PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Elmo

Elmolover4
02-29-2016, 05:29 PM
More pictures coming soon

Sm_banks
02-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Get him a solid wheel instead of wire. Wire wheels can cause foot problems. He is cute though.

RubyDG
02-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Awww he does look like a total sweetie. Definitely going to be on the bigger side when he gets older and I'd bet good money he grows a lovely 'skirt' :D. I do also know from your other threads that you are in the process of sorting him out for a suitable wheel and other things. I'm sure he's going to quickly turn into a very spoiled hamster :mad:

Elmolover4
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Thank you.
RudyDG thank you an I have found him one an now I'm getting the money to get it I'm hoping this weekend it's going to be 11in I'm hoping or the 12in if I'm lucky. I will hopefully have a tank also to put him in that's bigger an better like I see most people have for them an I already have a top for him an I'll send new pictures next week after I fix him up better. But thank you so much

I'm new to having a hamster. I'm starting off with what this lady had for him. She wanted a good home for him so I said why not a hamster should be me some good so now I'm trying to learn an get the best for Elmo an I'm upgrading everything.
He came to me in a bird cage an now he's in something bigger an he loves it but I don't because I know I can do better just takes time an thanks to all the awesome people on here he's getting what his lil heart deserves just like my the year old lol Elmo id's my son also thank you all for helping me an all the kindness. Elmo an I are fearful!!!!!

Elmolover4
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
He don't have a skirt yet will he get one??? How can I tell how old he is??

RubyDG
02-29-2016, 09:27 PM
It's difficult to tell age exactly. One of the indicators is the hair on his ears. The younger he is the more fur they will have, as he becomes an adult he will lose most of it. They are full grown at around 8 months.

I'm guessing about him being long haired from the pictures but I think it's very likely. The skirt will grow as he gets older. Some only get a short 'tufty' skirt and some can get very long.

I've attached two images of male long haired syrians. I will include the link to where I got the images for copyright purposes: link (http://harveyhams.weebly.com/syrian-hamster-varieties.html)

Thin Lizzy
02-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Elmo is lovely! He'll love his tank when it arrives. You'll also see his confidence grow. That cage he's in at the moment looks pretty old and rusty. I know you're getting it sorted.

Elmolover4
03-01-2016, 12:12 PM
Elmo is about 6 months old now. I asked the lady who gave him to me

Cinnamon Bear
03-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Elmo is really cute! That's great your upgrading everything, I'm sure he's a spoiled hammie!

RubyDG
03-01-2016, 01:53 PM
It's good that you were able to confirm his age, 6 months is still young :).

Elmolover4
03-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Thank You cinnamon bear an yes he is spoiled an I didn't realize that he was that young but yet I'm kinda glad he's still young I have time to learn allot an I'm hoping I can keep him happy. Elmo loves country music also I have found out lol

Elmolover4
03-02-2016, 09:38 PM
He was playing on the bed

He went through the home made tube lol he's so cute

RubyDG
03-03-2016, 01:14 AM
Aww He looks really happy there - glad you guys are having fun together :D.

This may sound like an odd question but are you 100% sure Elmo is male? With a 6 month old Syrian his testicles should be fairly obvious but they do retract them. There has been more than one person that has been visited by the Testicle Fairy and had their female hamster turn out to be a male and visa versa :mad:. The reason I ask is because female long haired Syrians just get that very fluffy look and no skirt. It could be that he will still grow a skirt or that he'll just have a short tufty one but I thought I'd just double check :D

Elmolover4
03-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Thank you so much

Lol yes I'm sure he's make. When he sits down to clean his self you can see them two little pink balls there lol an I have watched him sit an he will push them behind him to sit or in front of him lol I feel bad for him sometimes but they are kinda big.

When I first got him I thought they was to big for his size that's why I thought he was older than 6 months. But I'll check again when he gets up to be sure. Lol

Thank you

flowerfairy
03-03-2016, 12:19 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous.

RubyDG
03-03-2016, 12:29 PM
:mad: Glad to hear he's definitely male then!

Elmolover4
03-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Yeah it's kinda funny. Sorry

Thank you

Pebbles82
03-06-2016, 03:29 AM
He looks to be having a grand old time on the bed! I thought our hamster must be older than 6 weeks when we got him because he was so big. And then he got even bigger lol! He's a really big Syrian! So size doesn't always give an idea of age. Some are just born big lol! Or grow ginormous. I actually went back to the pet shop and asked if they were sure he was only 6 weeks old because he was so big! They assured me he was and it seems about right because he kept growing lol.