle & Archie both hated it. Also delighted that he loves cheese.
However, Harvey didn't like the Butternut Squash or Endamame Peas and let me know by putting it in his toilet corner and peeing on it lol! I asked him 'are you taking the piss'? and he looked out his house, stared at me and then blocked his entrance up:mad:.

He's also decided he no longer likes Cucumber, having offered him a piece, he turned his face away and went back into his house and blocked up his entrance. I decided to leave a piece out for him and when I got home late afternoon, I noticed it had gone and I had a good giggle.
It wasn't till I was giving him his steamed veggies later, I noticed the cucumber in his toilet corner and when I removed it, it smelt of pee.:-k
So I told him, if he wanted his veggies he'd have to come out which he did and after a long stretch (Aww!), he climbed onto his seat and gave me that angelic look and of course my heart melted and I stroked him and then gave him a massage and of course he got his veggies, he loves his greens!
When I gave him his first whole Brazil but, he stuffed it into his adorable cheeks and it looked like he'd eaten a rugby ball lol! Everyday, he makes me smile, giggle, melts my heart over and over.
Harvey's so funny with his expressions and what a laugh I had when I gave him a Strawberry & Apple hanging treat bar, he came off his wheel and checked it out and gave it a good sniff then went back to his wheel. After 3 days, he'd only taken a couple of bites out of it and I asked him 'what you not like it'? After the 4th day, I removed it and Harvey looked relieved and climbed onto his seat and we had some nose to nose contact. I so love it when he does this and I promised not to give him that treat bar again.
He always has the Honey Nut treat bar in his cage. To make up for the Strawberry & Apple incident I gave him a huge piece of Dandelion & Millet which he happily took and ran off to his house and got stuck because the entrance wasn't wide enough lol! But Harvey knew what to do and finally got it through which made me so proud.

He's also been given the part of Fawkes (The Phoenix) in Hammy Potter which he's absolutely chuffed about and can't wait to get his wings. He's also looking forward to working with Mocho & Charlie.

A couple of nights ago Harvey got his first taste of Brocolli & Melted Cheese and he waited patiently at his door as I told him it had to cool, I didn't get a chance to put his dish down, the little monkey grabbed it and stuffed his beautiful face and sprinted to his house to enjoy his special treat. I couldn't stop giggling!

I haven't taken many pics lately, Harvey catches on and either runs for cover or turns away.
Harvey loves hearing how cute he is and loves hearing about the other hams.

Alfred-Ham, thank you!
He so loves that red and white dotted tin, he has a matching dish too. I've got some more pics of him in it, will need to sort through them.

Sorry for rambling on xxx

cypher
07-01-2016, 10:10 PM
Love Harvey updates! He's such a little character & becoming quite a gourmet too by the sound of things, lucky boy with so many new things to enjoy :)

Mine usually pee on something when they think it's special & don't want me to steal it so who knows, maybe he does like those veg!

Pebbles82
07-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Great to hear an update on Harvey - he is growing into a discerning little man :-) It says a lot about their personalities I think that they have food likes and dislikes - most dogs we've had would eat anything in sight, including socks.

I also find Charlie puts special things in the potty so they can't be stolen by predators :-) But veg usually gets eaten straight away so maybe he did dump it lol. He sounds very sweet and adorable.

pinkneon
07-02-2016, 12:30 AM
Oh Harvey you are adorable! What are "Endamame Peas"? Sounds like he knows exactly what he likes and dislikes! Sweep barely eats chew sticks! I caved in and got him one with honey in for when he got back from his vacation but he hasn't touched it lol

Thin Lizzy
07-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Love Harvey updates! He's such a little character & becoming quite a gourmet too by the sound of things, lucky boy with so many new things to enjoy :)

Mine usually pee on something when they think it's special & don't want me to steal it so who knows, maybe he does like those veg!

Thanks Cypher,
If Harvey loves a certain vegetable or fruit he'll eat it straight away, he absolutely adores Brocolli and his little eyes get big when he gets it.
But, something he doesn't like will end up in his toilet, he does this with certain bits of his hamster mix too. Twinkle did the same.
I bought baby sweetcorns and I gave him a whole one and he sat on his bridge nibbling away and I asked him if it was nice and he gave me a long stare and continued eating.

Serendipity, having a dog also when younger, would eat anything and she once ate half a tennis ball which ended up with her getting an operation.
Fresh food is eaten right away with Harvey, but anything not to his liking goes to the toilet.
He's so good at giving me that angelic look, I wonder if they do halos for hams.

Pinkneon, Endamame Peas are a bigger version than a pea but taste different. I can't believe Sweep hasn't touched his honey but bar after the fuss he made about wanting one lol!

cypher
07-02-2016, 02:05 AM
He's very good at making his feelings known isn't he lol! I do love their funny little habits :)

Endamame peas are immature soya beans btw.

SKB_Hamsters
07-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Love the Harvey updates, it's so nice to hear how he is doing. Harvey has so much personality, it's funny to hear that food he doesn't like he puts in his toilet, but it's good he getting to try different foods. I never had any of my hamsters pee on there food but if Sherbet doesn't like something she will refuse to take it or leave it where I put it.
Harvey sounds so sweet by the way he interacts with you, but it sounds like Harvey is growing up quickly now weighing 149g (he weighs roughly the same as Sherbet).
Looking forward to the next update already. I really enjoy hearing how he getting on.

Thin Lizzy
07-02-2016, 04:52 AM
He's very good at making his feelings known isn't he lol! I do love their funny little habits :)

Endamame peas are immature soya beans btw.

I know there's soya involved but, I've always acknowledged them as extra large peas.
Harvey loves peas, but he wasn't impressed with these. I so love his funny habits!

