PDA

View Full Version : Potential robo pregnancy

helenf
05-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Hi,

I've just had to split my robo 'pair' as I found out one is a girl and the other a boy. They have been living together for four days at my house, but were housed in a group at the pet shop before that.

I don't know how old they are - I am hoping fairly young as they were not on display in the shop but out the back (though maybe Pets at home does that with all hammies, I have no idea), but I guess they are probably able to breed.

a) is there any chance she won't be pregnant? I've read that some robos can be fussy breeders. This is what I'm hoping as Bubbles is a bit young for little uns, imo.

b) how shall I best prepare for a possible birth in the next few weeks. What special foods can I give to mum?

I've looked after syrian babies in the past (twice I managed to buy a pregnant syrian from a shop when I was a kid), but it's been a while!

internet_nobody
05-17-2009, 07:00 AM
Robos don't often breed young, so i'd say you have a much greater chance of no babies than babies.

Food with extra protein, such as egg, chicken, tofu are good, but personally I wouldn't give too many as while she isn't fully grown babies growing large with extra protein may be a problem. If she does give birth then plenty of protein rich food will be great for her.