Thin Lizzy
07-02-2016, 04:59 AM
Love the Harvey updates, it's so nice to hear how he is doing. Harvey has so much personality, it's funny to hear that food he doesn't like he puts in his toilet, but it's good he getting to try different foods. I never had any of my hamsters pee on there food but if Sherbet doesn't like something she will refuse to take it or leave it where I put it.
Harvey sounds so sweet by the way he interacts with you, but it sounds like Harvey is growing up quickly now weighing 149g (he weighs roughly the same as Sherbet).
Looking forward to the next update already. I really enjoy hearing how he getting on.

Thank You SKB,
Harvey makes me laugh with his weird but wonderful ways in expressing himself. With the Butternut Squash, I pointed to it in his toilet and said 'don't you like' and he looked at me and looked at his toilet and kicked some CareFresh over it.
Of course, I like to hear his reviews on the different foods. But, brocolli and chicken are favourites. I honestly think if I put an actual whole brocolli in his cage he'd eat it lol!

Coco61
07-02-2016, 05:58 AM
Terrific update on Harvey. What a good weight he is now. Hilarious how he lets you know about his likes and dislikes!

Bec
07-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Lovin' little Harvey's update, and he's a good size too! Looks like he knows what he likes and what he doesn't! ;)

A lovely man-ham you have.

We're doing a full cage clean with Pluto tonight....will see how that goes! He's coming along well...151g now x

BluerayDarkes
07-02-2016, 10:37 AM
I think its cute he puts food he hates in to the toilet, it really lets you know that this is not liked. Mine just refuse to touch it if they hate it, for instance the current dog biscuits I got are not liked much at all. They will nibble on them now and then but mostly ignored, they are a different sort than what I gave them before. The old ones were liked better and were gone in days.

Tried them all on dried rose buds they hated those too, dried dandelions though are a major hit.

Thin Lizzy
07-03-2016, 05:12 AM
I think its cute he puts food he hates in to the toilet, it really lets you know that this is not liked. Mine just refuse to touch it if they hate it, for instance the current dog biscuits I got are not liked much at all. They will nibble on them now and then but mostly ignored, they are a different sort than what I gave them before. The old ones were liked better and were gone in days.

Tried them all on dried rose buds they hated those too, dried dandelions though are a major hit.

Thanks Blue,
Archie used to refuse to touch things he didn't like but, sometimes I would put it back in his dish and later I would find it in his toilet corner lol!
I just love Harvey's expressions and that angelic look he gives me so many times. I tried Bonio bics with Twinkle but she took a few bites and buried it, I ended up giving the bonios to my neighbour.
Harvey loves dandelion & millet, he'll take it into his house straight away.

Thank You Bec, glad you're enjoying Harvey's updates, I'm enjoying Pluto's and so pleased his first cage went without a hitch.

Thank You Coco, Harvey doesn't waste time in letting me know.
Harvey says Hi to Mocho and that he'll Ham-Mail him when he wakes. xxx

Vicki
07-03-2016, 07:25 PM
He is a cutie pie! Congrats and enjoy him :-D

Thin Lizzy
07-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Master Harvey's 2nd Cage Clean & Weight Update plus Pics;

So today, I cleaned out Harvey's cage, this being his 2nd. It went really great, he was so happy to see his polka dot tin and gladly ran in but, didn't want to come out of it so I put it in his carrier along with some treats and plenty carefresh.
He's such a clean & tidy ham, I kept a third of his CareFresh back and mixed in with new and I also stuffed a load of toilet paper up my sleeve for his bedding.
Harvey inspected his cage, had a good sniff and checked out his sputniks for hidden treats and ran down his bendy wood and onto his seat. I asked if everything was to his satisfactory and he climbed into my hands for a massage then ran up my sleeve which I found tickly and funny. My clever beautiful man found the bundle of toilet paper and started pouching it and when he had got the lot, his little nose poked out and he ran back into his cage to his house.
The pride and joy I felt and that unconditional love grows by the day.
I'm going to weigh him weekly, so in the last week he's put on 7grams and weighs in at 156grams!
Here's some more pics oh Harvey & His Polka Dot Tin taken a week ago;

Pretending to be shy,
Peek A Boo,
Now You See Me,
Harvey looking down at the scales 'I weigh how much?',

cypher
07-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Aw total cuteness overload Harvey :)

Love to hear how well he's coming on Lizzy, he's such a sweetheart!

SKB_Hamsters
07-05-2016, 01:42 AM
Harvey is so cute in all the photo, i really like the last photo.
Sounds like he didn't mind his cage clean and it so cute that Harvey wanted a massage and then to run up your sleeve to get the tissues out. Harvey sounds so sweet.
It sounds like he growing up quickly by weighing 156g now.

pinkneon
07-05-2016, 03:52 AM
Hi Harvey! I am now 185g!! I like your pictures! Sweep

Thin Lizzy
07-06-2016, 08:49 PM
Thank You!

So yesterday I decided to put Harvey's seeds in a little dish, usually I sprinkle them over his bridge but, he came out and looked at the dish, then at me, then over at the bridge and then back at me with that look that makes me feel bad. I said to him 'Master Harvey you not like your seeds in the dish?' And he climbed onto his seat with those mesmerising eyes and I said 'ok, ok, ok you win again' lol!
Having sprinkled the seeds over the bridge, I then stepped away from the cage and watched him gobble up every single seed. He's like a vaccum, Given him the nickname Dyson lol!
He mesmorises me and makes my heart melt everyday.

Bec
07-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Ahhhh the beautiful Harvey, he's coming along so well....such a sweet ham.
Glad his cage clean went well, definitely helps when they are tidy!

Love his pics and he's a good weight too!!!
Lovely update, as always

cypher
07-07-2016, 12:10 AM
lol! the conversations you two have, he's such a wonderful little guy, love it :)

Coco61
07-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Tut tut TL, you did something a little different and Harvey made his feelings known! That just made me chuckle-what a little character he is growing up to be. Good weight too. Mocho is a breeder ham yet has never been more than 162gms.

SKB_Hamsters
07-07-2016, 02:55 PM
That is so sweet that he wanted his seeds on his bridge and not in a treat bowl. The conversation you have between the two of you are so cute to read. It's sounds like Harvey likes everything to be his way. It's like they are secretly training us instead.

Thin Lizzy
07-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks Guys,
It's always a pleasure having conversations with my beautiful boy, he's a good listener too.
Everyday is different. His little cute face and the way he looks at me when I'm talking to him melts my heart over and over.
Yesterday evening, he got his chicken & peas wrapped in a rather big spinach leaf and delivered straight to his house, he didn't need to leave. He was waiting and he gently took his little parcel. Later on when he came out for a drink, I asked him if he enjoyed it and he came up onto his seat for a cuddle and we rubbed noses.

BluerayDarkes
07-08-2016, 08:07 AM
That's too damn cute!

SKB_Hamsters
07-09-2016, 06:13 AM
Harvey is such a lucky boy to get his treat delivered straight to his house. He must of enjoyed his chicken, peas and spinach.
Harvey sounds so cute and he definitely a good listener.

Coco61
07-09-2016, 07:29 AM
That sounds like a delicious treat for Harvey and delivered to his door too! As for cuddles and rubbed noses, soooo adorable. Lovely little man!

pinkneon
07-09-2016, 09:58 AM
Sweep is a little jealous that Harvey's treat was delivered to his door, as Sweep has to actually look for his! Hahaha

freyashamsters
07-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Lucky Harvey getting his treats delivered to his door - Willow is jealous! ;)

Willow adores chicken and spinach too :D She's not that big on spinach :-?

pinkneon
07-09-2016, 10:18 AM
Apparently I am a mean human for not giving Sweep chicken or spinach ... Keep telling them if he wants them, he can buy them himself! ;)

Thin Lizzy
07-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Thank You for your lovely comments!

Forget Meals on Wheels, It's 'Meals on Hand' freshly prepared and arranged lol!
I've mentioned in a couple of other threads about Harvey's first Cherry, when I offered him it, he was a bit unsure but, I told him that it's sweet, juicy and yummy like a strawberry and he took it in his paws and had a good nibble and his little nose or should it be cherry nose looked so adorable.
I asked 'Do you like it Master Harvey?' and you guessed it, he looked at me and then turned and ran to his house with his treat.
I bought a big punnet of them, more than triple Harvey's weight and my lips, tongue and fingers were cherry coloured. I managed to get the stone out of Harvey's with a little slit down the side.

cypher
07-10-2016, 02:25 AM
Aww lucky Harvey gets such wonderful treats!
I can imagine how adorable he must have looked nibbling his juicy cherry :)
His food parcels sound delicious too!

I've never tried mine with cherries but I did give Ziggy a frozen blueberry once, it left a big purple stain on his shelf but somehow he remained spotless!

Thin Lizzy
07-10-2016, 10:35 PM
Thank you Cypher,
I try to make his food parcels with chicken which he gets twice a week look fun & tasty, plus I hand deliver them and he waits patiently and his eyes always go big lol! I try to do the same with cheese which is a once a week treat.
Aww sounds like Ziggy had sussed out the blueberry might be messy and found a way to avoid mess.

Earlier this morning I had fun with Harvey, I was lying on the sofa on my side very still and he ran up and down my legs and right up to my shoulder and I could feel his whiskers on my skin, he then sat on my thigh grooming himself. As always we had a little chat and he sat there with his ears straight up and looking straight at me. After, he sat still in my hands while I carried him to his cage and he then decided he wanted to play peek-a-boo between his sputniks and large tube. Of course I obliged. He's so funny, he thinks I can't see him going along his tube so when I say I can see you, peek-a-boo, his little face appears from the tunnel and he runs into his sputnik and back out again.
This occurs several times which has me giggling.
I awarded him with a load of pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and linseeds sprinkled all over his bridge. I love watching him gobble them up as he's like a mini hoover making sure he gets every single one and he does. Those sesame and linseeds are so tiny but not one is left.
And he got a walnut, he loves them!

cypher
07-10-2016, 11:48 PM
Lovely update as always Lizzy, I can so picture the two of you having fun this morning, Harvey is such a delight :)
Little ham hoovers are so cute, I love watching them do that with the tiny seeds too.

Thin Lizzy
07-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks Cypher,
Those tiny seeds have no chance when Harvey the hoover comes out lol!
I love watching him, sometimes when he's done and gone back into his house, I'll sprinkle some more and out he comes and gobbles them up. I love him to bits.

Piebald
07-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Sounds like the two of you are having a great time! :)

SKB_Hamsters
07-12-2016, 03:12 AM
Such a nice update. It's really nice when they run over you when your are lying down (Sherbet does the same thing either when I lie on my side or front - she loves running over my back and sitting on my head).
You and Harvey have so much fun with each other, love hearing about when you play peek a boo. It is so sweet to hear about him hoovering up his seeds.

cypher
07-12-2016, 04:53 AM
I love him to bits.
How could you possibly not :)

Coco61
07-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Harvey the Hoover!!! It's great that you have formed such a bond with him that is allowing his character to develop. No wonder Harvey makes you laugh so much.

pinkneon
07-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Awww Harvey!! You are funny!

Thin Lizzy
07-14-2016, 08:46 PM
So the last few days my Internet has been down and my tablet has been playing up so I couldn't post on HC. I phoned up the provider and complained, I had a good moan about the service, the staff, and that my contract is up in a couple of months and I'll be looking elsewhere. After my rant on the phone, I realised I was running late. Outside a big fat seagull flew right towards me and I ducked to avoid it, only for it to do one big poo down my handbag. I actually screamed lol! I have a fear of seagulls, crows and pigeons and this seagull with it's wings expanded would've been about 4ft. I felt quite shaken up and I went home and changed my bag and double checked the back of my head for any poo and ended up getting a taxi.
When I got home later, I realised that I'd left Harvey's cage door opened and nearly fainted when he came out his house and did a big stretch. My beautiful boy hadn't even bothered to escape. The joy I felt and he came onto his seat and I told how proud I was of him and we had a little cuddle.
That made my day, and instead of doing fish for my tea, I did roast chicken thighs instead and Harvey got a big piece with brocolli. That's his first time getting chicken thigh, I usually do breast. But both Twinkle & Archie loved the darker chicken meat on the thigh and I knew Harvey would too.
And later on we had a very long game of peek-a-boo.

cypher
07-15-2016, 12:15 AM
Aww bless him, such a lovely little home boy, his cage must be too good to leave!
What a lovely end to a day that didn't start so well!

pinkneon
07-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Sounds perfect! (The bit with Harvey I mean!) I don't like seagulls either and always duck from them but I'm sure they hate me and deliberately aim fornme when they poo ... I take an umbrella everywhere and as soon as I see a seaagull the umbrella goes up! :D
Well done Harvey for not escaping!!

SKB_Hamsters
07-15-2016, 05:12 AM
Harvey was such a good boy to remain in his cage, he must love his cage too much to leave, that's a great end to day which didn't start to well, with having no Internet and the seagull incident.
It was so nice you did roast chicken instead so Harvey could have some, he such a lucky boy!

Thin Lizzy
07-17-2016, 02:45 AM
The last couple of days Harvey and I have been playing peek-a-boo, he's now found a couple of places to hide, under his long bendy bridge blending into the CareFresh that at first I couldn't see him and instead of saying 'I can see you' I was saying 'Mom's lost Harvey, she can't see him' and this little nose popped up and out. He also took to hiding in his coconut and because the toilet paper is white, he once again tricked me, until he started munching on his apple lol!
He also loves to run up and down my legs when I'm on the sofa and took a liking to my left knee, sniffing it and standing up on it looking straight at me.
He's been getting extra treats for staying in his cage when he could've escaped but, he knows he's got a great home and mom. Love, love, love, love him so much!

Coco61
07-17-2016, 06:19 AM
Dear Harvey
My mum has read to me all about your open cage door and how you stayed at home anyway. Your Mum knows this happened to me once and I made the same decision as you. Also there was a later occasion when my silly mum did the same thing again and I went to the door hoping to find treats and went too far. I fell out and could not get back up. It was all dark and quiet so I went for a look around. It was fun for a bit as I could stretch my legs but I could not get up anywhere that smelt familiar. In the end as I got so tired and the light was coming, I went to the darkest corner where there was a bag which I chewed into. Inside was a little cardboard and I starting ripping it up for some bedding. While I was doing this I heard my mum shriek with horror. The big man came too and they found the bag. It was lifted up and Mumput me back in my cage. I was so glad to be home. Mum felt so foolish that she clips my doors closed now.
So Harvey, just to reassure you that you made the right choice. Home, with all its comforts and mum's love and care is the best place to be. You are a very clever ham.
Love
Mocho

cypher
07-17-2016, 07:46 AM
You two are having so much fun Lizzy, what a wonderful life he has & a wonderful little friend you have!

Coco Mocho's story is just so sweet bless him!

SKB_Hamsters
07-18-2016, 02:51 AM
This is so sweet, it sounds like you and Harvey has so much fun together. It's really cute hearing how he blends into the carefresh and toilet paper to trick you. He definitely is a clever boy.

freyashamsters
07-19-2016, 10:46 PM
Aww, Harvey's antics are always lovely to read about :D You must have a really close bond with him :D

hrl20100
07-20-2016, 04:58 AM
Your relationship with a Harvey is amazing Lizzy! Read a few of your previous posts! He is on cute ham too!

pinkneon
07-20-2016, 05:34 AM
Dear Harvey!
You sound like you are having a fun time with your human person! My pink human lady gave me a cold cup, which was nice except for one thing ... It had FLOWERS on it!!!! Seriously!! I am a BOY! But yesterday she let me have a small playtime and she picked me up to talk to me, and I put my paws round her nose - wow, it's bigger than mine! - and looked at her to show her I was listening - I wasn't really! ;)
Sweep

badwolf
07-25-2016, 03:55 PM
Harvey is so adorable! I wish I had more space in my mini zoo :'( I think I'm going to be needing an actual zoo!!!

Thin Lizzy
07-25-2016, 09:20 PM
Aww Thanks Everyone!

The last week has been funny, there was a couple of days where it got too hot, but, Harvey dealt with it better than me, he found his sputniks helped keep him cool and he just pushed the carefresh to one side and sat munching away. I had a couple of fans on and I made sure he was ok. I also gave him more fruit & veggies which he thoroughly enjoyed, I said to him a few times that it's important to keep yourself hydrated. He still spent a good few hours on his wheel but, he took plenty breaks. Bless him for listening lol!
He loves stretching and I've started stretching with him, he's so cute when he does and the other day as he stretched, he did a big yawn. He takes his Hamercising seriously:rolleyes:
On Friday I tripped and fell while out and landed on my left knee and it hurt like hell, I quickly glanced round to see if I'd been seen and stood up slowly muttering ouch, ouch and limped away.
To cheer myself up, I went into McDonald's and got some fries and a Mcflurry Ice-cream, food helps the shock;). When I got home I told Harvey all about it as I put my shopping away and sorted out an ice-pack as my left knee was swollen. I turned to his cage and he was sitting at the door and I opened it and he jumped onto me - well that made the pain go away. We had a chat and I thanked him for being so caring and for his cuddles.
I've got a massive bruise on my left knee.
Harvey got his first taste of turkey and loved it, I told him it was a bit like chicken and his eyes widened at chicken.
I weighed him at the weekend and he's now 175grams.
Here's a few pics taken the other day and Master Harvey tried to make a run for it when he saw that I was holding up the phone camera;

First up, 'Oh-Oh Mom's got her camera out, she can kiss my gorgeous butt'
Second pic 'If I could just squeeze into this corner'
Lastly 'Ok mom, I'll let you take a pic, get my good side'

cypher
07-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Aww bless him for being such a comfort to you & making your pain go away :)
He's such a sweet boy, he does have a lovely butt lol! but his good side is really handsome too, love that shot :)

He's a good weight now & so he should be with all those lovely treats he gets!

freyashamsters
07-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Aww he's such a sweetie, hope your knee gets better soon :D

velma
07-26-2016, 01:39 AM
He sounds like he's doing great T-Liz! Finally getting to catch up on his adventures. I'm sorry you hurt your knee but I'm glad Harvey was there to cheer you up. Dr Harvey -haM.D. :mad:

SKB_Hamsters
07-26-2016, 02:35 AM
Harvey looks so handsome in those photos, it's cute that he makes a run when you try to get photo, but these photos are still very cute of his butt and his good side.
I'm so sorry to hear that you hurt your knee, I hope it getting better. But it was nice that Harvey helped the pain go away.
I'm glad Harvey loved turkey, (Sherbet also loves Turkey). Harvey is a good weight it shows that he enjoying all his tasty treats.
It's so nice to hear that Harvey has found a nice place to help him stay cool, in his Sputnik. It sounds like he listen well to your advice to stay well hydrated in the hot weather! Harvey is just to cute and clever!

pinkneon
07-26-2016, 02:38 AM
Oh Harvey! Well done for being so caring!
By the way I discovered that McDonald's also cures travel sickness! ;)

Coco61
07-27-2016, 10:06 AM
Dear little Harvey, what a good ham-man looking after his Mum like that!
He is a good weight now. Mocho has only ever made 164. Shows what a lovely healthy life he has with you TL! Hope your knee is better soon. Do take care.

Bec
07-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Awww, sweet little Harvey, sounds like he's coming along fantastically...and he's a good size too. Always lovely to see pics of your man ham.

Hope your knee is okay...ouch, ouch x

Thin Lizzy
07-27-2016, 10:14 PM
A big Thank You from Harvey and I. xxx

My knee is much better thanks, It's now going through the various stages of bruise colouring. Harvey insisted on checking it out last night when he was running up my legs, he had a fascination with my left knee before my fall and he let his whiskers tickle my bruise. Bless him! Such special moments like that and him throwing himself at me truly make my day!
On Tuesday before heading out, I gave him a piece of banana, well he took a sniff of it and looked at me, then turned his face away. Lol! I told him Sweep loves banana and he loves hearing all about Sweep. So, I gave him strawberry instead. I left the banana in his cage in case he decided to give it a go but, when I got home later, I found the banana in his toilet corner. The thing is he loves the banana muffin and banana biscuit drops I give him. When I was taking the peed on banana out, he poked his face out.
Last night he got spoilt with roast chicken, brocolli and carrot and the look on his face made my heart melt. He wasn't expecting it.

I told Harvey all about Mocho's incident with the open cage door and how he didn't escape like him and then I filled him in about the other time he did and how scary it was and how he was rescued from the floor. Well Harvey's face and his little eyes widened and it made me scoop him up and give him a big cuddle.
He's going to Ham-mail his dear friend Mocho xxx

Pinkneon - great tip about McDonald's curing travel sickness :rolleyes:

pinkneon
07-28-2016, 12:42 AM
Haha! Your boy knows what he likes! Sweep only ever eats half the bit of banana he gets then throws it away. Think he's gone off it a bit ... Lol

SKB_Hamsters
07-28-2016, 03:09 PM
It sounds like Harvey is trying to make your knee better. He is so sweet. Harvey certainly knows what he likes and dislikes, it so cute that he put the piece of banana in his toilet - Sherbet is also not a fan of banana, she throws it back at me. Harvey is so lucky with his special treat of chicken, broccoli and carrot - he must of really enjoyed it.

freyashamsters
07-28-2016, 03:39 PM
Whatever Willow doesn't like she pees on it and discards it outside her house - when she had a barred cage she'd sneak pieces of cucumber through the bars onto the floor ;)

BluerayDarkes
07-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Hahaha Willow sounds like a very naughty hamster!

Coco61
07-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Well worth spoiling is young Harvey! Funnily enough Mocho likes the banana muffin but not banana itself. In fact he doesn't have a sweet tooth at all and has turned his nose up (or rather turned his butt on!) all fruit tried. He doesn't like carrot much either. Nuts and stuff are another matter.
Glad the knee is improving. Thank goodness you didn't wrench or twist it.

Bec
07-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Aw bless your little man Harvey, he seems such a sweet ham and loves hearing tales of other hams. Maybe I should start telling tales of the giant ham....Neptune to pluto....hopefully they won't scare him.

Glad your knee is healing.
X

Pebbles82
07-30-2016, 12:57 AM
Ouch painful knee! Hope it feels better soon and glad Harvey is helping heal it up :-) He looks adorable on those photos and he is funny putting banana in his toilet lol. Charlie is a big banana fan and gets quite excited just at the smell of it. But he won't touch strawberry so they clearly have their different likes and dislikes just like us lol.

It sounds like Harvey is being your ET :-) making the pain go away with his whiskers.

Rads
07-30-2016, 01:57 AM
Hi Harvey,
It's me Pip, I can't believe you aren't keen on nana..! My human has recently given me Plum and Nectarine as treats to try and I like them both most yummy I have added them to my list of nice things, he is talking about grapes and says I will like them, well what is a grape?
TTFN
Pip

freyashamsters
07-30-2016, 04:18 AM
Pip, a grape is a really yummy juicy purple ball thing and it's DELICIOUS! It gets very messy though so beware of hoomans who try to take photos of you cleaning up :rolleyes:
-Willow;)

Thin Lizzy
07-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Big Harvey Hugs to All of You!

Yesterday, Harvey was rearranging his house and very loudly too and I asked him if he could leave any poos outside, when I got back a couple of hours later there was a heap of poo and some old toilet paper outside. I let out a big Aww and his little face looked out and I told him what a good boy he was for listening to his mom and he then decided he wanted some cuddles and we had a little chat and he got a shrimp cookie which I wrapped in toilet paper. He stuffed the toilet paper in his cheeks and carried the shrimp cookie in his mouth to his house.

Pip - Harvey loves Nectarine, he got it after reading your thread!
Willow - Harvey loves Grapes too, he prefers the green grape.
Mocho - Harvey's pleased you like the banana muffin!
Charlie - You don't like strawberry?
Bec, you should tell Pluto stories about Neptune, I know he'd love to hear them.
SKB, lol at Sherbet throwing the banana back at you!
Freya, that's so naughty of Willow posting bits of cucumber through her cage lol!
Coco, I love how Mocho doesn't like sweet things.

Knee is so much better and the bruising is fading. I did worry when it was swollen if I'd done any serious damage but the swelling had gone the day after. I do have sturdy knees.

cypher
07-30-2016, 11:44 PM
Aww Harvey is such a good boy listening to his mum :)
Loving your little stories so much as always Lizzy & good to hear your knee is on the mend.

Thin Lizzy
07-30-2016, 11:49 PM
Thanks Cypher!
He's such a good listener and ever so tidy!

Bec
07-31-2016, 12:19 AM
Awww Harvey you are such a good boy! Such a sweetie!

Glad your knee is healing well.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

Coco61
07-31-2016, 04:39 AM
What a good ham Harvey is to tidy up his home like that! Mocho-are you listening??!

Thin Lizzy
07-31-2016, 08:44 PM
So Harvey got his first monkey nut yesterday, he was out having a drink and I called his name and he climbed onto his seat and he took the monkey nut in both paws had a sniff and bit into it, he looked at me and then stuffed it into his cheeks and ran off to his house lol! I then sat so still listening to him munching on the shell. Absolute bliss! He also had roast chicken with baby seeetcorn too.
The joys of being a hamster-mom! Later on in the evening, he came out his house and did some stretches before sitting on his seat and we rubbed noses. A perfect Sunday.

cypher
07-31-2016, 09:42 PM
Aww what a lovely sunday & such a nice sunday dinner for your gourmet Harvey :)

He must have been delighted to discover monkey nuts lucky boy :) Zen had one this morning & I was listening to those same crunching noises coming from her hammock!

badwolf
08-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Aww :) Sounds like a great Sunday!

SKB_Hamsters
08-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Aww Harvey is such a good clever boy, by leaving his poos outside his house door, he definitely a good listener.
Sounds like Harvey had a special Sunday, getting his first monkey nut which he managed to discover the yummy peanuts within - he must have been delighted to what he found (Sherbet never managed to work out how to get the peanuts out and used to try to eat the shell instead) and had a nice Sunday dinner - he a lucky boy.
Love your Harvey updates and he his so sweet.
Good to hear your knee is getting better.

Thin Lizzy
08-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Sunday is now called Harvey-Day lol!
We chilled out and had Sunday Roast. He so loved his monkey nut!

Yesterday (Monday) would've been Twinkle's 2nd Birthday, I had a bit of a cry and I hugged her cushion tightly. She's the first hamster of mine not to reach the age of 2.

Harvey had his 4 week cage clean and he's adapted to it and the routine so well, he loves climbing into his polka-dot tin and I now leave the tin in the carrier with him. I checked on him a few times and he was in the tin surrounded by CareFresh and munching away on some treats - made my heart melt. Even when it came to being transferred back to his cage, he looked out of the tin and then stepped onto his seat at the door and turned to look at me and then insisted on some cuddles and a massage which I happily obliged too. After his pampering, he ran straight to his wheel for a quick spin before checking out his cage. He always gives his cage a good sniff all over and each time I ask if everything was to his satisfactory, he looks at me and then tackles the pile of toilet paper I've placed in his cage. I always stuff it up my sleeves while I clean his cage and then place it in the middle of the cage and watch him stuff it into his cheeks and squeeze into his house. He'll put some back outside while he does some arranging. He's so tidy!

Coco61
08-02-2016, 10:50 AM
TL, Harvey is just adorable after a cage clean. They can be so suspicious but he checks things out and now trust what you do for him!
Love the description of his encounter with his first monkey nut. What a sweetie!

*Hug* over Twinkle. Such a wonderful Diva ham. She was special so of course you miss her but that only shows what a bond you had with her. Squeeze that cushion ever so tightly.

pinkneon
08-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Oh, Harvey, just wait until you try walnut! It's my favorite!
Sweep

Bec
08-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Awwww, such a good boy Harvey.
Glad he's adapted well to the cage clean and sounds like he is settled well into a routine!

Pluto absolutely loves the monkey nuts too...don't think he's particularly bothered about the nut he just loves getting the nut out of its shell. Is Harvey the same....

SKB_Hamsters
08-02-2016, 03:22 PM
That is so sweet that Harvey checks out his cage after a clean and that he approves and enjoyed a massage and a cuddle. It is nice watching them make their own bed up with toiler paper.

It must have been hard for you on Monday, Twinkle was such a wonderful hamster, and you two had a special bond but it nice you can hug your cushion of Twinkle when you miss her.

Thin Lizzy
08-04-2016, 01:29 AM
Coco and SKB - Thank You! Re:Twinkle, I squeezed her cushion so tight. I've got Archie's anniversary coming up later this month and I'm dreading it.

Bec - I'm glad Harvey likes monkey nuts, and he left the shell outside his house for me Aww!
I said to him 'Oh Harvey, well done for getting the nuts' and his little face peeped out his house. He sure loves his nuts! :rolleyes:

Pinkneon - Tell handsome Sweep that Harvey tried Walnuts a couple of months back and he adores them! Them and monkey nuts are his favourites. It was Sweep's posts about walnuts that made me get them for Harvey.

Coco61
08-06-2016, 01:08 AM
Dear Harvey
Very pleased to hear that you have my favourite hanging treat now. I was a bit grumpy when Mum gave one to cousin Jarvis when he came to stay recently. She gave me another one from the same people that is meant to help your fur. I have just about finished it and I hope it helps. Mum is a little worried because my fur is thinner in places now. I do like these Vitacraft people whoever they are because I was given a nut muffin the other night for the first time and it was yummy. Mum told me she has banana muffins too and I know I like those.
Hope you continue to get yummy treats.
Love from your pal Mocho

Thin Lizzy
08-08-2016, 09:52 PM
The Perfect Weekend - Just Master Harvey and Myself!

Everyday, Harvey makes me laugh but on Saturday, he had me in tears with laughter!
He came out his house and stuffed his beautiful cheeks with loads of food and treats and ran over his bridge to his house but, he couldn't get through the entrance due to his stretched cheeks. Trying not too laugh I asked him 'What's wrong Harvey?' He looked at me and then looked at his house and then back at me and back at the house, he did this a few times and then tried again to get through the entrance, I couldn't stop laughing and had tears running down my face. Harvey looked at me and I asked him if he wanted mom's help and he turned back and looked at me. I reached into his cage and lifted his house up and he ran inside. For about 5 minutes there was a lot of noise, Harvey was rearranging his food. Afterwards he came out and onto his seat and he rubbed my nose and cheeks with his wonderful whiskers and I thanked him.
On Sunday, we so chilled out, I never do any housework on a Sunday as it's a day to chill out and relax.
In the morning he got a whole strawberry, he was sitting at his door waiting for his Sunday Morning treat and I gave him his strawberry and he took a few nibbles and then stuffed it into his cheek and ran of to his house.
He came out later and ran on his wheel for a while and then we had cuddles while sitting on the sofa, listening to some music.
Early evening we had our Sunday Roast - Chicken, Carrot Spaghetti & Spinach Leafs.
I had a few roast potatoes & gravy with mine. The Carrot Spaghetti is carrot pieces in long strands.
Harvey had his hand delivered to his house, and he was waiting patiently. Aww!

Here are some pics of Harvey being cheeky;
First pic, 'Time for some naughtiness'
2nd pic, 'Wahey I'm out the door'
3rd pic, 'Oh-oh the door is rising'
4th pic, 'That hand looks familiar'
Lastly' 'Hi Mom'

pinkneon
08-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a great weekend! Loving the photos too!

cypher
08-09-2016, 04:35 AM
It does sound like the perfect weekend for you both :)
Love the photos.

BluerayDarkes
08-09-2016, 05:09 AM
Oh Harvey you are such an amazing little hamster

Coco61
08-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Oh Harvey, you have to learn not to stuff everything in your pouches at once. Just as well Mum was there to help! Lovely Sunday meal for you both!

SKB_Hamsters
08-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Sounds like Harvey had a great weekend. It was so sweet hearing about Harvey stuffing his cheek pouches too much so he couldn't fit through his house door, it sounds like he definitely appreciated your help. Also what a great Sunday treat Harvey had. I love seeing photos of Harvey, he is so handsome and always looks so happy.

Thin Lizzy
08-11-2016, 03:47 AM
Pinkneon, Cypher, Blueray, Coco & SKB Thank You! Harvey's delighted that you liked the pics and loves all your comments.

Yesterday, Harvey was very hyper, running up and down his tubes, wooden ladder/bridge and on his wheel, he was making so much noise, I thought I'd missed his treat time. I said to him 'ok you've got my attention, what's wrong?' and he went to his water bottle and started attacking the spout, I put my hand in and he put his paws on my hand as I checked his bottle and told him what a good boy he was for alerting mom.
He got a new water bottle along with a blueberry and piece of apple. He pouched both and decided he needed more attention, he got a massage and sat there so still in my hands his eyes closing and then quickly opening them again and looking at me as if to say 'don't stop mom'.
After all that and his extended massage, he went up to his sputnik and nibbled on his fruit.

Pebbles82
08-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Harvey is sounding lovely and tame now :-) It's so nice that he has bonded with you so well and trusts you.

cypher
08-11-2016, 05:18 AM
Harvey is so good at letting his mum now just what he wants or needs, very clever boy :)

pinkneon
08-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Well done Harvey! He sounds adorable!

Coco61
08-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Clever boy Harvey, you know how to get just what you want from Mum!

SKB_Hamsters
08-11-2016, 03:04 PM
That's so sweet that Harvey alerted you to the issue with his bottle - definetly one smart hamster Harvey is and he was well rewarded.

Thin Lizzy
08-15-2016, 07:54 AM
14th August - Archie's Anniversary.

Yesterday was a hard day, one year ago I lost my Prince Charming Archie, I remember it so clearly. Even a year on I still miss him, I cried some tears and I hugged my Archie Cushion tight.
Harvey, was on his wheel and he came running to the door and we had lots of cuddles and then he went back and spun his wheel some more and came back for cuddles. He did this 3 times and it truly melted my heart. I thanked him and we looked into each others eyes and rubbed our noses together. He's very good at sensing when I'm upset - Aww!

We watched some of the Olympics, had Turkey & Broccoli and Strawberries afterwards.
He was so fast on the sofa, and even got down under the cushions - the little rascal!
He was happy to see his polka dot tin and climbed into it, I put some toilet paper inside and he pouched it and used it in his house. Such a smart cookie.

cypher
08-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Belated hugs for Archie's anniversary Lizzy, I can understand how that must have been for you, those days always hit me hard too, I'm so glad you had the lovely Harvey there to comfort you, he really is a little sweetheart.

I can just picture the two of you watching the olympics, sounds as though Harvey was having his own mini olympics on the sofa there ;)

Bec
08-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Yesterday must've been difficult, thankfully little Harvey was there to comfort and keep you entertained on the sofa, bless him. They really do pick up on our senses.

We put a throw over the sofa to prevent Pluto from going down the side of the cushions on the sofa.
Your Harvey is really coming on well and a loveable little ham.

Coco61
08-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Lots of hugs TL for such a difficult anniversary for your lovely Prince Charming Archie.
Harvey is a charmer too and keeps you on your toes.
Good tip about a throw Bec. I have just about given up on Mocho on the sofa but will try that one. He is a non stop burrower.

pinkneon
08-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Sounds like Harvey enjoyed his special dinner and was practising for the Hamlympics!
Sorry yesterday was a hard day - are you feeling better today?

freyashamsters
08-16-2016, 11:25 AM
So sorry that Prince Charming Archie's anniversary was hard for you, it's a lovely way to remember him though :)

SKB_Hamsters
08-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Sunday must have been difficult for you, remembering Archie. But it's nice that Harvey comforted you as well as hugging your Archie cushion.
It's so nice that you and Harvey have been watching some of the Olympics together (so have myself and Sherbet), but it sounds like he had fun running around on the sofa and his little treats.

Pebbles82
08-16-2016, 06:05 PM
Sorry Archie's anniversary was tough. But lovely that Harvey was there to keep you company and be a fun little rascal :-)

Thin Lizzy
08-17-2016, 05:49 AM
Thanks guys! Archie's anniversary was hard, the year has flown by.
I'm feeling much better, glad I marked his anniversary and Harvey so helped. I actually let Harvey have a good sniff at my Archie cushion and it was rather funny watching him check out the cushion. Archie loved turkey, brocolli stems & strawberries so it was only right Harvey and I had that.

Bec - I actually have a throw, I bought it last year and put it away in the cupboard and remembered it when I read your post.

We've been watching more of The Olympics and hooked.
Harvey's been showing off his running skills and gymnastics which had me in giggles especially gymnastics.

Thin Lizzy
09-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Harvey Update

It's been a few weeks since I updated Harvey's thread, he's 6 months old now. He weighs 180grams. That was about 2 weeks ago.

Mischievous Harvey has been a little rascal, A couple of weeks ago, he started bar chewing and with the many hamsters I've owned, I don't put up with it. Like I've said to others in the forum, I walk away and ignore him whenever he does this. When he stops, I praise him. It did reach a point when he jumped onto his cube looked at me and then started chewing the bar and had the cheek to look me in the eyes while doing it and I closed the cage door and walked out the room and he stopped. We had a little chat and I told him that whenever he chews the bars, they'll be no roast chicken and he looked at me and I told him I was being serious (I don't know how I managed to keep a straight face) lol!
He hates being ignored and does stop it quickly.

Harvey's decided he no longer likes apple, the look on his face when I last offered him it made me giggle, deep down he loves the fruits that gives him lipstick and a coloured nose.
So Strawberries, Cherries, Blueberries are his preferences.

About a week ago, he almost gave me a heart attack, I was doing a house check/clean and he wasn't there, I looked everywhere and nothing. I even checked the cage bars to see if he had managed to break one but, everything was fine. Then this little nose poked up through his cube, I always put some carefresh in it and he had managed to snuggle under it, so when I looked, I saw the carefresh. The little rascal then squeezed through and sat looking at me and like several times a day my heart melts at my little gorgeous boy. We had lots of cuddles and whisker kisses.

On Sunday afternoon we were sitting on the sofa, I had my legs off the sofa and feet on the floor and he bolted down my legs across the living room into the kitchen and behind the cooker. I spent an hour lying on the kitchen floor talking to him. He eventually came out when I told him he wouldn't get any chicken because mom needs to switch on the cooker to cook it and she can't because she doesn't want Harvey getting hurt. He slowly came out and I remained lying on the floor and he came right up to my face - he's a little rascal but a little charmer lol! I then picked him up and put him in his cage while I got the dinner sorted and we both enjoyed our roast chicken, brocolli tender stems and long green beans.

Monday, I did a cage clean after 5 weeks and as always it went great, I removed his coconut and replaced it with the car loofah type toy that I got in P@H, I filled it with CareFresh and some carrot drops and when I put him back in his cage, he went straight to the car and into the CareFresh. Such a lovely sight to see, this little pair of ears poking out.

Here's a few pics;
First pic 'Where's my Seeds?'
Second pic 'I can't eat my Cube, mom you can't be serious'
Third pic 'Oh-Oh I'm in trouble now'
Last pic - Harvey's Set of Wheels 'The Hamzda'

cypher
09-06-2016, 11:06 PM
He really is a mischievous little man lol! Sounds like he's been keeping you on your toes but you have so much fun together & he's such a loveable little guy it's no wonder he keeps you laughing too :)

I can hardly believe he's six months already!
Love the Hamzda, lucky Harvey's being well spoilt with such nice toys :)

SKB_Hamsters
09-07-2016, 02:36 AM
Great Update on Harvey, it sound like he doing really well and he at a good weight. But these photos are too cute he looks so handsome in them and he is a lucky boy to have a Hamzda.
Harvey does sounds to be a mischievous hamster - he has been up to a lot recently. It good you can stop Harvey bar chewing with your method of ignoring him.
He does certainly know what veg/fruit he likes and dislikes.
I understand the fright of not being able to find your hamster in their cage - Sherbet did this to me a number of times. Harvey must love his Sunday dinner treat. And those whisker kisses are just too cute.

Pebbles82
09-07-2016, 03:21 AM
I love your conversations with Harvey :-) And love the loofah car! He is cheekyand adorable - teenager pushing the boundaries?

pinkneon
09-07-2016, 03:23 AM
Sweep is upset that he doesn't have a car! He claims he's big enough to own one lol